Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Transportation for Twickenham
Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: April 28, 2006 03:06

I am not too good at fighting to get on subways. Are there generally taxis available after the show? Is driving an option -- What about parking?

Re: Transportation for Twickenham
Posted by: nikkibong ()
Date: April 28, 2006 11:39

::crickets::

Posted by: andy js ()
Date: April 28, 2006 12:05

the tube will always be the best option. just take your time leaving the gig and let the crowds subside. or even better, take a nice stroll to the next station

i don't know for sure, but i guess parking is a nightmare. and taxi's will probably be few and far between with over 50,000 people in the same situation

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: April 28, 2006 12:08

if you intend to drive into Twickenham, what time, are you expecting to arrive?
Local parking is possible (the council take over the local college carparks, for event days and charge for the privelege)- but you will have to arrive early to bag a spot. (for the sunday show- you would need to be in place by lunchtime)

Posted by: Dannyboy ()
Date: April 28, 2006 12:09

Take my advice on this one..... walk to Richmond (45 minutes), have a late night curry on the way in St Margarets and pick up a late taxi. Last time the only other people in the curry house next to St Margaret's roundabout were Stones Roadies

Posted by: jagger50 ()
Date: April 28, 2006 20:51

I'm getting there on public transport. Returning with a cab. I'll pay the driver the day before the show. That's the normal condition via cab firms.

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: April 28, 2006 20:55

" The thing is, no ones ever played at this Twikenham rugby club before. So, you and I, we're very privalaged to be here apparently. We started off playing at a rugby club right round the corner from here and that was...Richmond Athelitic Grounds, so its not very far really from here, to there, I dunno."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-04-28 20:55 by ryanpow.

Date: April 29, 2006 16:48

That sounds like a major hassle. I may just do the unthinkable -- leave before the encore, and get a 20 minute jump on the rest of you. What the hell, I will just have to miss YCAGWYW/Satisfaction .

Date: April 30, 2006 00:13

drbryant Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> That sounds like a major hassle. I may just do
> the unthinkable -- leave before the encore, and
> get a 20 minute jump on the rest of you. What the
> hell, I will just have to miss
> YCAGWYW/Satisfaction .

Don't panic. I'll give you a piggy back.

Posted by: rknuth ()
Date: April 30, 2006 00:19

The last time Twickenham was a mass. When trains finally arrived in London the tubes were already shutdown and getting a taxi (like hundreds tried as well) was impossible. That's our beloved Sleepy London Town ;-)

Date: April 30, 2006 00:23

The only way to get a taxi home is to pre-book one before you go. Nearby Tesco supermarket is a good pick up point.

Date: April 30, 2006 03:43

Thanks, Jagger 50. That sounds like very good advice.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1837
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home