Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Relationship between the Stones & Pink Floyd
Posted by: Massimo68 ()
Date: November 20, 2009 13:31

Well, Mick Jagger tried many times to bang Brigitte Bardot, but it's never happened.
Like Serge Gainsbourg, David Gilmour was a lucky guy.

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: November 20, 2009 14:09

Massimo68
Well, Mick Jagger tried many times to bang Brigitte Bardot, but it's never happened.

Was it in 1966 in Saint Tropez when Gilmour had an affair with BB ?

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: November 20, 2009 15:16

Both bands recorded songs that had the title "Money"

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: November 20, 2009 17:56

Isn't it true that during the filming of RnR Circus... there was a strange incident involving Keith Moon of the Who,
which they felt showed a "dark side of Moon"?

Date: November 20, 2009 18:07

schillid
Isn't it true that during the filming of RnR Circus... there was a strange incident involving Keith Moon of the Who,

When he pulled water on his drum ??
I only know John seemed to upset and throw off Mick with his homosexual references.

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: November 20, 2009 18:39

schillid

And something about a lunatic putting his own head through a drum head...

Posted by: LOGIE ()
Date: November 20, 2009 21:25

Doxa
LOGIE
Dave Gilmour was at Knebworth in 1976:

If the Stones - at least Keith - were not on their freshiest and sraightest mood at Knebworth, neither were these two guys... quite a festival it must've been... smoking smiley

- Doxa

Interestingly enough, the last song to be played on the PA system before the Stones made their appearance that night/morning, was the full 20 minute version of Pink Floyd's Echoes!

Posted by: ROLLINGSTONE ()
Date: November 20, 2009 23:16

Admittedly a bit tenuous but I think Doris Troy did backing vocals for both bands.

Also just the other night I watched Classic Albums 'Dark Side of the Moon' and Gilmour mentioned something about once using a recording studio owned by The Stones in Floyd's earlier years. Can't remember where and can't be bothered running it again to establish location.

"I'll be in my basement room with a needle and a spoon."

Posted by: KeithNacho ()
Date: November 21, 2009 10:16

In the middle eighties, Pink Floyd were touring, while the Stones were suffering an ego struggle that took them out of the road several years. By that time, Rick Wright said , in an interview, that it was acceptable doing Pink Floyd Shows according to their ages by that time, a thing that was not posible with The Rolling Stones because their shows and music were more young-oriented than the adult-oriented Pink Floyd's. He could'nt imagine Jagger singing and jumping on stage by that time and in the future.
Its November 2009, Rick Wright is playing keyboards with Brian Jones, John Lennon, George Harrison and Jimi Hendrix. And Mick Jagger made a wonderful appearance in a live show two weeks ago, ant there are serious rumour for a new Rolling Stones album and tour.
I really like Pink Floyd , mainly the sound and playing of Gilmour and Wright. God bless the old rockers that left us.
Thank you very much Rick for your music; but you were wrong in that time

Date: November 21, 2009 11:14

KeithNacho

Its November 2009, Rick Wright is playing keyboards with Brian Jones, John Lennon, George Harrison and Jimi Hendrix.

Sweet .

Posted by: KeithNacho ()
Date: November 21, 2009 12:11

I forgot Keith Moon and John Entwistle on drums and bass respectiveley

Posted by: Sjouke ()
Date: November 21, 2009 14:57

don't forget Freddie Mercury on vocals... 18 years ago this week.

Date: November 21, 2009 15:25

SwayStones
Massimo68

Was it in 1966 in Saint Tropez when Gilmour had an affair with BB ?

Funny because i've always thought Gilmour didn't "fit "to the kind of men BB used to sleep with .

Posted by: slew ()
Date: November 22, 2009 01:02

I like Dark Side of the Moon and Wish you Were Here the rest of Floyd does do much for me.

Date: November 23, 2009 16:11

I love the 88 & 94 World Tour tapes.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1530
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home