Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Sleeping in the street
Posted by: barking paul ()
Date: March 22, 2006 12:28

The comments about waiting in line overnight to buy tickets in person for the ticket office to open was pretty common in my early days of concert going.

The first concert I ever went to was The Moody Blues,at the Gaumont in Southampton in 1969....what on earth was I thinking?

The hard pavement was certainly not covered in white satin!

Re: Sleeping in the street
Posted by: rooster ()
Date: March 22, 2006 12:33

Yes,and so much fun!!!

Posted by: Duane in Houston ()
Date: March 22, 2006 18:42

Sleeping "in the streets" builds character. I'm sure you're a better (and smarter!) man for it. That's how we learn. Hell... sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do..... what doesn't kill you makes you stronger etc.

Give war a chance.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 22, 2006 18:46

I have been sleeping in the streets for Stones shows many times and it is just great to spend the night with fellow Stones fans. London for Brixton and Shepherds Bush. Toronto for the Phoenix. Oslo for Gothenburg shows. And I will do it again. For sure.

Bjornulf

Posted by: rooster ()
Date: March 22, 2006 18:52

Indeed.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 22, 2006 23:23

Yes, it's the ultimate Stones experience. Sleeping outside the venue to get in. Have done this several times, too, first time 1976 in front of stadium in Stuttgart. last time (so far) outside Cirkus Stockholm. Would do it again if they played club gigs somewhere.

Posted by: Bingo ()
Date: March 23, 2006 01:47

Kids have it easy today. LOL

Posted by: gut ()
Date: March 23, 2006 05:25

Hey, sleeping in the lobby or street to get a decent-priced ticket beats getting raped over the phone by Ticketmaster ANY DAY!!!

#......Go ahead....Bite the Big Apple....Don't mind the Maggots.....Uh Huh...#

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: March 23, 2006 14:31

My first time was December last year. It was GREAT fun. Very cool stuff. And many fans as well (Although none from IORR sad smiley)

JumpingKentFlash

Date: March 23, 2006 14:54

Oslo for Valle Hovin 1990. What a gas! Great party - fun! smiling smiley

Posted by: DaveG ()
Date: March 23, 2006 17:12

I "slept" in line at the LA Forum in 1969 to get tickets for the Stones' show. I was 6th in line, but we never slept, just partied and talked all night. When the ticket booth opened the next morning the line was all the way around the Forum and more. I bought 16 tickets!!

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: March 23, 2006 17:35

Slept in line for birmingham odeon 73 and also london marathon around 85 must have been mad regarding the marathon!

Posted by: stein ()
Date: March 23, 2006 17:43

DandelionPowderman Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Oslo for Valle Hovin 1990. What a gas! Great party
> - fun!

I was in the same line that last night, outside Arkaden.

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: March 23, 2006 20:53

although i've gotten in line at 6am for club shows, the only sleeping i did on the street was outside the paris olympia. flattened cardboard boxes were my mattress. later that afternoon i left the line for an hour or two and slept in the garden of the rodin museum. i hadn't slept enough the night before because i was socially obligated to go to a club and just got 2 hours of sleep. in line for the aragon show, i was actually able to go home in the afternoon, take a quick nap and shower, and come back in line 2 hours later completely refreshed.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1661
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home