Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

CS Blues screenings, Toronto
Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: October 27, 2009 00:18

CS Blues is being screened for the next 6 Tuesday nights, Oct 27 to Nov 30 at Cineforum, 463 Bathurst St, 7 pm.

[www.cineforum.ca]

Re: CS Blues screenings, Toronto
Posted by: HEILOOBAAS ()
Date: October 27, 2009 00:28

This is killing me!

Posted by: Floorbird ()
Date: October 27, 2009 00:28

Thanks for the info, I'll try to get to one; saw it once years ago with Robert Frank the director introducing it {some sort of clause at the time that he had to be at the screening for it to be shown}.

Posted by: luke ()
Date: October 27, 2009 02:58

will it be shown n a big screen?

Date: October 27, 2009 05:27

Never been there, I think it's a pretty small venue.

Posted by: gripweed ()
Date: October 27, 2009 05:41

CS Blues has some AMAZING Footage for sure, it has been booted in pretty descent
Quality the past few years, the Stones captured LIVE on the 1972 STP Tour of America

-Gripweed

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: October 27, 2009 05:51

You will definitely enjoy it on the big screen, STG - I saw it last weekend at the Metropolitan Museum. Have a good look around you - it is said to be a condition of any public screening that Robert Frank must be present.

Posted by: coffeepotman ()
Date: October 27, 2009 06:27

It was great at the Met. Big screen and clear picture.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: October 27, 2009 07:33

Wow, you guys are lucky to see this film on the big screen. Wonder if it will be shown in Europe? Did it get advertisement or was it word of mouth between fans?

Date: October 27, 2009 13:09

Beast
Have a good look around you - it is said to be a condition of any public screening that Robert Frank must be present.

Interesting - how are they arranging this for 6 Tuesdays in a row?

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: October 27, 2009 14:46

Cardboard cutout as a fill in?!

Date: October 27, 2009 15:17

Beast
You will definitely enjoy it on the big screen, STG - I saw it last weekend at the Metropolitan Museum. Have a good look around you - it is said to be a condition of any public screening that Robert Frank must be present.

That is correct, Beast and in fact originally the screenings were limited to no more than 5 in any one year. I managed to see it at the Tate Modern here in London back in November 2004 and, as you say, it is well worth viewing in a cinema setting. I remember the sound was GREAT too!

Posted by: HEILOOBAAS ()
Date: October 27, 2009 17:56

Is there any footage that to boot versions don't have?

Date: October 28, 2009 04:15

SOME TORONTO GIRL- (or anyone else) let us know if you saw it tonight, and whether Robert Frank attended. I plan to go next Tuesday.

Date: October 28, 2009 14:50

Well, it could have been like Beast's lavish screening at The Met... but it wasn't. Not remotely. The Theatre is the reclaimed front rooms of a row house, holding 16 recycled office chairs (tilt AND swivel!) and the screen was big. For a dining room. At least 8' x 10'. Lined with bookshelves and posters, all it needed was a bowl of Kraft Dinner and a joint to take me back to university days. The two guys who live upstairs have a nice dog, and they were cooking something that smelled nice in the kitchen. Oh - there's a beer store across the street if you want a drink.

The movie? Excuse me - film. Sound was dreadful. Almost unintelligible.

Was Robert Frank there? Hahahahahahahahahahaha! (No.) My copy of Exile remains un-autographed.

Trippy. Very.

Question: the credits list the two naked ladies as Cynthia Smith and Cynthia Jones. Was wondering - is one of them Cynthia Plastercaster?

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: October 28, 2009 18:15

SomeTorontoGirl
Well, it could have been like Beast's lavish screening at The Met... but it wasn't. Not remotely. The Theatre is the reclaimed front rooms of a row house, holding 16 recycled office chairs (tilt AND swivel!) and the screen was big. For a dining room. At least 8' x 10'. Lined with bookshelves and posters, all it needed was a bowl of Kraft Dinner and a joint to take me back to university days. The two guys who live upstairs have a nice dog, and they were cooking something that smelled nice in the kitchen. Oh - there's a beer store across the street if you want a drink.

Was Robert Frank there? Hahahahahahahahahahaha! (No.) My copy of Exile remains un-autographed.

Trippy. Very.

quote]

Stay classy Toronto.grinning smiley

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 28, 2009 21:13

Wow STG!!! Sounds wild .... Did the seats have drink holders?

ROCKMAN

Date: October 28, 2009 22:35

Rockman
Wow STG!!! Sounds wild .... Did the seats have drink holders?

Bloody sissy, Rockman! Canucks don't put our drinks down until they're empty. Come up for the rehearsals, I'll show ya how it's done.

Date: October 28, 2009 23:17

Thanks for the hilarious review STG- Tilt AND swivel you say! Not your average Googleplex it seems.

I think I will give it a pass amd spend my time next Tues. listening to Ya Ya's which is released next Tues, in TO,and elsewhere.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 28, 2009 23:53

Come up for the rehearsals

...........Well ya just never know!!!

ROCKMAN

Date: November 19, 2009 03:56

sweetcharmedlife
SomeTorontoGirl

Trippy. Very.

quote]

Stay classy Toronto.grinning smiley

Date: November 19, 2009 04:04

I went to the screening at the same venue last night and yes I wanted a drink and the beer store is right across the street, so with a couple of king cans of Stella I settled in for the show. It felt like a private screening in someone's living room since I was the only one there. Regarding the sound it was okay to me maybe Stella helped, anyway it was a night to remember. Reg Hart the presenter wanted me to get the word out so go see it you'll soon not forget.

Date: November 19, 2009 04:53

Glad you enjoyed, Floorbird! You Yanks should come up for this, if for no other reason than to experience that unique slice of Ontario culture known as a "beer store."

Oooh, this should give you an idea...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-11-19 05:10 by SomeTorontoGirl.

Posted by: Marmalade ()
Date: November 25, 2009 22:45

>>Sound was dreadful. Almost unintelligible.<<

Hey, STG, I went last night. Unlike Floorbird, I wasn't
the only one there; there were three others besides me.
I have a spinal injury and find it difficult to sit in one
position for long so I appreciated the "tilt and swivel"
office type chairs. Also as there was no one directly
behind me I was able to move about a bit. But you are
so right about the sound. Awful! Still, it was good to
finally see the movie after hearing about it for so long.

Date: November 26, 2009 02:18

Glad you got to see it, Lady Marm. Not quite like the screening at the Met, was it? grinning smiley

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: November 26, 2009 02:27

The live portions are very nice. But the rest of it is like watching paint dry! Hard to stay awake for sure. And thats with a lot of it (and this was admitted) being "set up" just for the camera cause it was so boring.

Posted by: misterfrias ()
Date: November 26, 2009 03:11

SomeTorontoGirl

Trippy. Very.

GREAT REVIEW.

Now I don't feel so bad for the people at the Brooklyn Museum screening last week who had the film projector fall apart on them.

Greetings from the Jersey Shore.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-11-26 03:12 by misterfrias.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1946
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home