Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

RIO mp3/torrent?
Posted by: brewcrew87 ()
Date: February 19, 2006 23:35

anyone know where i can download just the audio part of the rio show

Re: RIO mp3/torrent?
Posted by: Stikkyfinger ()
Date: February 21, 2006 00:12

I have all the tracks from the Rio concert in mp3 format. I downloaded the torrent file and the quality is excellent!

Rolling Stones Tribute

Play Rolling Stones

Posted by: BSORocks ()
Date: February 21, 2006 00:13

Is the torrent file that's on Rocksoff/bootcity better than the AOL webcast?
I'm downloading it but it's taking forever.

Date: February 21, 2006 00:15

I got mine from Boot City, but I haven't been able to compare it with the webcast. The sound quality is good on the Bootcity torrent.

Rolling Stones Tribute

Play Rolling Stones

Posted by: BSORocks ()
Date: February 21, 2006 00:20

hmmm...bootcity's not even movin for mesad smiley

could u send me the mp3s?

Posted by: malja316 ()
Date: February 21, 2006 00:22

Go to the Rocksoff tracker ASAP to complete your download, plenty of seeders overthere....[www.rocksoff.org]

Date: February 21, 2006 00:22

BSORocks Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> hmmm...bootcity's not even movin for me
>
> could u send me the mp3s?

Sure, email me at stikky_finger@hotmail.com and I'll send you some,ok?

Rolling Stones Tribute

Play Rolling Stones

Date: February 21, 2006 00:28

There are currently 119 seeders at Bootcity for this torrent............(one of which is me uploading at 32kb/s.........

Rolling Stones Tribute

Play Rolling Stones

Posted by: vox12string ()
Date: February 21, 2006 10:43

I'll put my 2 cents in about the audio torrent which is @ bootcity & RO.

This is in no way to disparage the efforts of the seeder for which we are all very thankfull.

It's already been commented on @ RO that there is some distortion on this recording whether it was the tv card or whatever is a matter of discussion. One comment is that you can fix anything with Soundforge. Unfortunately you can't fix the fact that its in mono, check it out on your headphones, no separation at all.

On a listening basis the XM broadcast sounds better even tho it's compressed. I got about half of the show before it hiccuped in This Place is Empty when I switched over to AOL.

The sound on the AOL clips @700k is not bad, top end is not the greatest, but good stereo separation. The problem with the clips is that they've cut out the in-between audience bits, & its been censored.

Posted by: midnrambler ()
Date: February 21, 2006 12:56

DVD1 (of 2) from Globo TV is now on the RO tracker (but I can't access the tracker at the moment).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-02-21 12:58 by midnrambler.

Posted by: Ross ()
Date: February 21, 2006 15:29

I didn't think the audio available on Rocks Off was all that great. It seems like the levels were pushed a bit...a little harsh. I posted my recording from XM in the newsgroups which sounds better (imo), but is missing JJF and has some unexplained dropouts every now & then.

It is avalilble in alt.binaries.sounds.mp3.m, alt.binaries.sounds.classic-rock, and alt.binaries.sounds.lossless.

The DVD is up but only one seeder and about 250 people stuck at about 28%! I think it is the same poster that posted the audio. Much thanks!

Ross

Posted by: vox12string ()
Date: February 21, 2006 15:38

I had a look at getting into newsgroups but the learning curve put me off. Slyck's guide is excellent but there's a lot of it & I backed off. Maybe I should give it another go.

Date: February 21, 2006 17:26

No problem with the sound on any of the tracks I have heard so far..

Rolling Stones Tribute

Play Rolling Stones

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: February 21, 2006 17:57

I just finished dl the Ro torrent and listend to it the first time - OMG, that hurts.

yes, you nailed it, vox.
but you say xm version is compressed, right - but its very subtile. 6:1 I' guess.
the torrent version is also compressed - but this must be a ratio of 100:1.
its an insult to my ears, sharp like razor blades, pumping like asthma & flat like a pan cake.
I'm really disapointed

I compared it to my XM recording, too bad I didn't get all of it or had some glitches, but the ones I got sound much better.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1565
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home