Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Factory ( a French rock band from my hometown ) and Mick Jagger
Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: October 20, 2009 15:50

I almost had forgotten this story.

In the late seventies ,I went to see a rock band concert from my hometown (some miles from it ) called Factory .A friend of mine was a friend of the singer.

I've found this photo ....reminds nice memories to me .I just wanted to share it with you .Enjoy !

Factory with Mick Jagger, Boulogne-Billancourt studios ,1979.

[www.steviedixon.com]

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-10-21 17:54 by SwayStones.

Re: Factory ( a French rock band from my hometown ) and Mick Jagger
Posted by: Amused ()
Date: October 20, 2009 15:54

took me some time to figure out Mick ;P

Posted by: hummingbird ()
Date: October 20, 2009 16:01

Oh, suprise surprise,
Yves is a good friend of mine. I saw him recently, in a club called "A thou bout de Chant" in Lyon. He was covering "Dead Flowers"...
He once told me that when he was recording at Pathe Marcony, just next to the RS, Keith lost the keys of his Bentley. He had to call someone from Bentley to start the car. In fact the guys from Factory had found the keys, and they wanted to keep it as a trophy. And actually, Yves still has this keys in his house...

Posted by: Amused ()
Date: October 20, 2009 16:03

didn't they take the car as a trophy? smiling smiley

Posted by: Greg ()
Date: October 20, 2009 16:15

They look like a bunch of cloned Julien Clercs to me smiling smiley

----------------------------
"Music is the frozen tapioca in the ice chest of history."

"Shit!... No shit, awright!"

Date: October 20, 2009 16:22

hummingbird
Oh, suprise surprise,
Yves is a good friend of mine. I saw him recently, in a club called "A thou bout de Chant" in Lyon. He was covering "Dead Flowers"...
He once told me that when he was recording at Pathe Marcony, just next to the RS, Keith lost the keys of his Bentley. He had to call someone from Bentley to start the car. In fact the guys from Factory had found the keys, and they wanted to keep it as a trophy. And actually, Yves still has this keys in his house...

Oh ,funny coincidence isn't it ...I didn't know Yves was still singing .We really got to meet smiling bouncing smiley

The "keys " story is a nice one ...I would have locked Keith and myself in the Bentley (laugh)

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Date: October 20, 2009 17:10

SwayStones

Oh ,funny coincidence isn't it ...I didn't know Yves was still singing .We really got to meet smiling bouncing smiley

yes, it would be nice to meet you. Don't wait till the next tour!

Date: October 20, 2009 17:12

Here is my mail adress :

Tell me when you're done and I will edit it .Thanks .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-10-20 17:28 by SwayStones.

Posted by: jjflash73 ()
Date: October 20, 2009 17:35

The French are very short.....

Date: October 20, 2009 17:50

SwayStones, here is my email adress: thierrym_69@yahoo.fr
Hope I soon will have news from you...

Date: October 20, 2009 17:56

jjflash73
The French are very short.....

What do you mean jjflash ? I don't get it .I am 1.68 ,that's not that bad for a woman grinning smiley ....

Hummingbird ,thanks .I will drop you an e-mail tonight.

Date: October 20, 2009 18:01

They got little hands
Little eyes
They walk around
Tellin' great big lies
They got little noses
And tiny little teeth
They wear platform shoes
On their nasty little feet

Well, I don't want no short people

(Randy Newman)

Was it a song about Carla Bruni's husband?

Posted by: HelterSkelter ()
Date: October 20, 2009 19:51

The younger French are taller, same as the younger Italians - taller now). They say the Dutch men are now the tallest in the world I believe I read somewhere. I'm tall 6'2" so I never notice height ... unless it's Prince or Paul Simon or someone like that - super short) What ever the case I love the way the French think so to me, who cares how tall they are, their brain and view towards life is/are excellent and that should come first.... I find it very important, this is why the French are #1 in my book. Great taste too, in design - Look at PARIS, look at the TGV, look at the Concorde.... even the Paris Metro looks great.... French woman ain't too bad either... How about French fashion.... AND of course the food !!! And they are very polite..... oh, and the wine.... Good taste is just in their blood....

(Bon Jour SwayStone Love Bug, Oui BEBE, you're still my #1, now and for always smiling smiley )

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-10-20 19:56 by HelterSkelter.

Posted by: scaffer ()
Date: October 20, 2009 21:39

Are you sure that's Mick? It looks more like Serge Gainsbourg.

... Joking (maybe!).

Date: October 21, 2009 17:53

scaffer

... Joking (maybe!).

He he ...

They (Factory) were sign by Pathe Marconi that send them on studio the whole month (July 1979 ).
They meet there their "neighbours " ,The Rolling Stones, rehearsing for Emotional Rescue album . A nice memory for Factory & the opportunity to some jam sessions .....

Whaouh ! I wonder what Yves remember about this .I am pretty sure this is a kind of experience that no musician can forget...

Date: October 21, 2009 18:14

scaffer

... Joking (maybe!).
You really want to know what went first on my mind when I saw the pic ?

"How long does it take for a man to get his beard that lenght " :

Come on ,90%'s men on this board .This should be easy to reckon .

If I ain't mistaken ,this photo was taken in Paris 1979 ,right ?
So Jagger must had his beard & hair cut on the 1st photowith the French band .

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: October 21, 2009 22:28

SwayStones
"How long does it take for a man to get his beard that lenght " :

Come on ,90%'s men on this board .This should be easy to reckon .

Well, I wear a beard, so you can imagine how ugly Edith must be.

I wear mine very short, but it really depends on the guy.
Judging by the length of the lower beard, I'm guessing at the least maybe six weeks if it grows fast.

Posted by: stoneswashed77 ()
Date: October 21, 2009 23:15

i think it must be even more than 6 weeks, more like 3 months maybe.
i really wonder how he could stand it that long to let it grow and then let it stay there for quite a while. it absolutely doesn´t fit with his super thin, fit and elegant sexy image. what the hell was he thinking ??? smiling smiley

Posted by: HelterSkelter ()
Date: October 22, 2009 02:19

..... trying to get in touch with his NED KELLY days....

SwayStone 2 to 3 months on the beard question. I had a beard for a few months when I was 20 or 21 and it takes a while for it to get thick.... I hate them now, VERY uncomfortable..... ugh !!!.....

Date: October 22, 2009 02:21

SwayStone

look at the picture, everyone is shorter than Mick and he's not even 5'10.

Date: October 22, 2009 02:28

I had to respond, many countries are nicer, you of course have your opinion but if you think Paris is really nice (dog crap everywhere)(rude people),Concorde crashed and burned)(french women need to shave)(Italian wine)(Italian fashion)Polite? can you say 'please queue up'. And cologne is not an answer to a bath with soap.
France is ok but the elitest attitude is the bummer.

What ever the case I love the way the French think so to me, who cares how tall they are, their brain and view towards life is/are excellent and that should come first.... I find it very important, this is why the French are #1 in my book. Great taste too, in design - Look at PARIS, look at the TGV, look at the Concorde.... even the Paris Metro looks great.... French woman ain't too bad either... How about French fashion.... AND of course the food !!! And they are very polite..... oh, and the wine.... Good taste is just in their blood....

Date: October 22, 2009 12:00

jjflash73
SwayStone

Yes ,you're absolutely right ,jjflash ,I just realized it now !May be the ground hadn't the same level ???

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 22, 2009 12:04

Arrrrrr think it's an early version of cut and paste .... You know with actual scissors and glue ....

ROCKMAN

Date: October 22, 2009 12:13

jjflash73
I had to respond, many countries are nicer, you of course have your opinion but if you think Paris is really nice (dog crap everywhere)(rude people),Concorde crashed and burned)(french women need to shave)(Italian wine)(Italian fashion)Polite? can you say 'please queue up'. And cologne is not an answer to a bath with soap.
France is ok but the elitest attitude is the bummer.

What ever the case I love the way the French think so to me, who cares how tall they are, their brain and view towards life is/are excellent and that should come first.... I find it very important, this is why the French are #1 in my book. Great taste too, in design - Look at PARIS, look at the TGV, look at the Concorde.... even the Paris Metro looks great.... French woman ain't too bad either... How about French fashion.... AND of course the food !!! And they are very polite..... oh, and the wine.... Good taste is just in their blood....

To my opinion ,Paris is a very very beautiful town ,that's true .

Yes for the wine (although I don't like red wine and never drink it ) you can't find such good wines in another country.

BUT :I do agree on rude people ,especially when they are driving their cars .I often get mad by seeing that a driver would rather break his car than allow me to let me crossing . People here forgot how to smile .And I can tell you that if you don't speak French (Helter ,you've got to improve your French before we'll be able to eat a "Steak à la béarnaise " laugh ..... ) you won't find many people that will speak English.

Not agree with the dogs crap -they have fix some paper bags in the streets .
Not agree with the French women's legs ,are you sure you aren't mistaken with the German girls ?
I never never let hair on my legs (because unfortunately for me I 've got a few ) even in winter when I wear jeans !And I take two showers a day .One in the morning and the other one before going to bed.
I don't use "eau de cologne" my parfume is called "Féminité du bois "from Serge Lutens.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-10-22 15:17 by SwayStones.

Date: October 22, 2009 12:24

Thank you guys for your answers ....yes ,2 months at least for such a beard ,my God I would never thought he could have such a beard comparing to his smooth chest .

Photo Helen Slater .

And BTW ,Mr Edith Grove,I really prefer your beard than Mick'one on the photo above .....

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1475
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home