Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Black Crowes???
Posted by: tat2you ()
Date: December 28, 2005 19:09

THEY ARE at Msg sat night anybody seen em latley any thoughts???

Re: Black Crowes???
Posted by: stonesctl ()
Date: December 28, 2005 19:13

saw them twice back in april...

good friday show and easter show... needless to say they played "good friday" and also "my morning song"

I think they are a terrific band... and worth every penny of the 40 bucks per ticket I spent.

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: December 28, 2005 19:17

I thought I was gonna see Chris Robinson saturday nite in SF, assuming he was still singing with Phil Lesh's band as he did during the recent tour. Turns out Phil's got Joan Osborn as the featured singer for the New Year's Eve gig. That's okay...Mayer will be there too.

Crowes are still a great band - saw them twice in '05.

Posted by: chippy ()
Date: December 28, 2005 19:26

in the N. Y. Post the other day it said Goldie & Kurt Russell will b spending new yrs eve @ the garden watchin the crows , i seen them back in march it was the 1st or 2nd show of the tour in a very small club , i knew some insiders so i got in 4 free,they went by the name ........ Garden ,but eyery1 knew who was playin, Goldies daughter sat in 4 the full show ,shes georgous ,much prettier in person ,the crows were very good, they have that southern blues in their blood , i hope 2 c them again some day , 2 bad their old drummer wasn't their thou ,did he quit the band ,i like that drummer

Date: December 28, 2005 19:32

cool ....thanks ......... i saw them like 10- years ago in denver and was a bit week. before i saw them warm up for plant at red rocks and they where great did happy as a encore

Posted by: crossfire ()
Date: December 28, 2005 19:42

Any rumblings of an upcoming studio effort?

Posted by: short&curlies ()
Date: December 28, 2005 21:19

Been on kind of a BC binge myself this week. SHAKE YOUR M M is a great piece of work.

Posted by: Hound Dog ()
Date: December 28, 2005 21:24

T&A were you referring to John Mayer? I recently spoke to him at my high school reunion in November. Still blows my mind that he is performing with these guys and opening for the Stones.

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: December 28, 2005 21:26

yep - didn't pay much attention to him before his blues conversion. looking fowward to the show. 1st set by Mayer, 2nd by Lesh & Friends (Larry Campbell, formerly with Dylan, is the featured guitarist), 3rd set after midnite - Mayer with Lesh & Band.....

Posted by: wisertime ()
Date: December 28, 2005 22:13

chippy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
..., i hope 2 c
> them again some day , 2 bad their old drummer
> wasn't their thou ,did he quit the band ,i like
> that drummer
>
>
>
> Merry Christmas & Happy New Year

Yeah, Steve Gorman was back in the band in may, Bill Dobrow was on drums during march-april shows only. A new album should be released in 2006, and a DVD of one Fillmore show of august.

Posted by: stonesctl ()
Date: December 28, 2005 22:13

I saw John Mayer and Counting Crows a few summers ago... and Counting Crows opened for him!!! I thought his stuff was bubble gum, pop crap...

and then...

I took my girlfriend to see him play a small club in NYC (suckin it up and doing my boyfriend duty), and he BLEW ME AWAY

The show was called John Mayer's Blues

Stick with the blues and you can never go wrong.

Posted by: filstan ()
Date: December 28, 2005 22:24

Saw the Crowes Halloween weekend in Chicago and they were great. I would recommend those in the NYC area this weekend to check em out if you want some good music.

Date: December 28, 2005 22:28

filstan Wrote:
> Saw the Crowes Halloween weekend in Chicago and
> they were great. I would recommend those in the
> NYC area this weekend to check em out if you want
> some good music.

i am trying to round up ...........some people for the show

Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: December 29, 2005 05:31

DEFINITELY see this band!!!

Rock n' Roll revivalists...

plus, they've been covering "Torn and Frayed"....

see you in PROVIDENCE!!

maybe in MSG!!

it's all about the Rock n' Roll DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDE!!!

Posted by: inopeng ()
Date: December 29, 2005 06:29

I saw the Crowes the night after the Stones' Charlotte show in '99. They were so bad and obnoxious that I walked out after about six songs.

Word is the have a different line-up today, sound great, and put on a great show including a variety of cool covers.

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: December 29, 2005 11:57

tat2you Wrote:
> THEY ARE at Msg sat night anybody seen em
> latley any thoughts???

Don't think twice: GO AND SEE THEM!!!

C

Posted by: malcolm ()
Date: December 29, 2005 12:27

Hi Liddas,
I was planning to attend one of the 3 London Shows in March @ sheperd's bush... unmissable!!!
ciao
malcolm aka colditalianpizza

Posted by: mr edward ()
Date: December 29, 2005 14:10

Great reunion going on. I wish I lived in NY area, then I surely would have bought tickets. I;ll have to wait unttill march 2006 now (paradiso, amsterdam).

If you wanna know what they sound like nowadays, go to bt.etree.org. Lots of great stuff on there.

e.

Posted by: 1cdog ()
Date: December 30, 2005 02:22

Saw the Black Crowes @ the 9:30 Club in D.C. back in October. A really good rocking show. Always throw some neat covers in to their sets. As an earlier poster said "Rock n' Roll Revivalists..."

I would recommend the MSG New Years Eve show. Wish I was there. If I was I would go to the show. I bet it will be a really good time.

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: December 30, 2005 02:29

I saw them this year too and thought they were great. I would go again in a heartbeat. They played Slave which is a kick ass song. Worth it just to see that one.

Wasn't looking too good, but I was feeling real well.

Posted by: WAYNEPA ()
Date: December 31, 2005 15:40

For tat2you...there are 2 opening bands, and I heard that the Crowes on their web site say that they are going to play from 10:15 until 2:15....4, count em 4 hours!!!Besides the 2 opening bands!!!

Posted by: Potted Shrimp ()
Date: December 31, 2005 15:43

mr edward Wrote:
> Great reunion going on. I wish I lived in NY area,
> then I surely would have bought tickets. I;ll have
> to wait unttill march 2006 now (paradiso,
> amsterdam).
>
> If you wanna know what they sound like nowadays,
> go to bt.etree.org. Lots of great stuff on there.
>
> e.
>

See you in Paradiso!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1503
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home