Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: FLOOD of DVD/CD releases coming for Christmas - UPDATED !!! Doors Box Delayed
Posted by: HelterSkelter ()
Date: October 29, 2009 20:25

ALOT of new music coming out for the Christmas Shopping Season. Check out all these new releases. Some are special editions that you can only find on Amazon -

11/03:

ROLLING STONES - GIMME SHELTER DVD (Blue Ray with all the extras) , Criterion Collection

ROCK AND ROLL HALL OF FAME 3 DVD Set - Some of the highlights !!!

*** ROCK AND ROLL HALL OF FAME 9 DVD Box Set - Greatly expanded - $119.00 (not available from Amazon - 3 DVD set only from there)
[www.timelife.com] to order Expanded 9 DVD Box Set

NIRVANA - LIVE AT READING CONCERT CD/DVD (8/30/92) - GREAT SOUND/SHOW got it Wednesday

FOO FIGHTER'S - GREATEST HITS (Deluxe CD/DVD) - DVD has a lot more than CD, ALL the video's they EVER made I think, some I have not seen

JOHN FOGERTY LIVE AT THE ROYAL ALBERT HALL DVD, "COMIN' DOWN THE ROAD" - GOT IT, good sound/show

CREEDENCE CLEARWATER REVIVAL - SINGLES COLLECTION (2 CD/1 DVD)

BEE GEES - ULTIMATE (Best Of) - (2 CD/1 DVD)

11/10:

*** DOORS BOX DELAYED ONE WEEK ***
THE DOORS BOX SET, LIVE IN NEW YORK 1970 (MSG/Felt Forum). 4 COMPLETE SHOWS (Varied Set Lists) - 6 CD's !!! This one should be a killer, a few songs appeared on ABSOLUTELY LIVE back in the day, GREAT STUFF !!!

AC/DC, BACKTRACKS BOX SET - 2 CD's/1 DVD

RAY DAVIES, THE KINKS CHORAL COLLECTION - 1 CD

BON JOVI, THE CIRCLE/WHEN WE WERE BEAUTIFUL (CD/DVD) SPECIAL EDITION

11/17:

NEW DATE - THE DOORS BOX SET, 4 Complete Shows, LIVE IN NEW YORK 6 CD's (see above for details) Amazon now has sound samples of almost each song.

PAUL McCARTNEY LIVE - GOOD EVENING NEW YORK CITY !!! (2 CD/1 DVD) His Recent shows in NEW YORK

11/23-24:

TOM PETTY BOX - 4 CD LIVE ANTHOLOGY - Career spanning unreleased LIVE VERSIONS of tons of songs, looks very interesting for us PETTY fans

TOM WAITS - GLITTER AND DOOM LIVE (2 CD)

BLACK CROWES LIVE DVD - 2009. CABIN FEVER. The recent CD goes live DVD plus more....

STING - A WINTER'S NIGHT - LIVE FROM DURHAM HALL DVD - (2009)

12/22:

IT MIGHT GET LOUD - Documentary with Jimmy Page, The Edge, and Jack White hanging out and talking all things guitar. Suppose to be great !!!

Obviously not a complete list so add your own. Any surprises on here (ones you didn't know about)??

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2009-11-06 16:50 by HelterSkelter.

Re: OT: FLOOD of DVD/CD releases starting in November - Here's the list, Some BIG Surprises
Posted by: schillid ()
Date: October 29, 2009 20:32

Using our newest family budget, here's which ones I'll be buying

(1) .... $0
(2) .... $0
(3) .... $0
(4) .... $0
(5) .... $0
(6) .... $0
(7) .... $0
(8) .... $0
(9) .... $0
(10) .... $0
(11) .... $0

Re: OT: FLOOD of DVD/CD releases starting in November - Here's the list, Some BIG Surprises
Date: October 29, 2009 20:35

Schillid, copy the banks and big business and STEAL 'EM !! ")

Posted by: Tate ()
Date: October 30, 2009 00:07

Thanks for the dvd update, Helter. I saw your mention of the IMGL dvd from the other thread, coming out on 12/22. After I saw the film , I told myself that one will be on my shelf when it comes out. I don't buy many dvds, but that one is a must. One of the best rock and roll documentaries ever.

I'm also intrigued by the Tom Waits cd... Apparently there is a portion of just his on-stage banter, which I sampled on his website, and it's hilarious. ...And of course the GYYYO set... lots to be excited about.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: October 30, 2009 00:13

HelterSkelter
PAUL McCARTNEY LIVE - GOOD EVENING NEW YORK CITY !!! (2 CD/1 DVD) His Recent shows in NEW YORK

Here's a teaser:

Posted by: HEILOOBAAS ()
Date: October 30, 2009 00:39

"This Is It" should be out on DVD by Christmas, methinks.

Posted by: bluesinc. ()
Date: October 30, 2009 10:28

...fur us Petty Fans. Well, the tracklist is not that surprising, so when you´re a "real" Fan you´re a bit dissapointed

Date: October 30, 2009 16:07

Just found out there are 2 different versions of the ROCK AND ROLL HALL OF FAME DVD BOX SET - 3 discs at $24 on AMAZON and 9 discs at $100 (I believe) on R n R Hall Of Fame website/Store.... WOW, big difference..... (AND confusing)

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: October 30, 2009 16:49

HelterSkelter
12/22:

IT MIGHT GET LOUD - Documentary with Jimmy Page, The Edge, and Jack White hanging out and talking all things guitar. Suppose to be great !!!

IT MIGHT GET LOUD,but not in Europe ´til 2010 me think...

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: October 30, 2009 16:57

Great idea of Macca's to play the set on a roof. Now I'm sure someone did that absolutely decades ago. Hmmm.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: October 30, 2009 17:00

>> Rock & Roll Hall of Fame DVD box set - 3 discs at $24 on amazon <<
[www.amazon.com]

>> and 9 discs at $100 (I believe) on R n R Hall of Fame website/Store <<
[www.rockhallstore.com] -
but nota bene: their FAQ says: "Unfortunately, we cannot ship outside of the United States or to a P.O. Box."

>> Great idea of Macca's to play the set on a roof <<

always has been a clever one eye rolling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-10-30 17:06 by with sssoul.

Date: November 1, 2009 16:21

Exactly with sssoul, 2 versions and the 9 disc seems like a much better idea but Unbelievable they won't ship outside the USA in "small world" wired 2009 (it's not 1909!) They haven't heard of FedEx? I think DHL quit serving the US or closed down some offices but still, overseas shipping is a no -brainer these days. Should have let Amazon handle both offers (3 and 9 disc sets) - real bad marketing idea's - or lack of.....

Posted by: Nikolai ()
Date: November 1, 2009 18:00

Silver Dagger
Great idea of Macca's to play the set on a roof. Now I'm sure someone did that absolutely decades ago. Hmmm.

Yeah, U2 ...grinning smiley

Posted by: DKsoulman ()
Date: November 1, 2009 18:08

About the McCartney DVD. I will buy it, like I use to. But I will completly angry smiley if they have make as another "concert movie" I hate when they put interview in between music. Nobody with just at little bit of brain would watsch the same question and the same bullshit answers over and over again.

When you buy a MUSIC DVD you will have - well MUSIC. Interview, backstage and so on, it is okay. But as bonus material. Not in between music.

Posted by: Hound Dog ()
Date: November 1, 2009 18:14

Nice list of stuff coming out, also add to that Stephen Stills is coming out with a new live at Sheppard's Bush cd/dvd. And also a new Manassas cd, all unreleased tracks, not new however.

Date: November 1, 2009 18:35

Hound Dog
Nice list of stuff coming out, also add to that Stephen Stills is coming out with a new live at Sheppard's Bush cd/dvd. And also a new Manassas cd, all unreleased tracks, not new however.

Both of those just came out, got them last week. Live at SB has a very good set list - BLUEBIRD, ROCK AND ROLL WOMAN, FOR WHAT IT'S WORTH, 4 + 20, JUDY BLUE EYES, LOVE THE ONE YOU'RE WITH, ISN'T ABOUT TIME, etc....thanks for the reminder Hound Dog

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: November 1, 2009 19:55

Macca's DVD? I thought Paul is dead. Officially Pronounce Dead some 33 years ago. But who cares...

Posted by: trainarollin ()
Date: November 1, 2009 23:04

Hound Dog

Stephen Stills was on the Howard Stern show the other day. Great intervew, but Stephen was VERY out of it and was more interested in noodling on his guitar. That was the best part, you clearly hear what a talented guitarist he is while not even trying.

He refused to talk about a few things so instead he just noodled around. It was the kind of radio segmant where you do not want to get out of the car so you can hear all of it.

Date: November 1, 2009 23:08

How is Howard these days? I was a big fan then when he switched to pay radio that was the end of it. It's weird cause I thought about him today for the first time in maybe a year. Is his show still good?

Posted by: trainarollin ()
Date: November 1, 2009 23:16

HelterSkelter
How is Howard these days? I was a big fan then when he switched to pay radio that was the end of it. It's weird cause I thought about him today for the first time in maybe a year. Is his show still good?

Not bad overall, but I am always on the move so never really get a chance to hear too many complete segments. I can access Sirius on my computer at work, but don;t use it much since it would just be a distraction.

Date: November 1, 2009 23:26

THanks Train, I get some of pay radio on my Directv Pay TV DISH so I just can't see getting all the special equipment and stuff, Life's just too complicated, I did love his show when I was into it, very funny guy that Howard....

Posted by: Tate ()
Date: November 2, 2009 00:28

U2 has a deluxe reissue of Unforgettable Fire coming out Tues in the U.S., complete with bonus disc and dvd. I'm going to have to pick that one up alongside my copy of GYYYO. Big day, Tuesday.

Posted by: sdstonesguy ()
Date: November 2, 2009 02:03

ironbelly
Macca's DVD? I thought Paul is dead. Officially Pronounce Dead some 33 years ago. But who cares...

When was he alive?

Posted by: Doctor Dear! ()
Date: November 2, 2009 02:11

James Brown 'Live At The Garden' (1967) just came out!!
great 2 cd set

Re: OT: FLOOD of DVD/CD releases starting in November - UPDATED !!! DOORS BOX SET Delayed
Date: November 6, 2009 00:44

DOORS BOX CD SET DELAYED 1 WEEK !!!

Re: OT: FLOOD of DVD/CD releases starting in November - UPDATED !!! Doors Box Set Delayed
Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: November 6, 2009 01:21

At the moment according to amazon.uk "The Doors - Live In New York" release date is Nov. 9th,
in Germany Nov. 13th.

Re: OT: FLOOD of DVD/CD releases starting in November - UPDATED !!! Doors Box Set Delayed
Date: November 6, 2009 07:02

i'll be getting the doors boxset (or trying if i can find it for about $65 or so) and the ac/dc boxset for sure.

i got the 2 stephen stills related releases and love them both. question to the people who bought the live album. right before the encore of "love the one you're with" is that robert plant in the audience?

Date: November 6, 2009 16:42

keefriffhard4life
i got the 2 stephen stills related releases and love them both. question to the people who bought the live album. right before the encore of "love the one you're with" is that robert plant in the audience?

Yeah, That's Robert Plant, he's a big Stills fan. I have an Italian DVD Bootleg where he does a beautiful version of BLUEBIRD on Italian TV and of course he has been singing FOR WHAT IT'S WORTH with ZEPPELIN since the very early 70's. Would have been nice if Plant had joined Stills on stage for those 2 songs......

Date: November 6, 2009 18:10

thanks. sometimes its hard to tell with such a quick glimpse. plus plant has aged a lot in the last few years. during bluebird whats special about that guitar? did hendrix give it to stills? he makes a comment about the guitar

Re: OT: FLOOD of DVD/CD releases coming for Christmas - UPDATED !!! Doors Box Delayed
Posted by: DrPete ()
Date: November 6, 2009 18:33

The McCartney cd/dvd comes in a delux edition from his website that has the bonus dvd of the Letterman performances

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1530
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home