Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

box office MSG
Posted by: jimm ()
Date: January 5, 2006 22:51

I'm stopping off (from Scotland) in NYC for a couple of days on my way to Australia and booked my ticket on Ticketmaster- don't arrive till the Thursday night- what time does the box office close at night as I don't really want to leave it till the Friday night to pick up

Re: box office MSG
Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: January 6, 2006 01:13

I think you'll only be able to pick the tickets up on the day of the show

Posted by: jimm ()
Date: January 6, 2006 01:26

thanks for that-I'll just need to go there on Friday

Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: January 6, 2006 22:05

I'm in similar boat to jimm. I gather I need the originalcredit card with which I booked and also passport (UK in my case). Is that it or am I missing something?

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: January 6, 2006 22:37

Gazza Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I think you'll only be able to pick the tickets up
> on the day of the show

Not so. Picked mine up for the 13th September 2005 show on 12th September.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: January 7, 2006 00:57

I guess it varies from venue to venue. Any time I've been at US shows its been the day of the concert. Thats handy to know..thanks

In the e-mail I got from TM when I bought MSG tickets, the link to information about Will Call arrangements stated the following :

Most venues, which sell tickets via Ticketmaster, offer what is called a "Will Call" Box Office, through which you can pick your tickets up right at the event prior to the show. If you were able to choose Will Call for your tickets, then it is available for your event. Box office rules and hours vary. Some may not be open until an hour prior to event time, while others may be open during regular business hours every day. Some buildings advise patrons to arrive very early to pick up tickets to avoid long lines. In the United States, most venues will not let you pick up your tickets from will call until the day of the event. In Canada, many venues will let you pick up your tickets before the day of the event--see below if you plan to pick up your tickets at will call in Canada before the day of the event.

In order to pick up your tickets, you may be required to present:
Your valid state (if a resident of the United States) or government issued (if a resident of Canada or other country) photo ID, driver's license or passport. A valid ID must be duly issued by a government agency and include a photo and a signature.
The credit card you used to purchase the tickets.
Your confirmation number.
The box office will not release tickets if the name on the ID and credit card does not match the name used to purchase the tickets from Ticketmaster or if the photo on the ID does not appear to be the photo of the person retrieving the tickets. To find out what other types of photo ID are acceptable at the venue's Will Call, please contact the venue directly.

If you decide to pick up your tickets at will call before the day of the event (and the venue allows you to do so), you may not be able to do so until more than 2 business days after you have ordered them. For example, if a ticket is purchased on Saturday (i.e., not a business day) the ticket cannot be picked up until the following Wednesday. This restriction does not apply if the event is occurring during that time.

Please note that if you are attending an event in Canada, even if you selected will call as your delivery option you can still pick your tickets up at a Canadian Ticket Centre.

International Will Call for US Events
If you order tickets to a U.S. event and you have a billing address that is outside of the United States and Canada, then you may be obligated to use international will call and may have to place your order at least 10 days prior to the event. You must provide an email address, along with a local telephone number where you can be contacted up to the day of the event. Tickets will be held in will call at the venue box office where the event will take place

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2699
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home