Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

semi-OT. the hip in a club
Posted by: canadian.sway ()
Date: October 26, 2006 16:08

last night i saw the tragically hip at a club show.
they did something that i think we all would pray the stones would do (the show was at the phoenix in toronto, where the stones started their tour with the suprise club show).
the hip played their entire new album minus one song (imagine hearing all of ABB in one night), and played only two of their warhorses, and instead digging deep and playing all album cuts from their classic albums, digging out some real gems.
this was the equivelant to me of hearing all of ABB, two warhorses, and time waits for no one, winter, sway, she was hot, 100 years ago, parachuete woman, etc.

i give the hip huge credit for doing what they did, and lets hope the stones pull off something like this in their new york shows coming up.

Re: semi-OT. the hip in a club
Posted by: britstones ()
Date: October 27, 2006 17:33

Hey canadian, I'm off to Calgary to see the Hip @ the Macewan Ballroom on Saturday. I'm psyched! Next week I'm off to see the Stones & Van Morrison in Vancouver Fri. & the Hip Sat. @ the Commodore Ballroom [great old venue with a spring loaded dance floor, I got to see Woody there in '92.]. I can't wait! A great rockin' weekend on the west coast. Oh, and I echo your thoughts on the Stones shows @ the Beacon

Re: semi-OT. the hip in a club
Posted by: camper88 ()
Date: October 27, 2006 18:40

I don't know about all of ABB, but I wouldn't mind hearing a mini set of Under The Radar, Back of My Hand, It Won't Take long, and an 11 minute killer version of Laugh, I Nearly Died at The Beacon.

The Hip are in a league of their own as far as Canadian bands go, IMHO

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1753
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home