Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Incredible meeting in a Paris night club
Posted by: Yazid Manou ()
Date: July 13, 2006 13:45

I was invited last night in a friend's birthday party : a place called Slow Club. Around 11 pm, I came to the noisy DJ room to say hi to some artists I knew (the next young french rock generation : Natacha from As Dragon, Nicola from The Hellboys, The Second Sex, The Plasticine...). Then suddenly, sweet Natacha said : "hey look who's in front of you" : ANDREW LOOG OLDHAM (with his wife) !! Damned !! I would not have been able to recognize him myself for sure !

We've been talking for 60 minutes. He's a very nice guy. Of course (as a Hendrix fanatic) I asked about Linda Keith meeting with him and the unknown guitar player back in NYC spring 1966...I said that we just released in France the DVD documentary "Brian Jones & The Rolling Stones - Not Fade Away" with the totally unseen tv interview of Charlie Watts by Peter Whitehead (1966). Andrew told me about his meeting and relation with Tony Calder, etc. I even said few words about the possible tape with Jimi and Mick from november 27, 1969...I was proud to say I promoted the 22 Stones SACD from Decca (for Universal Music).

It was an amazing evening for sure and what a cool gentleman.

Message for the french fans : his two books "Stoned" + 2Stoned" will be translated and printed in one book at the end of the year.

Stat tuned
YM
ps : Stones News magazine (french fan-club) asked me to write an article about this meeting for their next issue.

Re: Incredible meeting in a Paris night club
Posted by: inopeng ()
Date: July 13, 2006 17:00

Cool...you are fortunate!

Posted by: Tekumseh ()
Date: July 13, 2006 17:11

Great! Bet you had a good time then. smiling smiley

Posted by: Tseverin ()
Date: July 13, 2006 18:40

Lucky man Yazid,
What did he say about the Jagger/Hendrix tape? Does he know if it's for real?

This Charlie interview you mention, is this just the one contained in 'Charlie Is My Darling' or an extra?

Date: July 17, 2006 14:03

He was surprised when he heard about the Jagger/Hendrix tape and asked me if I was sure about the date + meeting. We're 100% sure for the november 27, 1969 as the Stones played Madison Square Garden where Jimi visited them backstage. Then Deering Howe who told me the story isn't the guy who says bullshit ! Of course, we do wait to hear the tape now !!!

The 17 minutes Charlie Watts unreleased tv interview is not from "Charlie Is My Darling" (as Andrew said he's the owner) 'cos it's a colour interview. It has been shot by Peter Whitehead but for another purpose.

Regards
Yazid

Date: July 22, 2006 16:47

Some of you may not know what Andrew Loog Oldham is doing for living ! He talked to me about his radio activity : DJ every week-end on Little Steven Van Zandt underground radio (Sirius, an important US radio operator by satellite)! You can even listen to his shows :

[linux.littlesteven.com]

Regards and enjoy !

YM

Posted by: Miss U. ()
Date: July 22, 2006 22:36

Did he say anything about Brian? Although they did not get along, I like ALO; brilliant & witty man.

[p207.ezboard.com]

Date: July 23, 2006 00:20

Miss U. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Did he say anything about Brian?

I did not want to embarrass him too much with the Stones. I gave him the DVD : "Brian Jones & The Rolling Stones" and I asked him his comments later on so I really hope he will say something ! In fact he should have many things to say as the DVD is concentrated of the very first years and the main act Tony Calder is always talking 'bout him.

YM

Date: August 11, 2006 11:08

Andrew Loog Oldham gave me his comments on the DVD "Brian Jones & The RS" : not very positive regarding the interview of his old friend Tony Calder (!!!). But Andrew was a little angry when he discovered that "more than one-third of the movie is footage that myself, the Rolling Stones and ABKCO Music and records inc. own..."

By the way, the DVD was released in France on june 15th but could you tell me if we could find it in other europeans countries (Germany, Holland, Italy, etc.) ????

Thanks and regards
YM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1839
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home