Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

BRAIN TWISTER - NEW STONES QUIZ - WOW
Posted by: MicksBrain ()
Date: March 17, 2006 08:53

#1 Name the street / streets the Stones flatbed truck drove down - with the band playing - to announce the 1975 tour. Where did the "Flatbed Truck idea" come from?
What Song did they play on the truck? What hotel was the press waiting in?

#2 Where did the band rehearse for the '75 tour? (and who owned the place)

#3 What 2 new songs were dropped from the set list after the first few shows in '75

#4 To promote the '75 tour Mick appeared on an American nighttime TV program two weeks in a row. What famous TV guy interviewed him both weeks? Who else from the Stones camp was interviewed? They showed 2 songs being played at the sound check, what songs were they? They showed 2 songs live from the tour, what were they? What city/state was all the concert footage shot in?

#5 Before "Love You Live" ended up being the live album from the 75 / 76 tour they had plans to release an earlier one from '75. What city and show were they thinking of?

BONUS POINTS: Mick Quotes from on Stage Talk. What year and show/what city? "Welcome to a Chinese Restaurant", "I think I'm gonna take a sh*t now", "Here's one Rod Stewert taught me many years ago when I was still in kindergarten...I've forgotten the words but Keith will help me out"....

BONUS BONUS POINTS: Describe the great promo piece that was in record stores when Sticky Fingers was released. When IORR was released. Black and Blue? How much are these pieces worth today - more or less - (in US Dollars)?

Re: BRAIN TWISTER - NEW STONES QUIZ - WOW
Posted by: Doc ()
Date: March 17, 2006 10:00

1. Idea taken from jazz bands in New Orleans. 5th Ave
Brown Sugar. 5th Avenue Hotel

2. Montauk in Andy Warhol's place

4. Goodnight Ameica . Geraldo Riviera. Bianca. Showed Brown Sugar from Baton Rouge

Bonus Bonus : A photo of the stones without trouvsers holding a record. Keith is showinh his back. For B&B it was the bondage girl. They are worth what you are willing to pay for them

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: March 17, 2006 10:06

MicksBrain Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> #3 What 2 new songs were dropped from the set list after the first few shows in '75

Rocks Off and Dance Little Sister.

Date: March 17, 2006 11:35

OK, DOC did pretty good so far.#1 Correct (not 100% sure about the hotel but I'll go with it) #2 Correct - thought that one was gonna be a super tough one) #4 First half all correct. Second half was Honky Tonk / All Down the Line Both sound check and opening night since those were the first 2 songs on the '75 Set List.And erikjjk got it half correct. It was "Luxury" and "Dance Little Sister". Bonus Question: I think the big one for SF was a lifesize 3D cardboard stand up with just Jagger - without trousers - holding the Sticky Fingers album in front of his crotch. BaB was the bondage chick in lifesize 3D Cut out / Stand up.That leaves a few. Let me add a couple.Don't forget the unanswered above stuff...

#6 Who publicly flipped out over the lyrics to "Some Girls"?

#7 Who designed the cover for LOVE YOU LIVE?

#8 Who shot the cover for EXILE? What's the name of his very famous book? What else did he do with the Stones?

#9 What film did Mick have to pull out of - after already doing some work on it - because it was delayed and the "81 Tour was already planned? Name the Director. Where was it shot?

#10 On Sat Night Live the Stones did "Beast", Respectable",and "Shattered". What was the 4th song they rehearsed and played around with? What song was surprisingly missing? Why was Jaggers so voice efted up?

Date: March 17, 2006 11:45

MicksBrain Wrote:
> And erikjjk got it half correct. It was "Luxury" and "Dance Little Sister".

Luxury was played at the first 13 shows of the tour.
Rocks Off and Dance Little Sister were both played at the first show in Baton Rogue only.

Posted by: mr edward ()
Date: March 17, 2006 11:51

My God, Erik, did you fabricate some setlist encyclopedia in recent years, use Rocks Off, or what? I mean, you're always very quick with answering that sort of questions!

BTW: the LYL cover was designed by Warhal, but the dark lines on it were added later by a bored Mick Jagger. Warhol hated them. Don't know any of answers to the other questions by heart...

Date: March 17, 2006 11:55

mr edward Wrote:
> My God, Erik, did you fabricate some setlist encyclopedia in recent years, use Rocks Off, or what? I mean, you're always very quick with answering that sort of questions!

Gazza's setlist bible smiling smiley

Posted by: country honk ()
Date: March 17, 2006 11:57

# 7 - Andy Warhol
# 8 - Robert Frank, The Americans, @#$%& blues - is there a copy of the film somwhere?

Date: March 17, 2006 12:02

<#3 What 2 new songs were dropped from the set list after the first few shows in '75>

With the phrasing "the first few shows" in mind - Sure The One You Need must also be correct here???

Date: March 17, 2006 12:19

Rocks Off? That's weird cause I have the Boot to the Baton Rouge show (double Vinyl) and I don't remember RO on there. If you guys say so (maybe they left it off) the quality on there is pretty bad anyway so it's not like I listened to it a million times. Yeah , I knew either Luxury or DLS was played for awhile before it was dropped, wasn't sure which. So that one passes, my mistake.

Country Honk, Very good on all of those. I have a pretty good CB's on video but I hear the DVD is great. There's a website if you Yahoo/Google ROLLING STONES CONCERT DVD or something like that. I can't remember the name but the guy sells all the top stuff - Ladies and Gentlemen, Paris 76, 75 Forum, @#$%& Blues, etc.

mr edward, whoa, didn't know about the lines on LYL. gonna have to check that out now - take a new look at the cover. I can see how Warhol would be pissed if Mick F*ed with his artwork, look how pissed McCartney's always been about the strings on "Long and Winding Road". Artists man, touchy..but with a point I think....

On with the quiz....

Date: March 17, 2006 16:32

Someone around here can get all these....

Date: March 17, 2006 16:44

I must reverse myself on the "Rocks Off" pass because the question says "2 new songs" and "Rocks Off" wasn't a new song in 1975 either album wise or concert wise since it was a solid part of the set list in 1972. "Sure the One You Need" was played how many times? And when did Woody's album come out? Before or after IORR?

Posted by: Reptile ()
Date: March 17, 2006 16:54

Funny.. all your questions are about the 70's. A little variety would be nice!

Date: March 17, 2006 17:02

"Sure the One You Need" is on I've got my own album to do - released in sept. 1974 - IORR was in October 1974

Posted by: scaffer ()
Date: March 17, 2006 17:07

#6: Jesse Jackson.

Posted by: KSIE ()
Date: March 17, 2006 17:13

MicksBrain Wrote:
>
> #9 What film did Mick have to pull out of - after
> already doing some work on it - because it was
> delayed and the "81 Tour was already planned? Name
> the Director. Where was it shot?

Fitzcarraldo, Werner Herzog, South America.

Klaus Kinski was much better than Mick probably would have been. In Herzog's documentary about Kinski, he shows a scene in the church belltower with both Klaus and Mick playing it. No comparison.

A great movie, as were almost anything Herzog-Kinski. Check-out Aguirre Wrath of God sometime.

Date: March 17, 2006 17:31

Yeah, I love Herzog, what a madman...I saw that documentary, what was it called? Oh, "Burden of Dreams" I think. Yeah, Jagger's scene was a bit over acted. He was best in "Performance" IMO. Kinski and Herzog were like Scorcese / De Niro - a great team.

Posted by: KSIE ()
Date: March 17, 2006 17:34

MicksBrain Wrote:
> Yeah, I love Herzog, what a madman...I saw that
> documentary, what was it called? Oh, "Burden of
> Dreams" I think. Yeah, Jagger's scene was a bit
> over acted. He was best in "Performance" IMO.
> Kinski and Herzog were like Scorcese / De Niro - a
> great team.

Yeah, agree with that. The doc I was talking about though was "My Best Fiend" (not a mis-spell) that Herzog made about Kinski. Great stuff!

Karl

Date: March 17, 2006 17:38

Documentary caled: Mein liebster Feind - My Best Fiend from 1999

Posted by: Reptile ()
Date: March 17, 2006 17:41

I have to admit: you guys know a hell of allot about the Stones!

Date: March 17, 2006 17:45

Oh, I gotta find that - thanx. I just love to hear Herzog talk, he;s so full of passion.

OK , Reptile, Name Jagger's Complete set list at LIVE AID in '85. Hmmm, one more, Put together a long lost Stones album by all the stray (not boot) officially released songs out there that are not on any STONES album. Only from Late 80's on....

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: March 17, 2006 17:57

I know all the answers, man
O weoh

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: March 17, 2006 18:25

#6 Who publicly flipped out over the lyrics to "Some Girls"?

jesse jackson

#7 Who designed the cover for LOVE YOU LIVE?

Warhol

#8 Who shot the cover for EXILE? What's the name of his very famous book? What else did he do with the Stones?

Robert Frank. "The Americans". "@#$%& Blues"

#9 What film did Mick have to pull out of - after already doing some work on it - because it was delayed and the "81 Tour was already planned? Name the Director. Where was it shot?

already answered

#10 On Sat Night Live the Stones did "Beast", Respectable",and "Shattered". What was the 4th song they rehearsed and played around with? What song was surprisingly missing? Why was Jaggers so voice efted up?

the only other Stones song that was rehearsed (along with a few covers) was the at the time unreleased "Summer romance". Jagger had laryngitis

Date: March 17, 2006 21:27

Gazza, always on the ball !! Right , "Summer Romance" and the missing song (since it was the biggest hit off the album) was "Miss You". What I heard about Jaggers voice from a friend that was a pure fanatic (and had all these inside connections) at the time was that Belushi so pushed the band to party and jam as much as possible that Jagger blew his voice out - didn't take it easy the way he usually would.Laryngitis, that's true but I was thinking reason more so (but I probably wasn't clear). A few were looked over, let me check.....

Date: March 17, 2006 21:47

Ok, The ones that were missed. Before "Love You Live" the Stones were gonna release the Last Forum show from the 5 night stand in July (was it?) 1975.The First show at the Forum had the "Chinese Restaurant" Quote and the last one had "Take a sh*t now" quote because Keith was taking forever to tune his guitar(The "Heartbreaker"/"IORR" spot). Jagger called Ronnie and Keith "The dynamic duo tune up team" when he did the intro's which was a song early cause he was so impatient. The "Rod Stewart" quote is from New Jersey, 1978" right before they played "Sweet Little Sixteen". The great promo item from IORR was a 3D pop out of a drawing of Jagger (same guy who did the album cover - "Rock Dreams" guy) on his knees in his Sailor outfit sticking a pen in his heart. It was great, I had one from my local record store. Then I sold it and I'm sure I got ripped. This was a long time ago. Must be worth tons now since it's very rare and great looking.

Reptile, I had a little mini one regarding the 80's. did you see it?

Posted by: ohcarol ()
Date: March 18, 2006 03:01

Get a life...

Date: March 18, 2006 08:38

ohcarol, GOOD NEWS !!! Just returned from the hospital and the doctor checked out my heart (it's BEATING !!!), checked out my lungs (working, breathing, all that stuff), and had an EEG AND, check this out, My brain waves are flashing like they did when I was young (AND they did not come down crashing, seeing all the things I've done...) SO , I said, "But Doc, PLEASE tell me, do I have a LIFE" and he turned to me and said ,"Yes MB, you're hearts beating, your lungs are breathing, your brain waves are flashing, YOU GOTTA LIFE MY MAN !!! So ohcarol, I gotta life, it's official. Now that I did that what do you want me to do next? Eat, Wank, or Fart? You just tell me and I'll do it....party on ohcarol my brainiac friend......
(lyrics from "2000 Man" on "Satanic Majesties" - check it !!)

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: March 18, 2006 11:10

ohcarol Wrote:
> Get a life...

From you?

Date: March 18, 2006 19:18

Oh yeah Erik, ohcarol's really happening....

Posted by: jagger50 ()
Date: March 18, 2006 22:09

Nice qiuz Mick. Keep it rockin'.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 919
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home