Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

The band finally behind a 'new' album!
Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: July 15, 2006 14:24

Yeah, it took a year or something, but after seen the set lists in Milan and Vienna, I draw the conclusion that the band seemed finally have realized that they released quite a capable album a while ago! Now, one can say they finally changed the theme from the Licks tour to A Bigger Bang tour. They almost sound a living and breathing group now!

And funniest thing is that the new songs, especially "Streets of Love" are recieved very nicely. Why on earth they waited a year to realize the potentia of their 1st single of the album? Either (a) European crowds are thought be not so conservative ones as the earlier ones, or (b) the guys themselves didn't believe the strenght of their new album = their acceptance among the audiences. Bloody Jagger always try to do it safe way, without riskys involved. They never seem to learn the lesson that their audiences not just wait "Brown Sugar" and "Satisfaction". Underestimation, I think.

Anyway, I hope they will keep the trend - and play another potential new pleaser, "My Mistake" as soon as possible! And the Twins, come on and share the same mic on the chorus!

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-07-15 14:29 by Doxa.

Re: The band finally behind a 'new' album!
Posted by: nikkibong ()
Date: July 15, 2006 14:32

Your mistake - the name of the song is Biggest Mistake.

anyway, i'm inclined to agree. i'm especially glad to see RFD back - it's a few miles (or kilometers, as this is the euro tour now) ahead of Oh No Not Rough Jvstice.

Now bring on She Saw Me Coming!

Date: July 15, 2006 14:36

Yeah, my mistake (but not the biggest mistake of my life..) :-)

- Doxa

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2006-07-15 14:38 by Doxa.

Posted by: terry ()
Date: July 15, 2006 15:04

mabe because the album sold better in europe...italy got sol beause it sold well there .i would like to see around n around done on the small stage.i be a happy boy

Posted by: stone-relics ()
Date: July 15, 2006 15:19

I am so glad they finally broke out a LOT of the new songs..such great news...

JR

Posted by: taz22 ()
Date: July 15, 2006 16:18

It Won't Take Long was only played twice on the NA tour I believe and I am also wondering if they'll pull out Back of My Hand....saw BOMH done it Ottawa and it was pretty cool!

Posted by: sf37 ()
Date: July 15, 2006 17:52

I'd also love to hear them play "Laugh, I Nearly Died" live, though it probably won't happen. I've long thought this song should have been one of the tracks culled as a single from the album. And I agree, the album as a whole is a show of the band's strength.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-07-15 17:52 by sf37.

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: July 15, 2006 21:26

i want to hear "back of my hand" more than any of the other new songs. i've seen RFD a lot (spolied american)

Posted by: madmaxx ()
Date: July 15, 2006 22:01

Back of My Hand is my fave track of the Album.

Would be well pleased if they add it to the setlist for a show I am going to.

Rough Justice I can live without.

Posted by: jumpinjackgreg ()
Date: July 15, 2006 22:11

I feel like b/w my 2 shows this tour i've seen quite a few new songs...
-Rough Justice
-Oh No Not You Again
-Rain Fall Down
-Back of My Hand
-Infamy
-This Place Is Empty
plus I got some rarities like Sway, Mr. Pitiful and Love Is Strong. I've been pleased w/my setlists, but I do agree 100% that more new songs should be played and there should be a minimum of 5 new songs in a minimum of 22 songs per setlist. SOL would be great to hear live if they do come back to the USA this fall.

Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: July 15, 2006 22:13

Cheers to the Stones for playing five new songs. And I agree with those who say it's time for Back of My Hand to make a return - perhaps it could rotate with Rain Fall Down.

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: July 15, 2006 22:52

x

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-12-07 21:26 by Beelyboy.

Posted by: Fan Since 1964 ()
Date: July 16, 2006 01:42

Keith said in an interview and I quote
"Let's take the baby for a walk" / "take the diapers off"
Well it'll probably take a year or so for a baby to walk.
So it's really time for this one to walk!
Think it's too late though!

Been Stoned since 1964 and still am!

Date: July 16, 2006 12:31

Fan Since 1964 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Keith said in an interview and I quote
> "Let's take the baby for a walk" / "take the
> diapers off"
> Well it'll probably take a year or so for a baby
> to walk.
> So it's really time for this one to walk!
> Think it's too late though!

Yeah, even I really like the treatement and trend now, I also think that they, with Virgin, screwed up the chances of ABB last year big time. There wasn't any big effort to make it a big hit or promote tha album and its material. The whole album was made with minimal effort as an excuse to do another huge tour, and Virgin knew that it will sell a reasonable amount anyway.

- Doxa

Posted by: rooster ()
Date: July 16, 2006 12:41

It gives me a very good feeling..they up thre doing their new 'thing'''.

Posted by: john r ()
Date: July 16, 2006 20:08

When I saw them in August '05 the new stuff was well received - 2 or 3 weeks pre-release. They performed 4 from ABB, and an unrecorded cover. Then, come January the album has sold a half million or so and they're down to 3 new ones. I found it inexplicable, but they were powerful enough that I tried not to let it be a big issue.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: July 16, 2006 21:08

They've played 8 of the A Bigger Bang tunes live so far. Rough Justice, Rain Fall Down, It Won't Take Long, Oh No, Not You Again, Back Of My Hand, Infamy, This Place Is Empty and most recently, Streets Of Love. I reckon we'll hear Biggest Mistake soon enough and that'll bring it to 9. I don't think we’ll get any more and it's also worth noting that only 4 or 5 of these songs are in regular rotation.

Posted by: nikkibong ()
Date: July 16, 2006 21:10

if only they'd give Oh No Not Rough Jvstice a rest . . .a permanent rest, in fact.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: July 16, 2006 21:19

nikkibong Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> if only they'd give Oh No Not Rough Jvstice a rest
> . . .a permanent rest, in fact.

Not having yet seen them live on this tour, I can't agree with you. I'll be at both Twickenham shows next month and my moneys on hearing both of those! Out of the new songs, I think those two are pretty consistant in the setlists

Posted by: oldkr ()
Date: July 16, 2006 21:21

Back of my hand worked well live, nice to see jagger playing a somewhat accomplished slide

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2284
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home