Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
Seattle show comments
Posted by: Havo ()
Date: October 17, 2006 19:05

Any surprises there?. how are the tickets-sales?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-10-18 10:38 by bv.

Re: tonights-show in seattle!!
Posted by: rooster ()
Date: October 17, 2006 19:07

Yeah...give us some info..is the city invaded?

Posted by: MicknSteven ()
Date: October 17, 2006 19:38

I hope someone reports from there, all I know is sales were bad, however they offered about 3 Discounts for this show. Student Discounts, 4pack Discount, and $22.50 tickets Discounts, I belive lots of tickets were also given away. I cant wait to see how it turns out......some who is going tonight please post here.

Posted by: gmanp ()
Date: October 17, 2006 20:14

I couldn't find anything about it in the Seattle newspaper on-line version [may have just overlooked it].
Quite different from Regina, Louisville, et, etc.

Posted by: DaveG ()
Date: October 17, 2006 20:15

I'm going, but I hope to snag a ticket at the stadium. I know for sure the show is far from sold out.

Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: October 17, 2006 20:28

Over on Rocks Off they don't even have a thread for this show yet. I think this is a first since the very beginning of the tour.

"...no longer shall you trudge 'cross my peaceful mind."

Posted by: phd ()
Date: October 17, 2006 20:37

I saw some pics on shidoobee. The Stadium is awesome. If it's 50 % sold out, i.e. 35 K, it will be good.

Date: October 17, 2006 20:53

Come back to europe, stones: World cup is over and you dont have to play before a half filled stadium

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: October 17, 2006 20:57

If the concert was yesterday, on Oct. 15th, it would have been the 25th Anniversary of the fantastic show from The Kingdome, Seattle 1981.
They blew up The Kingdome some years ago.

Date: October 17, 2006 21:22

and they're gonna blow up Qwest Field tonight!

you can't catch me!

Date: October 17, 2006 23:05

nobody have info?

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: October 17, 2006 23:39

I think they were probably having trouble selling tickets since this show was heavily promoted in Vancouver! Weekend newspapers had ads for the past month advertising it as well as lots of radio ads.
Ticketmaster announced if you buy a ticket, they'll give a free bus ride from Vancouver.

Posted by: thewho ()
Date: October 18, 2006 00:06

Going to the show tonight. The Seattle P-I had a picture of them setting up the stadium yesterday. Seems like a lot of people are going, they have mentioned stuff on the news, and they have been advertising in the local papers. Hopefully it will be a sweet show and they'll bust out something special.

Date: October 18, 2006 09:38

It should be here(the list) and were are the reviews???

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: October 18, 2006 10:10

Waiting for setlist?

[www.timeanddate.com] Check Seattle, 9.10 in typing moment
[www.qwestfield.com] The venue

[www.iorr.org] DAveG just got home from it

Date: October 18, 2006 10:21

Merci for the links Baboon.

Date: October 18, 2006 10:22

From Shidobee* site via RO, as posted by Monkey_Man there a lil while ago -
[novogate.com]

1. JJF
2. IORR
3. Let's Spend the Night Together
4. SHE'S WAS HOT
5. Let It Bleed w/Dave Matthews (hmmmmmmm grrrrr)**
6. Streets of Love
7. Midnight Rambler
8. Tumbling Dice

9. You Got The Silver
10. Little T & A

11. Under My Thumb
12. ONNYA
13. Start Me Up
14. Honky Tonk Woman
15. SFD
16. Paint It Black
17. Brown Sugar
18. YCAGWYW
19. Satisfaction

* Not to be confused with any user with similar or exactly the same name
** Not my comment (but I wish it was)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-10-18 10:24 by Baboon Bro.

Just Got Home from the Seattle Show
Date: October 18, 2006 10:05

I got to Qwest Field about mid-way through Dave Matthews' set, with no ticket. Within a minute, I was in for $40.00, level 1, right side of stage, a very good seat.

Mick said it all, "You are blessed with a beautiful night . . ." It was indeed a sunny day, with a beautiful sunset, and a perfect evening.

Highlights for me: She Was Hot, Let it Bleed, Midnight Rambler, You Got the Silver. Great stuff, even though the sound was bad where I was sitting.

I continue to be amazed at Mick's boundless energy. He is the ultimate performer, he leaves it all out there on the stage. There is no one like him.

Keith looks very pale. Maybe it's the jet-black hair contrasted with his skin, but,in my opinion, he doesn't look too well. However. . . .he sang beautifully on YGTS. And, of course, the crowd loves him and he loves the crowd.

I'm ready for bed! A great show tonight. I went because I wonder if it will be the last Seattle show. I hope not. They all put on a fantastic show.

P.S. Sorry for the very incomplete "review". I'm just ready to fall asleep!!!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-10-18 10:16 by DaveG.

Re: Just Got Home from the Seattle Show
Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: October 18, 2006 10:08

estimate crowd?

Date: October 18, 2006 10:12

I would guess 40-50,000. There were empty seats in the very high and to the rear sections, but to me it looked mostly full

Posted by: Blade-MD ()
Date: October 18, 2006 10:26

Yeah 30-40K at best. Great show but Keith is REALLY looking very bad. I don't think he is in very good health at all.

Seattle Show
Date: October 18, 2006 10:24

I just got home from the concert. All I can say is wow, what a show. The highlight of the evening was another performance of "She Was Hot". It was a cool dry night here in "Rain Land". The Stones really lucked out. The song however sounded unrehearsed. Hopefully they will keep playing it and it will become more polished as the tour progresses. The rest of the set list was pretty standard with few surprises. All songs sounded great except Keith's performances of "You Got the Silver" and "Little T&A". Those were marginal at best. We had seats to the far side but up front. Keith came by one time and Mick multiple times. I must say that while Mick, Ron and Charlie are holding up well, Keith is on his last leg. I really fear that he will not be able to tour much longer. I don't anticipate ever seeing them again together as a group. The Dave Matthews Band did an outstanding job as a warm-up for the band. Dave came out and sung with Mick on "Let It Bleed". Great performance.

Re: Seattle Show
Date: October 18, 2006 10:26

What you say about Keith is of course really alarming.
On the other hand people seem to look for Last Leg-signs
on him all the time these days.

But it was a warm and tender nite, rite?

Date: October 18, 2006 10:28

What about the crowd?

Date: October 18, 2006 10:29

This was what Route66 wrote on Rocks Off not so long ago

"Hello. Newbie here. Found the board and joined after travelling from Indy up to Chicago for the show there. I hear Keith was all over the place 2night. I'm glad he's fine, but a little depressed that the weather in Chi screwed us out of getting to see him at 100% in what may have been the last time I'll ever be able to afford to see them live." [novogate.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-10-18 10:30 by Baboon Bro.

Date: October 18, 2006 10:29

Yeah, it was a pretty cool night. The Stones lucked out. Keith looked really bad compared to last year. I am an MD and would not give this guy more than 5 years of life just based upon his looks. My girlfriend and others around me agreed.

Date: October 18, 2006 10:32

On the third hand he might just be weary after some 14-15 months of touring
at age almost 63.
But yeah, he has used up rtwo of his common three lives,
or - when we count him as a cat - he couldnt possibly have more
than one out off his nine left?
Still: check upwards on the post fron Route66: How come he has been "all over"?

Date: October 18, 2006 10:33

Someone from SHIDOOBEE Seattle comment:
"Well, very tired and have to go to bed, but just want to let everyone know that Keith was HOT tonight! He was all over the stage, both sides, with Charlie, with Darrel, with Ronnie, with Blondie. The man was playing his heart out. He looked great, he was smiling, he was laughing, he was playing. So lets just put all those silly rumors to rest right here and now. More tomorrow, must sleep...... ahhhhhh Keith!
So maybe you're wrong, I hope!

Posted by: otonneau ()
Date: October 18, 2006 10:34

Blade-MD, I didn't think an MD would find it possible to estimate someone's lifetime by his looks. Funny, normally professionals are more cautious than profanes about their field of competence. But you must also be a prophet.

Date: October 18, 2006 10:37

Oh my!I cant see Seattle anymore...through all the Seattle threads.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1116
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home