Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Tell Me 1978 Rehearsal Version (And More..)!!!
Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: October 12, 2009 00:14

Thanks to Mr.Letibleed for uploading 78 rerersal stuff.

A bit sloppy but interesting. I've heard about this and always wanted to hear what it sounds like:

Gimme Shelter:

Memory Motel : (There's a Sh*tload more of these rehearsal tracks uploaded if you look at related videos)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2009-10-12 00:22 by ryanpow.

Re: Tell Me 1978 Rehearsal Version (And More..)!!!
Date: October 12, 2009 01:04

The "Tell Me" version is superb. I wish they'd dust that one off. But I doubt Jagger would sing it like that anymore. That accent is what makes it so good at a later age.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: October 12, 2009 01:14

The funny thing about HIS voice is, if he tried to hard it sounds awfull, if he sings as it comes it's sounds great

Date: October 12, 2009 01:22

From that one clip it just hit me what Jagger seems to have really lost: his great sense of humor.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: October 12, 2009 02:31

the gimme shelter version is pretty good but i prefer the more haunting live versions

Posted by: stevecardi ()
Date: October 12, 2009 03:14

"Tell Me" has always been one of my favorites from the early era. Apparently, Keith never liked this song, so when I learned they rehearsed it for '78, I tracked it down. Defenetly a different version, but I think it's good.

Posted by: Tate ()
Date: October 12, 2009 04:32

Tell Me is wonderful. NEVER heard that '78 version before now. I absolutely love it. Makes my day! smiling smiley

Posted by: mark666 ()
Date: October 12, 2009 09:15

You guys really are true fans! Come on folks...... Mick sounded terrible! No wonder they didn't do it on stage. I think Mick sang a lot better in the 60's before his shouting days. Don't get me wrong he could could do some ome great vocal when he concentrated but other times he would just shout.

Posted by: Tate ()
Date: October 12, 2009 15:19

Mark, Mick sounds like he's having fun at rehearsals, not performing for 50,000 fans. His voice does not sound rehearsed per se, but it sounds very spontaneous and he's clearly experimenting. It's a great snapshot... I went to YouTube and found other '78 rehearsals of Prodigal Son, Play with Fire, Shake Your Hips, and others I had no idea they rehearsed or considered for that tour. It's got that late 70's Stones guitar sound, yet these are earlier songs, which is very cool to this die-hard fan!

Posted by: bluesinc. ()
Date: October 12, 2009 15:30

thanks for posting, i really like them. A 4 CD "Some Girls" comes to mind.
CD1 Some Girls
CD2 Outtakes
CD3 Rehersals
CD4 Live
and as a Bonus A live DVD with special features (Newsdoc, Videos, Interviews) let´s dream a little...
could be called Some Girls...boxed

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1546
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home