Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: green tobasco
Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: March 16, 2006 12:44

The Green Tobasco Sauce is hella good.

Re: OT: green tobasco
Posted by: Potted Shrimp ()
Date: March 16, 2006 12:46

It rocks hard

Posted by: andy js ()
Date: March 16, 2006 12:50

i can't find any

yawning smiley(

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: March 16, 2006 14:26

All tabasco rocks. Did you know it is a private family company in Louisiana that makes all of it?

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: March 16, 2006 14:44

No kiddin'?

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: March 16, 2006 15:17

Habenaro is better. Chipolte is good too though, not as hot but great flavor.

Posted by: JuanTCB ()
Date: March 16, 2006 15:41

You can't beat the original red, though!

My hangover cure: pour a few drops of tabasco on the back of your hand, lick it off, and chase it with a gulp of really strong black coffee. Repeat that 2 or 3 times and you're good to go.

Didn't Keith named one of his dogs Tabasco?

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: March 16, 2006 16:12

Great on raw oysters. Green or red (the sauce, not the oysters). My cajun friends seem to prefer the green.

Posted by: Duane in Houston ()
Date: March 16, 2006 17:24

I respectfully dissagree. Green is only good for achange of pace. Macillhenny's (excuse the miss-spelling) make an alternnative red (darker) that is the BOMB. I can't recall the exact name of it now (too early in the morning) but maybe someone can remember.

Posted by: rocks off ()
Date: March 16, 2006 20:07

Does green tabasco work as well as red...as described by Gil in Curb Your Enthusiasm?

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: March 16, 2006 21:10

andy js Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> >
> i can't find any
>
> (
>
>

Sadly, the green tabasco seems only to be found in the US and in some european wallmarts.
Never found any in France for instance. It's one of those things I bring back each time I go to the States

Date: March 16, 2006 21:36

[www.tabasco.com] Pretty cool

Date: March 16, 2006 22:15

Doc Wrote:
> andy js Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > >
> > i can't find any
> >
> > (
> >
> >
>
>
> Sadly, the green tabasco seems only to be found in
> the US and in some european wallmarts.
> Never found any in France for instance. It's one
> of those things I bring back each time I go to the
> States

Are you using "Wall Mart" as a generic term for market, like one would use "Coke" to refer to any kind of soda? I've never stepped inside of a Walmart and never plan to. i'v found green tobasco at other places, resuraunts, the corner store, any grocery store.

Date: March 17, 2006 12:15

I got inspired by this thread. I bought a chef boy-ar-dee microwave ravioli, and a bottle of tabasco. I just poured it on, and it was great. Only problem is now I have a stomach ache.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 17, 2006 15:13

Get a lil bit on ya fingers ...then wipe ya eyes...AHHH that'll spin ya...AAAHHHH

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Manhattan ()
Date: March 17, 2006 16:11

Whoa, Whoa!!! Hey there!!! Go real easy on Walmart, will ya. I picked up my Stones tix for Hollywood Bowl there and also a couple of six-packs of beer. I'd be flat broke if there was no Walmart close to my pad.

Date: March 18, 2006 09:34

drbryant Wrote:
> I got inspired by this thread. I bought a chef
> boy-ar-dee microwave ravioli, and a bottle of
> tabasco. I just poured it on, and it was great.
> Only problem is now I have a stomach ache.

woah, thats so cool. some semi-coherent ramblings I came up with a 2 30 am isnpired somone's meal. sorry about the stomach ache.

Manhattan, yeah I hear you about walmart. bashing wal mart has gotten old. but the point remians that Walmart is not the only place to get green tobasco. that's absurd!

Date: March 18, 2006 09:54

Oh I see what he said the us and Some european wallmart... yeah. im an A-hole. it helps when you acutually read what people say before responding. oh well.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-03-18 09:56 by ryanpow.

Posted by: gut ()
Date: March 18, 2006 17:50

There's only one Tabasco for me....don't be fooled into thinking of it as a generic term. It might be the name of the pepper, but the only place to get it is from Avery Island, Louisiana. They have thousands of wooden barrels of the stuff that fizzes and oozes for years before they acrtually bottle it.

I wouldn't reccomend visiting the plant...kinda boring and they try to sell you crappy souvineers.

My favorite is Smoke Chipolte Tabasco....adds kick to any BBQ.

Posted by: rovalle ()
Date: March 18, 2006 18:05

Rockman Wrote:
> Get a lil bit on ya fingers ...then wipe ya
> eyes...AHHH that'll spin ya...AAAHHHH
>
> ROCKMAN

do the same when you pee

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: March 18, 2006 18:49

I wonder if they have a hurricane tobasco evacuation procedure to keep the Vats of this stuff safe? No joke. I was looking at the Red Bottle and they store the stuff for 4 years.

Only here would this subject come up. I didn't even think to ask until now......FM

Posted by: Toru A ()
Date: March 20, 2006 04:24

Try this.

The Cheech Smokin' Chipolte
mashes jalapeno, cayenne, tabasco and the fiery habanero (the hottest chile in the world) peppers together to age, then adds sweet molasses, sugar cane vinegar and a splash of rum to create a robust sauce that's SMOKIN' HOT & full-bodied with zesty flavor - treat like a fine wine - the older it gets the better it tastes. Great with fish-n-fowl, beef, pork, soups, dips and Mexican-style cooking. The Cheech Smokin' Chipotle Sauce is "Waatsappenin."

INGREDIENTS: Carrots, Onions, Jalapeno Peppers, Red Tabasco Peppers, Cayenne Peppers, Habanero Peppers, Molasses, Cane Vinegar, Lime Juice, Papaya, Glucose, Passion Fruit Juice, Garlic, Salt, Citric Acid, Starch, Sweet Basil, Natural Smoke Flavor & Rum.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1372
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home