Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Shattered
Posted by: From4tilLate ()
Date: November 10, 2009 00:27

I think it's one of the last completely original rock and roll songs ever written.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: November 10, 2009 17:36

The New Orleans Voodoo show was a Monday.

The reason for the awful audio of the live broadcast, I'm sure, had to do with the fact that almost nobody went to the show - there were only 22,000 or so people in the Superdome.

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: November 10, 2009 17:44

From4tilLate
I think it's one of the last completely original rock and roll songs ever written.

that seems like a curious statement. how so? i think the last completely original rnr song was written sometime in the 50's, probably...

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: November 10, 2009 19:36

The reason for the awful audio of the live broadcast, I'm sure, had to do with the fact that almost nobody went to the show - there were only 22,000 or so people in the Superdome.

Can't understand to this day why such a venue, which is not audible friendly was chosen for a live/taped radio broadcast.

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: November 10, 2009 19:45

T&A
From4tilLate

that seems like a curious statement. how so? i think the last completely original rnr song was written sometime in the 50's, probably...

Well, I agree with From4tilLate here.

Shattered is essentially a groove that doesn't fall in any possible qualification. Its funky, it rocks, its sexy. It has the true essence of rock and roll, but its new. What is it? Dance? Rock? Funk? I never heard something alike before. The way Jagger sings is pure genius. The composition is genius. The playing is killer. A masterpiece!

C

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: November 10, 2009 21:12

I didn't know the Supe show was a live broadcast or whatever for years. Then I got a hold of a bootleg of the show (and had a nice laugh, again, at Mick introducing Doo Doo Doo Doo from Black And Blue) and then someone I talked to said they listened to it on the radio and why did it sound so bad?!

They were stunned when I told them how many people were there. I did see a official count of the crowd but I can't recall it. It was something around 22,000 or just under 25,000 with I believe 65,000 tickets available. U2 came 3 years later (PopMart) and had under 19,000 people.

So I'm quite sure that's why both bands have stopped coming to New Orleans.

Posted by: Telecaster_man ()
Date: November 11, 2009 15:43

I think this is the roughest versions of this song (it´s for sure on my top 10 performances beside Hampton 81 full show).

In my opinion that´s how a rock band should perform, raw and without too many additonal musicians,just guitars,bass,drums and some piano/keyboard sounding on the backgrounds. I want my band to sound like that.

One of my favourite songs ever.

---------------------------------------------
Shattered !!!
---------------------------------------------

Date: November 11, 2009 16:18

<The version on SAL is much better than the version on Still Life if that makes any sense.>

How come it be? Jagger sings way better on Still Life (Hampton?), the guitars are sharp as blades and Ronnie does a great solo.

Only weak point is the tempo - a tad too fast, imo.

The SAL-version is a little flat, imo. And I don't like the BU-vox of Bernard and Blondie - too polished. A little slow, too.

Just my two cents smiling smiley

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1836
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home