Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT Rod hints at Faces reunion
Posted by: yorkshirestone ()
Date: October 29, 2009 14:27

Re: OT Rod hints at Faces reunion
Posted by: Beast ()
Date: October 29, 2009 14:29

Mick Hucknall must've got him worried....

Posted by: Crackinup ()
Date: October 29, 2009 17:09

Rod always hints at a Faces reunion when he's trying to sell records and tickets. Doesn't he have a new release coming out soon?

Don't believe anyone but Mac when it comes to this kind of talk.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: October 29, 2009 20:43

What about the Stones tour? It would have to be a short Faces tour and yes I think Mick Hucknall did get Rod worried because he did a good job.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: CBII ()
Date: October 29, 2009 21:00

Crackinup
Rod always hints at a Faces reunion when he's trying to sell records and tickets. Doesn't he have a new release coming out soon?

Don't believe anyone but Mac when it comes to this kind of talk.

Yes, he's hawking a Motown cover's release. He was on one of the morning news shows this week doing a live performance. Great music but it's like he's trying to find himself musically or he just has a very keen eye on the music business and the demographic he's targeting. His last release were a bunch of ballad's (Standards as my mom would call them) and it did really well using the same formula.

It would be nice to have a FACES tour and music release with the living / able members!

CBII

Posted by: filstan ()
Date: October 30, 2009 05:18

Please, if he really cared at all he would have been in London for the gig the other night. Stewart lost all credibility with me decades ago. Nothing has changed with him. It's become such trouble with "previous obligations" for him to get back with the guys who helped put him on the map, and launched his big money making career. As much as I love his Mercury recordings, and of course the wonderful Faces albums, he has turned into loathsome self serving money grubber. Clearly a Faces reunion tour would be fun for both the fans and the band(except for Rod who could give a sh*&) The nice thing is, guys like Mac and Kenney could use the extra cash, and a Faces tour would help big time. You would think Rod would have a soft spot in his heart for those boys, but nooooooo. Money, just money means more to him than his old mates who brought him to the dance. One would think that Ronnie could talk some sense into him.

Date: October 30, 2009 05:58

I have lost all respect for Rod the person.. he's a douche.

Posted by: loveyoulive75 ()
Date: October 30, 2009 10:52

F-ck Rod The Mod and all his incarnations...IMO the dude's an embarassment to popular music these days. Cover albums custom made for the Blue-haired Brigade. His music lost whatever edge it had when he split from the Faces.

It's too bad that he more or less was the Faces for most people...if it wasn't for the fact that without him the tour would probably be a total flop, I'd say they should just do it without him! Hucknall did alright on the night; if not, I'm sure Woody and Mac could divvy up the singing between them, if push came to shove...do a theatre tour for the real diehard Faces fans!

Posted by: mr edward ()
Date: October 30, 2009 12:26

I'd prefer Mick Hucknall after seeing Stay With Me from the London gig!

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: October 30, 2009 12:54

Still wondering how many of these instant bashers who actually saw & heard Rod live recently?

Posted by: filstan ()
Date: October 30, 2009 13:36

Baboon Bro
Still wondering how many of these instant bashers who actually saw & heard Rod live recently?

I am not a instant basher of Rod Stewart. I think I have the right to state my opinion about the direction of his music just as you do. As as a huge Faces fan since the band first toured I feel Rod's musical direction runs counter to what made him famous early on. Even late in The Faces days he had become a ego maniac putz. Rod's me,me,me attitude was one of the main reasons why Ronnie Lane left.

I have chosen to stay away from his gigs and don't buy his albums. I have no interest based on how I feel about his recent solo catalog, which for me is lame. However, when The Faces were in town years ago I went to as many shows as I could, because I loved that band. Their music stands up to this day while Rods' ballads quite simply don't work for me.

I would be happy to pony up some cash to go see a Faces tour with or without Rod. Of course it would be better with him than without, but clearly he doesn't appear to care, and is more concerned about other things.

Posted by: Gangster-of-love ()
Date: October 30, 2009 14:21

How it was said before: Rod's person changed a lot over the years - unfortunately thumbs down

Let's hope for the rest of the guys, that he'll do the reunion job, 'cause Kenney and Mac -this two wonderful guys- need a reunion more than our Ronnie and Rod.

Let's hope the best

Keep on rollin'
Gangster

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: October 30, 2009 14:52

Gangster-of-love
How it was said before: Rod's person changed a lot over the years - unfortunately thumbs down

Let's hope for the rest of the guys, that he'll do the reunion job, 'cause Kenney and Mac -this two wonderful guys- need a reunion more than our Ronnie and Rod.

Let's hope the best

yeah I'd sure like to hear the 4 Faces-Kenny, Mac, Ronnie and Rod again. Rod Stewart could make himself dangerous again, if he decided to do a bunch of Faces shows.

Posted by: 1cdog ()
Date: October 30, 2009 15:21

IMO the direction of Rod's music for a long time has been abysmal.

I would much rather see or hear Ronnie, Kenny, Mac and Mick Hucknall.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: October 30, 2009 15:30

League Office has determined latest effort a marketing scam with no real purpose or direction.

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: October 30, 2009 15:33

Saw him last year - it was really really good!!

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: October 30, 2009 15:36

Hey, I totally agree that Rod has blown it.

He hints at a Faces reunion, well there was one, and he didn't attend. Stop talking shit and keep singing songs that my mom thinks are special.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: October 30, 2009 15:50

Doctor Baboon is correct with assessment of concerts. As previously stated in many threads - Conditions are favorable for an intimate date. Rod Stewart is very enjoyable in concert and following - intimacy is certain. In other words this the right type of performance to engage a date. Fun!

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: October 30, 2009 16:27

Rod would be good if he decided to get back into rocking instead of these great american songbook crap albums he's been doing. If I want to hear Rod getting soulful I'll put on Every Picture Tells a Story when he did it without even trying.

Posted by: Carnaby ()
Date: October 30, 2009 17:14

Stewart either suffered a stroke in the Spring of 1975, or, since that time, it hasn't been the real Rod Stewart, but rather an imposter. Nearly impossible to believe this is one and the same person. I mean, he was soooo good. Now what do we have? Human garbage.

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: October 30, 2009 17:21

>>Human garbage<<

thats a little harsh don't you think...that description is more accurate for Bernie Madoff and his crowd

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: October 30, 2009 17:35

Any reason at all to take something like this seriously?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1407
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home