Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

stones and "boutique"amps
Posted by: guitarbastard ()
Date: December 1, 2009 21:45

just wondering if they ever used/tried one of those new so called boutique amps such as matchless, badcat, divided by13 or BOGNER. anyone knows?

***** i'm a cold italian pizza *****

Re: stones and "boutique"amps
Posted by: benon again ()
Date: December 1, 2009 22:04

Victoria amps , oahu amps.I don`t know details but i`m curious.

Posted by: CBII ()
Date: December 1, 2009 23:36

Matchless, very interesting sound I've been checking one out for a couple of weeks. Don't ever remember them using one on stage or documented one being used in the studio. Not sure but someone will cough up the facts.

CBII

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-12-02 21:13 by CBII.

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: December 2, 2009 00:36

They had Matchless and TopHat delivered to them in LA in '97, they use Victoria on stage lately.

Mathijs

Date: December 2, 2009 00:40

Mathijs
They had Matchless and TopHat delivered to them in LA in '97, they use Victoria on stage lately.

Mathijs

thanks mathijs. what about bogner? just curious, because i have one...;-)

Date: December 2, 2009 00:46

guitarbastard
Mathijs

Mathijs

thanks mathijs. what about bogner? just curious, because i have one...;-)

Anything is possible, but Bogner is not really a Stones type of amp I think.

Mathijs

Date: December 2, 2009 00:49

yeah thats true, bute the old ecstasy is actualy a fantastic amp, i tell u! ;-)

Posted by: RockinBud ()
Date: December 2, 2009 05:42

check out Louis Electric KR12, Lou Rossano made 3 for KR, he showed me the paid receipts...www.louisamps.com...and yes I have one.

Posted by: fiftyamp ()
Date: December 2, 2009 09:42

The Mark Sampson era Matchless amps are awesome. I have a 15 Nighthawk and a DC-30.

Rockin Bud: How's the Louis Amp? I'm thinking of picking one up?

Posted by: KeithNacho ()
Date: December 2, 2009 09:58

Fenders, Marshall's anmd Mesa's they use to play are'nt factory mass production stuff.................... those amps are really boutique amps!!!!!!!!! And those old fender's...............

Posted by: KeithNacho ()
Date: December 2, 2009 09:59

My Carvin Nomad is the best amp of the world!!!!!! What happens is that RS do not know these amps

Posted by: misterfrias ()
Date: December 2, 2009 12:12

I think the Stones were rather tied to Ampeg. Sponsorship money & all that.

I would have liked to hear Keith play through a Vox.

Greetings from the Jersey Shore.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 2, 2009 15:12

Mathijs

Mathijs
have you forgotten ronnie's rig two fender custom shop vibro kings and keef's rig is vintage fender tweed twins .i know because i checked out his rig at madison square garden right from the backline!

Posted by: RockinBud ()
Date: December 2, 2009 19:39

fiftyamp
The Mark Sampson era Matchless amps are awesome. I have a 15 Nighthawk and a DC-30.

Rockin Bud: How's the Louis Amp? I'm thinking of picking one up?

I absolutely love the Louis Electric KR12..After I read various reviews, especially in ToneQuest I called Lou and I went to his shop in NJ and played my stuff so he could get a feel for what I was looking for and he slightly customized my amp from the standard you may find in a store...whatever guitar I play thru it , on whatever setting or gain stage, it takes my breath away...its a little pricey..if you live in NY area I suggest you give him a call and he's an extremely nice fellow

.Good Luck
RB

Date: December 2, 2009 21:03

The Greek
Mathijs

Mathijs
have you forgotten ronnie's rig two fender custom shop vibro kings and keef's rig is vintage fender tweed twins .i know because i checked out his rig at madison square garden right from the backline!

Of course these are not forgotten, but none of the amps you mention are "boutique".

Mathijs

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 2, 2009 21:13

Mathijs
The Greek
Mathijs

Mathijs

Of course these are not forgotten, but none of the amps you mention are "boutique".

Mathijs
you are correct sir .my bad

Posted by: fiftyamp ()
Date: December 2, 2009 21:17

RockinBud

I absolutely love the Louis Electric KR12..After I read various reviews, especially in ToneQuest I called Lou and I went to his shop in NJ and played my stuff so he could get a feel for what I was looking for and he slightly customized my amp from the standard you may find in a store...whatever guitar I play thru it , on whatever setting or gain stage, it takes my breath away...its a little pricey..if you live in NY area I suggest you give him a call and he's an extremely nice fellow

.Good Luck
RB

Cheers!

Posted by: benon again ()
Date: December 2, 2009 22:28

Vintage Twins aren`t boutique amps they are real vintage amps but customized for sure..Fender Vibro King is available from Fender.Woody`s amps are customized too for sure.

Posted by: firebird ()
Date: December 2, 2009 23:28

I have spotted a Soldano SLO in pictures of studio sessions. But I can't tell if they have actually used it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-12-02 23:41 by firebird.

Date: December 2, 2009 23:55

firebird
I have spotted a Soldano SLO in pictures of studio sessions. But I can't tell if they have actually used it.

Keith used a Soldano SLO for lead guitar in on the '89 tour, replaced it with a Marshall Plexi for the 1990 tour.

Mathijs

Posted by: firebird ()
Date: December 3, 2009 12:19

Mathijs
firebird

Keith used a Soldano SLO for lead guitar in on the '89 tour, replaced it with a Marshall Plexi for the 1990 tour.

Mathijs

LOL, I am both a Soldano player and a Stones fan for many years, but i didn't know that. Thanks Mathijs

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1856
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home