Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Argentina Advice
Posted by: goinhome ()
Date: January 12, 2006 07:10

I have a question for those from Argentina out there (or who know it). My wife and I are going for a week from the USA, ending our trip with the Stones Show at River Plate (we're way too excited).

We would like to go somewhere outside of Buenos Aires for 3 days or so before the concert. We love adventure and the outdoors, and I have looked into flying down to Ushuaia or to Bariloche to see the country a bit more. However, I know that February is peak 'tourist' season, and we don't really want to get hearded around in some tourist trap.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Also, what are the cool parts of BA to stay in? It seems a lot of the hotels are in El Centro, but friends have told us that staying in that part of town will remove us from a lot of the action / activity / neighborhood charm that makes BA such a cool city.

Long live the Stones! Looking forward for our first Stones concert outside of the USA!!!

PS Who the hell is going to be the opening act???

Re: Argentina Advice
Posted by: ariel_arg ()
Date: January 18, 2006 01:13

Hi man... here in Argentina we don't know who will be doing opening act.
for your first question... if you like adventure.. a really nice place to visit is Bariloche and as you said January and February are peak tourism season, but if you will be having only 3 day, you can and you should hahaha go to "Cataratas del Iguazu", Iguazu Falls in english. You can take a look at [www.welcomeargentina.com] is a really really nice place and there is a lot of adventure there

Enjoy our country and live Stones for ever

Regards, Ariel

Posted by: goinhome ()
Date: January 21, 2006 20:48

Ariel,

Thanks for the advice! I think we are going to go to Bariloche for a few days before the show.

Our tickets from rs.com just came in the mail this week.... First row in the stands on the San Martin side. We can't wait!

Have a great time.

-Bill

Posted by: ariel_arg ()
Date: January 21, 2006 23:39

Hi Bill... woww tickets on San Martin side are the best location on the stadium. I have tickets for that stand too.

Regards, Ariel

Posted by: SeNdEr ()
Date: January 22, 2006 01:22

I got tikets for Belgrano side, it will be awesome!, after 8 years!, you should visit Ushuaia it is so beautifull, all Patagonia is great, Bariloche is a very good choice but you need more than 3 days...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-01-22 01:23 by SeNdEr.

Argentina Advice
Posted by: jose luis ()
Date: January 23, 2006 20:30

Hi Friends.

I Live 3 blocks River Plate Stadium, and my celullar phone is (15)5938 5352.
My Home Phone is 4783 6930.
I ll be glad to invite You and Your wife, adrinks in my house when You Visit our city , .

I have tickets for the 2 concerts in my country.
Bye

Posted by: Playwithfire ()
Date: January 24, 2006 12:28

Hola amigos argentinos, llegare de Francia el 16 de Febrero para los 2 conciertos. Me quedare 2 semanas en Buenos Aires y me gustaria saber si habra algun partido del campeonado de futbol, River Plate, Boca Juniors o otros equipos, planeado en esas fechas ??
Gracias de antemano y hasta pronto !!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1846
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home