Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

is anybody able to answer the following "Stones"-question?
Posted by: Havo ()
Date: December 2, 2009 21:19

How many "Stones"-releases are there worlwide?.So all of their 7"(incl. all different sleeves (covers). same with the 10" and 12 ".All their cds- Official or boots-DVDs-Mc-s- books and merchandizing--reissues--different labels-souveniers etc...WORLWIDE, I asked!

well, I was betting with 3 friends of mine last night. the lowest was 7500 items--the highest 140000.
really would like to win 60 Bottles of greeeaaat Redwine

Maybe the best Rolling Stones-board--called IORR-- can help

under the boardwalk---down by the sea

Re: is anybody able to answer the following "Stones"-question?
Posted by: Jan Richards ()
Date: December 2, 2009 21:42

I have a fantastic book put together by an Italian collector, Luca Accialini. I have the second edition from October of 1998. In this book he is listing vinyls, CD's and C-casettes. This is before the DVD time, videos are also missing.

At that time he had identified 7435 entries from 64 different countries. I helped him out with another 50 items from my own collection that was not listed, mainly Indian and Finnish stuff.

This is 10 years back and new versions are being issued all the time. My rough estimate would be 8500 official releases world wide.

No point in going into boots. You can make 35 new boots every day by just combining new tracks on a CD and issue it...

Jan Richards

[www.stonesondecca.com]

Posted by: 1963luca0 ()
Date: December 2, 2009 23:21

The most recent version of the World-wide Rolling Stones Discography lists 11.383 entries, actually.
Not issued, yet. I have 3.000+ mopre entries to list, but my spare time is vry very short, nowadays.
Bya, Luca

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: December 2, 2009 23:29

What a relief that I am not a completist...grinning smiley

- Doxa

Posted by: Pelle ()
Date: December 2, 2009 23:49

i didnt knew the stones ever had released anything? lol

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1358
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home