Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: "Anybody seen my Baby" live - what went wrong ?
Posted by: guitarbastard ()
Date: October 17, 2009 02:55

it just feels "empty" live. and its definitely not a stadium-song...argentina version is terrrrrrrible!

Posted by: 6853 ()
Date: October 17, 2009 03:05

the video with the studio version is some stuff...

Posted by: njlstones815 ()
Date: October 17, 2009 04:24

Totally agree with BV. Complex songs that sometimes don't translate well live.

Posted by: loveyoulive75 ()
Date: October 17, 2009 04:43

ASMB live reminds me of "Fingerprint File" live on the TOTA...good in the studio; didn't quite translate live. And notice how they returned to neither song since their initial live outings. Did Mick notice a large exodus to the concessions/bathrooms when they played this song, or what?

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: October 17, 2009 05:20

I have to say i really enjoyed ASMB live and was not happy when they dropped it for all the MSG shows but i did catch it at GIANTS STADIUM twice and on plenty of boots

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: October 17, 2009 11:34

Yep. The song doesn't roll at all - it sounds like they are rehearsing it with no real intent, and that they would stop it any minute, and say "this sucks". It is funny to listen the Stones so... what could be a right word... "weak"? "Vulnerable"? eye rolling smiley

But it so... "human"drinking smiley

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-10-17 11:36 by Doxa.

Posted by: benon again ()
Date: October 17, 2009 12:21

It`s very interesting how much guitar tracks has Waddy Watchell recorded on BtB.He is kind of Keith`s younger brother with more aggresive style of playing.Nowadays Keith remains an old painter making variations on his old artifices - just one brush there and overthere.

Posted by: farawayeyes2 ()
Date: October 17, 2009 14:38

i kinda love it

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: October 17, 2009 19:32

That Argentina version is worse. He's singing above the melody but on a second or third note - very odd.

It just doesn't work live. It does sound like a rehearsal - a bad one.

Unfortunately, Miss You does work live.

How funny. They released Miss You as a single and have played it live. They released Emotional Rescue as a single and have never played it. They released Anybody Seen My Baby? as a single, which song wise is very similar to MY and ER and they played it but not for every show.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: October 17, 2009 19:57

the early live versions are better because ronnie is allowed an extended solo, then of course later versions are scaled down because mick just cant allow woody to do his thing

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: October 17, 2009 21:57

loveyoulive75
ASMB live reminds me of "Fingerprint File" live on the TOTA...good in the studio; didn't quite translate live.

Can´t agree.The live versions of Fingerprint File I listened to are absolutely
great,that mighty groove added with those percussions by Olli Brown,unforgettable !

I read in jeanmaries ´76 tour pressbook that they rehearsed it the year later but somehow it
didn´t work at all so they decided to drop it for that tour...

Unfortunately Fingerprint File never occured again live.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: October 18, 2009 12:19

Great newer song. A very eerie vibe to it, with some cool beats and great atmospheric guitar parts...
Live it just seems flat. Really it is all of them! They just don't seem to have nailed it in practice, and it shows. From Mick singing slightly off key, not capturing the vocal feel he had in the studio, to the drums and bass not who-lopping that funky back beat. Ronnie and Keith also don't seem to have worked out who is going to play what. I also agree the Double Door version is better than the live at the 10 Spot...but it still doesn't do the song justice.

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: October 18, 2009 12:31

This version isn't bad in my opinion. Though the guitars are too low in the mix, especially in the end. The solo of the studio version at the end is great, but here too short. Better the Argentina version.

Posted by: Barn Owl ()
Date: October 18, 2009 14:23

It's a case of having to be careful what you wish for!

An absolute classic Stones song, but in order to be performed live at anything like a decent standard, it needs the kind of painstaking care and attention that they afforded to the 1989/90 setlists.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1696
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home