Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Keith and Ronnie -the Art of Weaving
Posted by: curtisdavis ()
Date: July 28, 2006 00:45

I'm sitting here listening to Gimme Some Neck and just listening to Ronnie and Keith blending guitars,a thing they do so well.
It was evident in the chemistry of there playing on I've Got My Own Album to Do that they enjoyed playing together,Ronnie was the only choice style and personality wise.Of course the 75 tour was baptism by fire for Ronnie.
What are your favorite Ronnie and Keith blending moments on guitar!!!

Re: Keith and Ronnie -the Art of Weaving
Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: July 28, 2006 01:10

Best of Burden comes to mind as one of my favorites. They made guitar weaving into a fine art by the '81 tour and any tune from that tour would be a great exponent but these days the weave is not so much in evidence.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: July 28, 2006 01:18

it weft around 1989

Date: July 28, 2006 02:26

She's so Cold,Let me Go,also All the Way Down comes to mind..Just a Few'also there are some moments on the 78 tour where you can't tell who's doing what.

Posted by: cbtaco19 ()
Date: July 28, 2006 02:54

When The Whip Comes Down '78 tour!

Posted by: Niklas ()
Date: July 28, 2006 05:15

They still do it, and we could hear it if the sound man would turn Ronnie up in the mix. Just listen to Rocks off on Live Licks. An excellent example of the weaving.....

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: July 28, 2006 06:18

Niklas Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> They still do it, and we could hear it if the
> sound man would turn Ronnie up in the mix. Just
> listen to Rocks off on Live Licks. An excellent
> example of the weaving.....

I'm sorry, but due to the inept editing on that particular track, this song has been permanently banned from the playlist of all IORR members. Perhaps you didn't get the memo...

Date: July 28, 2006 06:52

What is up with that edit??????. agree on Keith and Ronnie weaving it up on Rocks Off live,just don't ever mention the Live Licks Version again //Thank you Kindly PS.What about the Dirty Work title track for some mid 80s weaving..

Posted by: stoned_in_dc ()
Date: July 28, 2006 07:33

come on get serious and bring back mick taylor...this weaving biz is just a bunch of baloney.."art"??? have you guys been listening to the tapes of the tour??? more than "weaving" its like 2 drunk drivers weaving and crashing.

sorry but it had to be said..this weaving phrase is just some bullshit keith came up with when mick left

Date: July 28, 2006 07:51

Mick Taylor left on his on accord,the band moved on ..it had to be said'...Keith and Ronnie can play together well when on the top of their game. PS I love Mick Taylor also but it ain't about him this time!!!

Date: July 28, 2006 08:07

Keith knew in 1974 he could play with Ronnie.Ronnie wasn't standing still while Taylor was in the Stones69/74,he was busy rocking himself....

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: July 28, 2006 08:13

ROCKMAN

Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: July 28, 2006 08:30

Yeah, there used to be some great weaving gojng on. The first album you mentioned actually has some good guitar p[laying on it; even though Roy T. Baker tried his best to destroy any dry solid guitar crunch by throwing a reverb the size of a cathedral on Charlie's snare. "Buried Alive", "Come to realize", "Infekshun" and "Breakin my heart" all show first class interplay by the two. To hear how it REALLY should sound one needs to listen to the Barbarian boots from 79. But IMO the performnces are up there with the SG tour.
I thought the 78 tour was better than the 81 tour, as far as the guitars go. Charlie was a lot wilder and so were the tunes.

"...no longer shall you trudge 'cross my peaceful mind."

Date: July 28, 2006 16:34

Who thought Gimme Some neck sounded good like that?Ronnie should have put the coke down for one of the mixing sessions.On the other hand Mick Taylors album from the same year on Columbia records sounded good.Ronnie should have fired Roy T. Baker who obviously didn't know what to do with Ronnie's music..PS All Stones fans of the 78 and 81/82 tour need's to have the video of the New Barbarians in Largo...Great interplay from Ronnie and Keith!!!!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1986
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home