Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Mick Jagger by Andy Warhol
Posted by: dead.flowers ()
Date: November 16, 2009 17:12

Re: Mick Jagger by Andy Warhol
Date: November 16, 2009 17:14

Recently, in a public library, I came across an arts volume with the full series of Andy warhol's Mick pictures. Beautiful stuff, I must say. And I ever liked these pictures so much from when I got to see them first. Fine pieces of art.

Were these pictures done together with the art cover for Love you Live?

Unfortunately I cannot find the full range of these pieces on the internet.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2009-11-16 17:18 by dead.flowers.

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: November 16, 2009 18:09

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Posted by: Rubino ()
Date: November 16, 2009 18:30

SwayStones

I had seen before all the paintings one by one not all together.
There is a book about them?

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: November 16, 2009 18:36

Date: November 16, 2009 18:47

dead.flowers
.Were these pictures done together with the art cover for Love you Live?

[www.warholprints.com]

BTW ,do you know this great site ?

[garyrocks.wordpress.com]

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Posted by: RockinBud ()
Date: November 16, 2009 19:39

Please allow me to Introduce myself, I am a man of taste but not wealth...
I was walking in Greenwich village circa 1971-72ish and I see the Warhol Jagger print in a frame/print shop on 6th ave..back then I was lucky if I had $5 in my pocket...the price then as I recal $2250..wished I coulda, woulda shoulda..
flash forward late 1980's ..see same/similar in SoHo gallery for $25000...flash forward early 2000ish same/similar $55000...last seen $67000...
The prints for Love You Live are different..and later
I on the spot for $2600 remembering my earlier experience...RW is No Warhol but a Rolling Stone, ya never know
btw, I read Warren Haynes has 2 Warhol/Jaggers
RockinBud
www.myspace.com/rockiinbuds

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: November 16, 2009 19:46

RockinBud
back then I was lucky if I had $5 in my pocket...the price then as I recal $2250..wished I coulda, woulda shoulda..

In 1979, my first apartment in NYC after college was near 7th Street and Avenue A and was $275 per month...

Keith Haring "graffiti" was appearing in the subways... woulda could shoulda gone out with scrapers and solvents and mailing tubes.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-11-16 19:48 by schillid.

Posted by: HEILOOBAAS ()
Date: November 16, 2009 20:45

I wish he'd done those Jagger pics in 1972. Jagger was looking sick in 1975, all stringy hair & cocaine eyes. Not attractive by any means. & certainly not what I think of as art.

Posted by: peter ()
Date: November 17, 2009 04:57

I was in Wakiki in 1977 attending the very first GAVIN REPORT convention..I walked by a gallery who had several Jagger/Warhol prints displayed in the window for $1200 each....should have borrowed $$ to buy at least one of them...in 1981 I attended a wedding at the home of the late Bill Graham in Marin...Bill had 3 of them hanging in the living room...one could retire if you happen to own 3 of these now....peter

Date: November 17, 2009 11:34

I had seen before all the paintings one by one not all together. There is a book about them?

Yes, I had it in my hands and looked it through, however, don't remember the author nor the publisher. I believe it was a series of 96 prints altogether that Warhol sold assembled in a kind of big folder.

And, in Hamburg around 1981 there was one of these prints for sale at my poster gallery for some 2,200 Marks. Now I know I should have put up the money and buy it then.

Nevermind, art or no art, there's no accounting for taste and I like them.

And thank you for the links, Ms Sway.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-11-17 11:36 by dead.flowers.

Posted by: Roll73 ()
Date: November 17, 2009 14:04

If anyone's in London, you can see one of the these prints in the Pop Life exhibition at the Tate Modern. Definitely worth a visit.

Posted by: Rubino ()
Date: November 17, 2009 16:20

dead.flowers
I had seen before all the paintings one by one not all together. There is a book about them?

Yes, I had it in my hands and looked it through, however, don't remember the author nor the publisher. I believe it was a series of 96 prints altogether that Warhol sold assembled in a kind of big folder.

And, in Hamburg around 1981 there was one of these prints for sale at my poster gallery for some 2,200 Marks. Now I know I should have put up the money and buy it then.

Nevermind, art or no art, there's no accounting for taste and I like them.

And thank you for the links, Ms Sway.
2,200 Marks of those years? A lot. But I aint a man, and not a woman of wealth but taste, yes. I like them.
Thanks for the info.

Date: November 17, 2009 16:28

daed.flowers , I haven't heard about a book with 96 prints ,sorry not to be able to help you.
I know that Warhol had taken a lot of polaroids from Jagger's face ,but I know only the most famous ones he choosed for his "paintings work "

Date: November 17, 2009 16:50

Hi Sway yeah thanks I've seen these polaroids in google. Apparently Warhol based his work on these. The book I can't tell you more than I've already said: I've had it in my hands in a library. Take care.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1447
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home