Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

If They(The Stones) Come Back This Fall
Posted by: tat2you ()
Date: April 14, 2006 04:29

they have to change it up...i love the shows the way they are but in all fairness ............

Re: If They(The Stones) Come Back This Fall
Date: April 14, 2006 04:47

I actually e-mailed Leavell after the show in China to voice the concerns over the set list.He actually just replied saying that there will be changes on future leg(s) of the tour.He says that they all are aware that many fans want to hear some different songs but,he also says that we are out-numbered.He went on discussing both sides of the coin & how he personally would like more variety but,has trouble convincing Jagger to try different things.He also stated that he has lobbied Richards for Sleep Tonight and Little T&A without any success,that the Stones want to stick with shows in the 2 hour ballpark even though he thinks longer shows could be a solution,that he had to argue Jagger for Can't You Hear Me Knocking(Jagger told him that he couldn't see it working),that he has been pushing for Sway since '97,that he has suggested announcing a tour as an all rarities tour,and that any future tours could be different.

Posted by: nikkibong ()
Date: April 14, 2006 04:55

is that true? Then I take back every mean word I ever said about Chuck - which means I take back every word I ever said about Chuck.

(except i still think the attire is lame)

Date: April 14, 2006 05:14

Yeah.That's what he says anyway.He didn't address my You Got Me Rocking complaint or the actual set list from the show in China but,he sent a fairly long response.He also says that sometimes they look back to past set lists as far back as 1982 but,I doubt that they often look back past 5 years otherwise,non warhorse songs wouldn't be repeated in given cities like Memory Motel was in Chicago.Also logistics such as which guitars are needed for songs has an impact on the order of the set list + he touched on a bunch of stuff that has been discussed here (what he considers one of the unauthorised sites that they read once in a while) such as the lighting etc.Lastly,he says that they do research on which songs have been played on the radio & how often in different cities.Basically,he offered a boat load of excuses.At least he claims to be a good influence on them.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-04-14 05:19 by Theif in the Night.

Date: April 14, 2006 05:19

well they could at least ...(i am not a complainer) do SFM, UMT,Loving Cup,..etc...etc....

Date: April 14, 2006 05:23

tat2you Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> well they could at least ...(i am not a
> complainer) do SFM, UMT,Loving
> Cup,..etc...etc....

so if you're suggesting other songs, what makes you "not a complainer" ?

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: April 14, 2006 05:25

I would love to see a 2 1/2 hour show. It would be a 20-25 minute acoustic segment right after Keith's segment. It would be a well-paced show, and allow the boys to catch their breath. Loving Cup, Sweet Virginia, Black Angel, Sister Morphine, You Got the Silver, Turd on the Run, etc. etc. etc.

Date: April 14, 2006 05:28

I forgot to mention that he doesn't rule out more ABB songs in the future claiming the reason that they're playing the ones they're playing because of radio airplay.I have my doubts on that.When was the last time the Stones added a track from their current album this far into a tour?Blinded By Love two or three times in '90?

Date: April 14, 2006 05:29

you're a natural born skeptic, thief!

Posted by: MicksBrain ()
Date: April 14, 2006 11:59

Hey Theif, what's his E-mail address? I have a few logical suggestions. Seriously.

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: April 14, 2006 12:05

Common knowledge Chuckie wants to vary the setlist! :0D

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: April 14, 2006 12:25

nikkibong Wrote:
> is that true? Then I take back every mean word I
> ever said about Chuck - which means I take back
> every word I ever said about Chuck.
>

if it wasnt for Chuck's suggestions, youd be getting a 15 song set of warhorses every night!

He's unfairly maligned IMO.

Very interesting post, Thief - thanks for sharing

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: April 14, 2006 12:35

If you read Chuck's tour diary, you'll see that he's always the one who pushes for setlist changes...there is also a video up now on RS.com seeing him discussing the setlist for China with Mick. Isn't it ironic, that with all the bad reviews he got/gets here, he's the only one that makes the shows interesting for us hardcore fans...Well, a rarities tour would be a dream. Btw, Chuck's email is available at his website and usually all emails get answered by either Rose Lane or the Chuckster himself.

Belgrade-Bucharest-Budapest-Brno

Posted by: MicksBrain ()
Date: April 14, 2006 15:38

Thanks for the info Lorenz, I can't believe jagger's so burned out on his own work - the excitement is gone....

Posted by: Hound Dog ()
Date: April 14, 2006 15:55

I tell you what, I would not even consider going to see them again if they came back to the states unless they changed it up a bit. Out of the four shows I saw at the beginning of the tour I saw 24 different songs almost the same set every time, and to top it off it was just about the same songs as last tour when I saw them, give or take a few songs. Thats not excuseable for a band that has written hundreds of great songs. Come on they can do better.

Posted by: fxc1 ()
Date: April 14, 2006 16:16

Why don't they have the balls to do a SomeGirls-type tour? ABB Has 7-8 songs that would go over fantastically live. The more they do those 7-8 songs the faster they will be "adopted" by the audiences(and the more CDs they will sell).

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: April 14, 2006 18:33

comparing the caliber of the SG songs to that of the ABB songs is heresy....

Date: April 14, 2006 18:37

nikkibong Wrote:
> tat2you Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > well they could at least ...(i am not a
> > complainer) do SFM, UMT,Loving
> > Cup,..etc...etc....
>
>
> so if you're suggesting other songs, what makes
> you "not a complainer" ?

Nikki...how many shows you been too???? 39 times since 81....??? i would like to hear a few other great songs....

Posted by: Montrealsuperfan ()
Date: April 14, 2006 18:57

If They(The Stones) Come Back This Fall- I'll be there like everyone else on this board.

Every seems to love to complain about the set list, but we all go to the shows anyways.

See you then........

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: April 14, 2006 19:00

Montrealsuperfan Wrote:
>> Every seems to love to complain about the set
> list, but we all go to the shows anyways.
>
>

yeah - what the @#$%& is it with that?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-04-14 19:00 by StonesTod.

Posted by: Debra ()
Date: April 14, 2006 19:30

Hey Thief, I wrote to Chuck last year and he responded and we have corresponded over the months, not lately though. I just sent him a new email all about how I keep missing SWAY, not even played at Radio City! I did buy his new cd and I love it so I wrote about that so we'll see if he replies this time. I met him in 1999 at the Four Seasons and we had a wonderful visit; he is a sweet man.

Posted by: Some Girl ()
Date: April 14, 2006 19:55

Theif in the Night Wrote:
> I actually e-mailed Leavell after the show in
> China to voice the concerns over the set list.He
> actually just replied saying that there will be
> changes on future leg(s) of the tour.He says that
> they all are aware that many fans want to hear
> some different songs but,he also says that we are
> out-numbered.He went on discussing both sides of
> the coin & how he personally would like more
> variety but,has trouble convincing Jagger to try
> different things.He also stated that he has
> lobbied Richards for Sleep Tonight and Little T&A
> without any success,that the Stones want to stick
> with shows in the 2 hour ballpark even though he
> thinks longer shows could be a solution,that he
> had to argue Jagger for Can't You Hear Me
> Knocking(Jagger told him that he couldn't see it
> working),that he has been pushing for Sway since
> '97,that he has suggested announcing a tour as an
> all rarities tour,and that any future tours could
> be different.

Thanks for sharing this-- nice to see something concrete once in a while.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: April 14, 2006 20:11

I bet they will play a lot of markets skipped the first time around so I predict the set will revolve around their biggest hits they play just about every tour with possibly a few deeper album cuts and some songs of A Bigger Bang. Anyone who doesn't want to see that type of show should just stay home!

Posted by: jumpinjackgreg ()
Date: April 14, 2006 21:57

He seems like a really nice guy. Always smiling and in a good mood in all the behind the scenes footage. He must be a pretty talented guy to be the musical director and keyboardist for the biggest band ever.

Posted by: Reptile ()
Date: April 14, 2006 22:01

How do you e-mail Chuck? I'd like to give that a go.

Date: April 15, 2006 01:09

Check the post on this thread by Lorenz.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2155
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home