Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Keith & Heroin
Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: November 1, 2009 02:12

I've always been a little fuzzy on just when Keith got off smack. He seemed at his worst in '76-'77, and he was much more energetic on the '78 tour, so I had assumed he kicked around then, but I read recently that it was not until the mid-late 80s? I also read that he said he had relapsed during the Voodoo Lounge tour. Can anyone here enlighten me? And sorry if this has been covered before.

Re: Keith & Heroin
Posted by: stonesncrowes ()
Date: November 1, 2009 02:19

From what I understand, he didn't fully kick the habit until he met Patti and she gave him a reason to quit so to speak. I think it was the B2B tour that he relapsed...Could be wrong though.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: November 1, 2009 02:34

yep, it was during the B2B tour, not VL, that he reported trying a taste one time -
which is not equivalent to a "relapse".

by all accounts Keith got off junk more than once. he met Patti in december 1979,
and yes she sure has contributed to his staying off it.

Date: November 1, 2009 02:57

I stand corrected: B2B tour is right.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: November 1, 2009 03:25

mrs. tatters, who has herself been clean since 1994, took one look at Keith in 1997 and said "He's using NOW".

Date: November 1, 2009 03:46

Really? What does Mrs. Tatters think about him now?

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: November 1, 2009 03:54

Pure speculation here, but I bet Keith only is relatively addiction-free when he has to go on tour: when he needs a medical pass for insurance and go though multiple borders.

Date: November 1, 2009 04:00

It's quite obvious to me that he partially used alcohol to replace heroin after he kicked.

Re: Keith
Date: November 1, 2009 09:26

he's said he used coke regularly until the cranial surgery ... as if it's any of our business ...

Date: November 1, 2009 14:58

71Tele
Really? What does Mrs. Tatters think about him now?

Yes, really. B2B was her first time seeing the Stones. She said to me "I thought you said Keith quit heroin in 1977", and I said "That is the story we have been told to believe", and she said "That's bull shit. He's using NOW". I thought, "How can she possibly know that?", but from what I later heard about that tour, it appears she was right.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-11-01 15:00 by tatters.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: November 1, 2009 15:14

Hopefully, Keith is not participating in any drug use. Failing a drug test may jeopardize forthcoming tour.

L.O.

Date: November 1, 2009 17:18

>> I later heard about that tour, it appears she was right. <<

well ... if "using right now" means "regularly" or even "more than once",
that's not what any of the sources i'm familiar with have said about that time period.
i guess we can wait for the autobiography, or try the "ask Keith" gizmo on his website.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: November 1, 2009 17:49

"I think it was the B2B tour that he relapsed"

Imho he dabbled in it with the Blues Traveler guy who died in 99
[en.wikipedia.org]

Blues Traveler were openers in 97

Or was it with the Smashing Pumpkins drummer? >grinning smiley<

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-11-01 17:54 by dcba.

Date: November 1, 2009 20:19

with sssoul
>> I later heard about that tour, it appears she was right. <<

well ... if "using right now" means "regularly" or even "more than once",
that's not what any of the sources i'm familiar with have said about that time period.

Of course not. The "Keith only chipped one time" story is the OFFICIAL story. Anyone who knows anything at all about heroin knows that's ridiculous.

Date: November 2, 2009 03:23

Keith never got off smack.

"The wonder of Jimi Hendrix was that he could stand up at all he was so pumped full of drugs." Patsy, Patsy Stone

Date: November 2, 2009 05:39

Menace: Is that just your conjecture or do you have supporting evidence?

Posted by: Jasper76 ()
Date: November 2, 2009 15:37

They dont call it junk for nuthin..i beleive he said that.. but he did say someone came through with a taste in '97 and regretted saying it as he got pulled over a lot more at airports due to this.Im 8 days clean from herion today and i tried picking my telecaster up yesterday afternoon and i could barely play the thing i was/am so weak.I dont beleive he uses anymore and i read interviews with Anita when she was asked about the '97 relapse and she said it was rubbish but who knows for sure, he certainly was a lot thinner on that tour

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: November 2, 2009 15:40

...he should just say No.

Posted by: vudicus ()
Date: November 2, 2009 16:47

Jasper76
They dont call it junk for nuthin..i beleive he said that.. but he did say someone came through with a taste in '97 and regretted saying it as he got pulled over a lot more at airports due to this.Im 8 days clean from herion today and i tried picking my telecaster up yesterday afternoon and i could barely play the thing i was/am so weak.I dont beleive he uses anymore and i read interviews with Anita when she was asked about the '97 relapse and she said it was rubbish but who knows for sure, he certainly was a lot thinner on that tour

8 days clean? That's great to hear Jasper!
Stay strong man, you're on the right road to recovery.
Also, keep at it with the Telecaster, you'll be back to your full ability in no time at all, and music is a great healer.

Posted by: Filip020169 ()
Date: November 2, 2009 17:40

You go ON, Jasper. Get yourself out of that miserable state...
Be tough; hang in there.

All the best,
Filip.

Date: November 2, 2009 17:47

Jasper, you don't know me, but I wish you well on your recovery. Keep at it. That Tele will feel lighter and lighter.

Posted by: HEILOOBAAS ()
Date: November 2, 2009 19:04

71Tele
Menace: Is that just your conjecture or do you have supporting evidence?

Both.

Posted by: Cafaro ()
Date: November 2, 2009 19:15

GREAT WORK JASPER! hang in there . It's a very tough road. Just remember...even if you "taste" again, it doesn;t mean you are a failure. It means you are human. It took me 5-6 tries before I really stopped.

email me if you want to talk

Posted by: Jasper76 ()
Date: November 2, 2009 19:49

Thanks for your support guys it really means a lot to me in these times.Reading spanish tonys book when i was 15 made me want to try herion and of course Keith is my hero.

Posted by: ChefGuevara ()
Date: November 2, 2009 20:38

Keith is doing EPO.
That's why he's beating Lance Armstrong
on the bike...
besides that, just the usual...ganja and drinks.

Date: November 2, 2009 21:49

I remember how disillusioned I was when I read Spanish Tony's "book" when I was a teeenager. I was very naive. The again, if someone took every stupid thing I ever did and put it in a book out of context. it wouldn't look a lot better...

Posted by: Tricky76 ()
Date: November 2, 2009 22:02

Go Jasper go. Good luck man, and get some .008's on that Tele.

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: November 2, 2009 22:52

What is herion?

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: November 2, 2009 23:14

What is herion? ............. One of the Stewards of Gondor

ROCKMAN

Date: November 3, 2009 03:03

Jasper76
Thanks for your support guys it really means a lot to me in these times.Reading spanish tonys book when i was 15 made me want to try herion and of course Keith is my hero.

I had a cousin who idolized Keith and wanted to be just like him. He's dead.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 840
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home