Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

question about the " student discount"
Posted by: brewcrew87 ()
Date: July 25, 2006 20:53

i am going to be a freshman at ohio state this fall, but there are no shows in ohio so i am going to the chicago show oct 11th- but i will have to buy tickets online- can i still get the student discount- it doesnt really matter its not much at all btu it would still be nice to get online if it is possible

Re: question about the " student discount"
Posted by: trainarollin ()
Date: July 25, 2006 21:11

I personally think the Student Discount will take effect closer to the show date when they realize 1/3 of the Stadium Tickets are still available. I can't see why they would do a reduced price on the first day of on-sales.

As for who is a student, I think one may have to go to Venue box office in person and present a valid college ID and they could make a xerox of it for accounting purposes.

Posted by: rocksoffKR ()
Date: July 25, 2006 21:28

brew crew how are you gonna be getting to soldier field, im gonna be a freshman at holy cross in indiana...ever been to soldier field?

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: July 25, 2006 21:49

i've never heard of a student discount for a concert like this. Has that happened in the past?

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: July 25, 2006 21:54

I knew the the day/tour would come when I'd regret graduating....

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: July 25, 2006 21:55

It may be cheaper to go back to college than to join the fan club!

Date: July 25, 2006 22:04

Elmo Lewis Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
It may be cheaper to go back to college than to join the fan club!

hehehehe good one Elmo.

Posted by: Lukester ()
Date: July 25, 2006 22:08

I just enrolled in some basket weaving classes on my lunch break. Please tell me this student discount is for real.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: July 25, 2006 22:11

always thought of you as a basket case....

Posted by: barking paul ()
Date: July 25, 2006 22:13

if only I could find that old school uniform, probably wouldn't fit anyway, last worn in 1969.

Seriously, I'm intrigued as to how they will manage this student discount.

Date: July 25, 2006 22:14

barking paul Wrote:
if only I could find that old school uniform, probably wouldn't fit anyway, last worn in 1969.

Did you check Angus Young's closet?

Posted by: drake ()
Date: July 26, 2006 00:02

Me and MOST of my buddies are still in college (close to graduating though) but I cant see how this discount would really apply. I'll be buying my tickets on the general sale date and I seriously doubt they'll have a field on ticketmaster that says "please tell us your student ID#, college, phone number for reference, etc... etc..." The only way I see it working would be if you bought your tickets, went to the venue, presented your college ID, and got $5 cash from the boxoffice.

I dont buy it. I will however buy a ticket, infact, MANY tickets. There will be a large caravan from Louisville, KY to Chicago. And someone better organize a damn good preshow party. We'll bring the goodies.

-Drake

Date: July 26, 2006 05:27

rocksoffKR Wrote:
> brew crew how are you gonna be getting to soldier
> field, im gonna be a freshman at holy cross in
> indiana...ever been to soldier field?

me and my buddy are gonna drive from columbus- im taking 71 north up to I 80 West which is close to cleveland, then I 80 west into chicago i dont have the directions in front of me but ill find them- iam staying in a hotel that is within walking distance to soldier field so i can do some pregaming- ive been to soldier field once but it was int he summer of 04 on vacation with my mom- i just walked around the outside of it

Posted by: hailtothestones ()
Date: July 26, 2006 06:21

Yea brewcrew lets get a bunch of us college students together before the show and get smashed outside the stadium or better yet in your hotel room!! Who's down?

Date: July 26, 2006 06:53

im down for sure !!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1714
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home