Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Highlights From Shows You Attended This Tour....
Posted by: RollingStonesUSA ()
Date: May 8, 2006 00:15

For me I saw them 3 times(Charlottesville,Durham,Atlanta06) and I got different setlist at each show, I mean DIFFERENT setlist, but the hightlight for me, is at all the 3shows I got a different closer, Charlottesville-Satisfaction, Durham-It's Only Rock 'N' Roll, Atlanta-Brown Sugar....

"It's Good To Be Here, It's Good To Be Anywhere"-Keith Richards

"Halloween Is Every Night Of My Life"-Keith Richards

"I Got The Sticky Fingers, For Some Girls"

Re: Highlights From Shows You Attended This Tour....
Posted by: nikkibong ()
Date: May 8, 2006 02:04

I'm withholding judgement until I see my two shows this June!

Posted by: drake ()
Date: May 8, 2006 03:33

- Sway, Worried About You and Midnight Rambler in Atlanta
- She's So Cold in Chicago (Soldier Field)
- Sway and Mr. Pitiful in Columbus

Posted by: brewcrew87 ()
Date: May 8, 2006 03:57

i saw 3 shows this tour- fenway 1, columbus, and msg 1/20, but the highlight for me was definetly getting to hear played live for 1st time ever- columbus, and the 2nd time- msg 1/20- it totally blew my mind when i heard it at msg because i thought it was a one shot thing they were just gonna try out i never thought sway would become a semi warhorse

Posted by: 4tylix ()
Date: May 8, 2006 04:11

From Charlottesville

1. Sweet Virginia (and ALTL, TD for an Exile trifecta)

2. An incredible MR, PIB, Sympathy in the pouring rain after the bomb scare

3. A blazing Satisfaction to end the show

From MCI

1. Hearing a few ABB tunes, most especially a Back of My Hand that sizzled and should have stayed in the setlist throughout the tour

From Vegas 1

1. JJF as the opener

2. Rain Fall Down's groove

3. A gorgeous Angie and LOTS of beautiful Vegas ladies!

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: May 8, 2006 04:20

Just seeing them in China was a thrill. The version of Midnight Rambler was amazing...

And how strange we are all worried about Keith's head injury, when during the Shanghai show he narrowly escaped certain death when a stage sand bag fell from the roof and missed his head by inches!!!!!!!!! More than likely it would have broken poor Keith's neck!

Posted by: Buddha66 ()
Date: May 8, 2006 04:43

Night Time in Ottawa...Lisa Fisher absolutly rocked!

Date: May 8, 2006 05:22

I will say that finally hearing Tumbling Dice for the first time in Portland was a near religious experience. It wasn't that the performance itself was anything out of the usual ordinary greatness - it was just that TD is one of my all time fav. songs, and hearing those opening licks nearly brought tears to this jaded cynic's eyes.

Posted by: inopeng ()
Date: May 8, 2006 05:49

One was Night Time with Buddy Guy on guitar and Mick's "BA-BY" falsetto in Milwaukee...

Posted by: Mickjagg65 ()
Date: May 8, 2006 06:42

i've seen them 4 times on this tour, aside from the two amazing shows at msg in january, i am honastly surprised that no one has mentioned eddie vedder rocking with pearl jam in pittsburg before comming out to sing wild horses. straight up amazing

Posted by: inopeng ()
Date: May 8, 2006 06:49

Also, both Mick and Keith during Sympathy in DC...

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: May 8, 2006 07:10

Durham - Sticky Fingers trifecta with Wild Horses, Dead Flowers and Bitch. Also very much enjoyed Night Time, The Worst and Out Of Control.
Philly 1 - live debut of Rain Fall Down, hearing Get Up Stand Up, being front row b-stage, witnessing the rare encore performance of It's Only Satisfaction.
Philly 2 - Midnight Ramler, once again front row b-stage, Paint It Black...

Posted by: john r ()
Date: May 8, 2006 07:27

I caught the 2 opening shows at Fenway, so I had no preconceptions about setlists or anything else. I was deeply impressed, - thrilled - by the Stones' power and authority, and though that's nothing new, it always feels like a surprise somehow. I remembered how Chuck Leavell seemed to dominate the mix at some of the 2002-03 shows, and was quite happy the guitars were to the fore, the keys & horns very much backing support except on features such as Lisa's co-lead on the swinging Ray Charles tribute, the mix dirty & loud (I never want a repeat of one sonically drab outdoor show in '94 when someone I brought yacked in my ear until told to shut up. Wouldn't have been a problem these shows, the music would have drowned him out). For me the highlight was hearing four strong new ones for the very first time - especially the Mick/Keith/Ron guitar team on Back Of My Hand. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo was super tight, & had a great Mick vocal...Also, tho I dreaded too many warhorses, I was surprised yet again to hear many of them played with so much conviction - if "Shattered" & "She's So Cold" seemed on the ramshackle side, JJF, Satisfaction, and Brown Sugar were fabulous and somehow totally fresh. Also, "Out Of Control" was dynamic and thrilling ("Sympathy" felt almost rote by comparison). Six months later, tho disappointed with a set that featured only 3 from ABB and older oldies, there were compensations: around 9 or 10 different songs played, and the band seemed tighter which together with Mick's unparalelled vitality and energy left me giddy and exhausted...JJF opened, fresh (and sweeping 15,000 up on their feet) yet again in the opening slot...A suddenly & unexpectedly powerful Start Me Up late in the show, with a stinging Ron Wood solo, and This Place Is Empty was gorgeous and soulful thanks to Bernard/Lisa/Blondie's b.v. support (brought back the memory of the 'How Can I Stop' rehearsal in 4 Flix). Another highlight: the hard funk of Rain Fall Down - all 3 guitars clear - got a surprisingly strong audience response. I never think Let's Spend the Night Together works very well live (or captures the effervescent Brian Wilson influence of the original production), but once again a killer show, as was the next one days later. I made damned sure I enjoyed those last 2, for who knows when I'll see them again? And after being there 4 times this tour my complaints about setlists seemed put back in perspective...

Date: May 8, 2006 07:39

john r Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
I
> never think Let's Spend the Night Together works
> very well live

Surely you're not referring to the '81 version?

P.S. Nice post.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 8, 2006 08:00

Highlights this tour?

Anaheim
Hollywood Bowl 1 & II
San Diego
San Francisco
LA Forum

They're all highlights, the shows in their entirety...a BIGGER BANG!
It's a great tour, just wish they had some theatre/club shows like the LICKS tour.
It's hard to beat an experience like seeing them in a small venue.
Stockholm Cirkus '03 will always rank near the top of all of them...right next to Vredenburg'03, and Astoria '03.

But the absoluete best has to be the very first time I saw the Stones in LA '81, at the L.A Coliseum. It was pure chaos.

Prayers and wishes to Keith! Get well friend!

Posted by: Steven ()
Date: May 8, 2006 12:48

Duke - Sticky Finger trifecta from On Stage, OOC in the misty rain
ATL1 - LWM, GOMC
Charlotte - ADTL, RT, PIB, Shattered (keef's pic), RJ
Vegas - 4 hours watching stage built and sound check, JJF opener
ATL2 - The entire show, best of the tour
RCMH - free booze, GS, MR, ATGB, overall energy

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1811
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home