Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Warning
Posted by: uck ()
Date: May 12, 2006 18:16

Warning to all posters. The moderator of this board censors legitimate posts. I don't like Tim Ries' project and I post to that effect. Everytime I do, of late, my posts are pulled. Beware, this moderator has an agenda and does not respect free speech.

uck

Re: Warning
Posted by: drake ()
Date: May 12, 2006 20:28

The moderator here, BV, is the coolest dude you will ever meet. Knocking 'the moderator' wont win you points with any of the posters. You just went down in my book and I dont even know you.

-Drake

Posted by: Reptile ()
Date: May 12, 2006 20:31

You weren't in my book. But I'm writing your name down and I'm adding a "-1" too. Bjornulf does a good job. He's the only moderator on this board with thousands of users, plus he has a life outside this board too, he can't evaluate every case.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: May 12, 2006 20:39

I agree with Drake and Reptile. Stop nagging uck. Just stick to the rules and you won't have any problem here. It's a great place for Stonesfriends and Bjornulf is 100% OK

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: May 12, 2006 20:44

uck Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
Warning to all posters. The moderator of this
board censors legitimate posts. I don't like Tim
Ries' project and I post to that effect.
Everytime I do, of late, my posts are pulled.
Beware, this moderator has an agenda and does not
respect free speech.

uck

Yeah, I have to disagree here. I have posted many times about things I don't like, and some of those things I know are well-liked by most of the board and they haven't been deleted.

I didn't read your posts, but I'm thinking perhaps he disagreed with your wording? Can you objectively say whether it could be construed as offensive by someone? Maybe try rewriting and see what happens.

Posted by: Fan Since 1964 ()
Date: May 12, 2006 20:51

I think BV is doing a good job and should be given credit for that.
Though I have to admit I was disappointed when I started up a thread
called "Wish you a speedy recovery" and soon found out it was closed by him.
The thread wasn't offensive, specualative or anything in that way.
Then I find that the moderator him self started a thread with the same intent
as mine had.

A bit disappointing and sad! I will not for sure take any initiatives
to new threads but follow others!

Been Stoned since 1964 and still am!

Posted by: madmaxx ()
Date: May 12, 2006 20:52

I think the same.

Its the way you put it & not the fact you dont like Tim.

Posted by: jagger50 ()
Date: May 12, 2006 21:00

If someone don't like BV's approach then try another Stones forum. There are others. But we all should respect his wishes. He does an awful lot for us at no charge.

Posted by: bruno ()
Date: May 12, 2006 21:05

Let's think about it: you come to BV's house to have a few beers. If you don't like beer, you can always go to a bar to have a wine...

[There'll be no wedding today...]

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: May 12, 2006 21:08

bruno Wrote:
> Let's think about it: you come to BV's house to
> have a few beers. If you don't like beer, you can
> always go to a bar to have a wine...

That was a real BV-ism, Bruno grinning smiley

Bjornulf got a bit more conservative in the last years, in my opinion - but I'm not complaining (too much). IORR is the number 1 board around smiling smiley

Date: May 12, 2006 21:09

Bye bye topic starter..

Date: May 12, 2006 21:09

Bruno, you sound just like BV. Was that wine or whine?

Posted by: Lukester ()
Date: May 12, 2006 21:11

uck, dude, nice name by the way, it must be the way you said it, don't you think?....you must have worded your comment in a way that "broke a rule." At least that is my guess. I would be surprised if your comment was deleted (or edited) simply because you voiced an opinion in a respectful way....am I wrong uck? By the way, add one letter to the front of your name and you could be ......quacking in a pond, or....

Date: May 12, 2006 21:13

LOL!!

Date: May 12, 2006 21:14

Don't feed the trolls!!

Posted by: Lukester ()
Date: May 12, 2006 21:16

oh I get it....(silence now)

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: May 12, 2006 21:18

bv is cool; when i first got here i had started what turned out to be a longass thread questioning him about some things...he answered back, sometimes with tude, always with logic...a lot of other people posted friendly slams and real feelings of difference on this or that... he let everything stand...
was clear and in control; but let everyone say whatever about anything...
until the thread wore itself out eventually.
so i don't think he's got a bad personal agenda...i think he's open and cares...and also got a great temperment for this kind of thing, which i could never do.

recently a gent who came on a bit aggressive and accusatory and super critical and tons of profanity...specific slams on some here...an oldtimer newly registered... it could have been endlessly distracting and controversial, and needlessly so, really... i noticed it wiped within a relatively short period...
i felt like the site was in really good hands...and directed gently, but staying on course defintely.
he's giving our card of greeting to keith...the guy cares...
and if he's deadass wrong about something...he'll fight with you a little if you try to make sense...he's not the executioner...he's our dad...
and similarly, often has no idea of what he's talking about when it comes to music... ;-)

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: May 12, 2006 21:23

beelybanned?
:-O

Posted by: bv ()
Date: May 12, 2006 21:23

Goodbye uck. It is called a red card in football terms. But you will not be able to play the next game here unfortunately. Just like in normal life and in any game, we have simple rules called respect. You don't show that respect to others so you are not welcome on IORR. Just for the record, these are the posts I have deleted:

Thread no 1:
Re: Who is going to Tim Ries in Barcelona?
Posted by: uck Date: May 8, 2006 20:47
You got that right. C'mon people, get a clue for god's sake.... if tim ries told you to jump off a bridge, you'd probably follow him.....

Thread number 2:
Censorship! new
Posted by: uck
Date: May 11, 2006 23:52
what is this, the soviet union?? you censor out posts that are against Ries' project (a gross scam, in my opinion)?? hey moderator, how much is he paying you? what a joke....

Thread no. 3. See this one above.

But you may post stupid and slightly offending like above and still I am quite patience. The problem starts when you are ignorant. I have told "uck" two times this week by personal e-mail these posts are offending and still I have got no response, except for this above post. That is a true true sign of ignorance.

PS. Just a nice little advice to anyone who are not sure about the IORR rules:

1. If a post is deleted it is because it is offending to others.
2. If a post is deleted and you do not understand why think twice.
3. If a post is deleted please DO NOT post it another time.
4. If a post is deleted then check your e-mail and reply to it.

Bjornulf
IORR Editor

Date: May 12, 2006 21:30

By the way, I have deleted may be 50-60 new "Keith" threads the last few days. If I did not keep IORR in order these days it would have been a total mess. You all know the simple posting policy regarding Keith this time around. If you still wonder why your numerous new Keith threads are deleted then read this once more:

[iorr.org]

Bjornulf

Date: May 12, 2006 22:18

To BV. Just wondering how many times you've met the Stones and seen them live. Also when did you see them for the first time.

Date: May 13, 2006 00:06

uck Wrote:
> Warning to all posters. The moderator of this
> board censors legitimate posts. I don't like Tim
> Ries' project and I post to that effect.
> Everytime I do, of late, my posts are pulled.
> Beware, this moderator has an agenda and does not
> respect free speech.
>
> uck

START YOUR *OWN* BOARD THEN, LADDIE!

"The wonder of Jimi Hendrix was that he could stand up at all he was so pumped full of drugs." Patsy, Patsy Stone

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: May 13, 2006 01:30

LOL Oh I don't know .Some of us guys can get a bit edgy about it as we knock on a bit.
I think that's one of the things about Keith that draws us to him. Keith makes it cool to be older than 25 !

Posted by: nikkibong ()
Date: May 14, 2006 11:40

CindyC Wrote:
> uck Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> Warning to all posters. The moderator of this
> board censors legitimate posts. I don't like
> Tim
> Ries' project and I post to that effect.
> Everytime I do, of late, my posts are pulled.
> Beware, this moderator has an agenda and does
> not
> respect free speech.
>
> uck
>
>
> Yeah, I have to disagree here. I have posted
> many times about things I don't like, and some of
> those things I know are well-liked by most of the
> board and they haven't been deleted.
>
> I didn't read your posts, but I'm thinking perhaps
> he disagreed with your wording? Can you
> objectively say whether it could be construed as
> offensive by someone? Maybe try rewriting and see
> what happens.

I know, I remember that CindyC once posted that she doesn't like Hang Fire. That's a cardinal sin IMCO and the offending post should have been deleted! (just kidding, Cindy, but REALLY, Hang Fire is a classic!)

Posted by: MicksBrain ()
Date: May 14, 2006 11:46

Nikkibong, I see your name as logged in, how was your flight (what airline were you on)? How's Paris you lucky Bong?

Posted by: nikkibong ()
Date: May 14, 2006 11:51

Actually, due to flight screw ups, I'm not there yet. Currently sitting in Heathrow! (British Air bitchiness) The good thing was I got to spend two days in Chicago - although they were spent sleeping on the floor at my ex girlfriend's place!

Leaving for gay Pareee in two hours . . .

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 14, 2006 12:08

"I don't like Tim Ries' project" - uck

Should this post have been censored? I don't think so.
Then again, I don't have the full detaails.
Can anyone give us a hint as to why it happened?

For the record, I didn't like the Tim Ries Projwct myself...am I cenceored also?

Date: May 14, 2006 13:21

It is not a problem to say you don't like a song or a band member. One time in the right context. If it is very important for you. For some reason. But when you repeat this in every post and again and again, like in a post where people actually discuss details about the Tim Ries show etc, then it is called a campaign, i.e. "I hate Time Ries" campaign, and that is against the policy on IORR.

Just as an example: If you don't like Keith Richards. Every time someone post about Keith you would post negative about Keith. Every time. Is that free speach or offensive? On IORR it is called campaigning and it is offensive and against the policy here.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: May 14, 2006 13:43

Bjornulf, I truly believe that most people here agree with you and that they appreciate the job that you are doing. In my opinion you are still too nice to those who constantly post only negative stuff to annoy others. Keep up the good work and don't let them destroy your pleasure for the Stones and this website.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: MicksBrain ()
Date: May 14, 2006 14:49

Nikkibong, You got your lap top hooked up at Heathrow? Yeah, I've had problems with British Airways, a bit "stick up the a**" attitude...Nikkibong, "Dude's Code Book" sez (page 7, rule 21d) "When sleeping at ex-girl friends Apartment/House there's no reason WHAT-SO-EVER to not end up in her bed by the end of the night" What happened? Jet lag or too much Herb ?? (sorry about the time lag - fell asleep)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-05-14 14:52 by MicksBrain.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1515
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home