Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Streets of Love
Posted by: guyrachel ()
Date: October 10, 2009 22:28

I know this song has been damned by so many people, but I, who have been a rolling stones fan since 1977, just don't understand why it is such a reviled song; I think it's a really catchy, stirring power ballad that the band plays really well, and Jagger sings beautifully, in fact I think it represents sensitively a "mature" distance from the stuff of love, with Jagger as the wry and rueful observer.

As before all comments, supportive, critical or malign welcome!

Re: Streets of Love
Posted by: Amused ()
Date: October 10, 2009 22:30

well, I don't mind listening to it really, but...

it's got very lame lyrics and is basically a pop song which misses the Stones' attitude and uhm...

Posted by: stevecardi ()
Date: October 10, 2009 23:11

Defenitly doesn't deserve the ragging it has recieved, but I think "Biggest Mistake" was the better ballad. Personally, I think the best recent Stones ballad is "Almost Hear You Sigh."

Posted by: franzk ()
Date: October 10, 2009 23:24

The awful truth, it's awful sad
I must admit the lyrics are awful bad

Posted by: yorkshirestone ()
Date: October 10, 2009 23:35

worked pretty well live, i thought

Posted by: guitarbastard ()
Date: October 10, 2009 23:43

the chorus is just so unbelievably bad and tasteless. the lyrics oh my god...and the solo line doubled with a shity string arrangment...confused smiley
that keith allowed this...
i'm quite a peacefull person but this song and especialy jaggers singing makes me really agressiv! ;-)

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: October 11, 2009 00:07

Compare to all the great ballads they made in the past this one is not good

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 11, 2009 00:22

I've always liked it for some reason.

Posted by: michel ()
Date: October 11, 2009 11:29

Love this song!!!!

Posted by: guyrachel ()
Date: October 11, 2009 11:35

most pop songs are trite, lots of course aren't, some are genius lyrically and/or musically, but it is the combination of elements that combine, trite or not, to provide a pleasing/thrilling/moving combination that may or may not be to your taste

Posted by: stoneswashed77 ()
Date: October 11, 2009 12:41

good song but production to stiff. all the soul that probably was there has been edited out.

Posted by: guitarbastard ()
Date: October 11, 2009 14:59

i cant think of any stones song that has less "stones-feel" in it.
it's a jagger ballad, and probably the worst he has ever written. the chorus is just an insult!

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: October 11, 2009 15:09

The Bastard is correct. This song has no business being anywhere. It is totrture to listen.

League Office

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: October 11, 2009 15:27

horrible song, a bit better live, but I always skip it on cd...

Date: October 11, 2009 15:33

The real question is why didn't one of the other Stones step up and say " No offense Mick, but we really need to consider trashing this song or changing....."

L.O.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: October 11, 2009 16:37

the second time it was played in concert was in Vienna, and during the chorus
the guitarists stood behind Mick and draped their arms around each other's shoulders
and leaned their heads together dolefully like orphan puppies and wailed ay ay ay ay -
i was a *little* bit sorry for the Mick (who didn't know what was going on)
but it was hilarious and the crowd loved it

that was the last time Keith had an electric guitar on that song. maybe he felt a little sorry for the Mick too
because he played some mighty pretty acoustic on it at several shows - Sheffield for example

Date: October 11, 2009 17:03

When I first heard Streets of Love on You Tube -

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: October 11, 2009 17:34

it's a sure sign of the impending apocalypse

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: October 11, 2009 17:54

It's just a really really really really lame song. Pure utter crap. Digital garbage.

Musically it's as bland as eating potatoes. It's the Stones working with their eyes and ears closed, just doing it by numbers.

Lyrically it's - it makes Sweet Neo Con look genius.

I really tried to like it. There is no try - either you do or you don't. I don't.

Date: October 11, 2009 17:56

StonesTod

Why can't Musicians impose a recall such as General Motors? "We made or have a defect on our albums and need to recall" "The album will be repaired, if under warranty"

Date: October 11, 2009 17:56

mhm - it's almost as though the stones deliberately tried to make the worst song they could...so, in that sense i guess i should congratulate them on a job well-done

Date: October 11, 2009 18:02

Chris Fountain
StonesTod

Why can't Musicians impose a recall such as General Motors? "We made or have a defect on our albums and need to recall" "The album will be repaired, if under warranty"

excellent suggestion! i'd like to return my copy and receive an upgrade!!! yay!

Date: October 11, 2009 18:16

Yeah ..welll the problem with this scenario is the fact that they will try to beat you with time

1. Fill out paperwork - one agonizing day
2. Fed or Ex Post Office? Who knows? tracking number $20
3. Two Weeks expire
4, Third week you receive ABB without Streets of Love but they replace it with Fool to Cry
5. Next -realize contents and destroy

League Office does not endorse this policy

Date: October 11, 2009 18:19

dammit

Date: October 11, 2009 18:37

I feel your pain. Concerning concerts, if you ever attended a bad concert , you should be entitled to your money returned. For example, the Comish attended a horrible Elton John concert 1992 up in the Carolina Woods totally dissastified. I demanded my money back and was denied. To this day the League Office dismisses Elton John.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: October 11, 2009 21:01

Find that part on the actual disc and scratch it out?

Nahhh - just remove it and several other songs for your own copy to make it a stellar album.

Date: October 11, 2009 21:14

As long as the theives pay for it.

Date: October 11, 2009 21:19

Chris Fountain
I feel your pain. Concerning concerts, if you ever attended a bad concert , you should be entitled to your money returned. For example, the Comish attended a horrible Elton John concert 1992 up in the Carolina Woods totally dissastified. I demanded my money back and was denied. To this day the League Office dismisses Elton John.

the precedent was recently established in sports. an oregon duck football fan billed the head coach for the costs of a road trip to see oregon play against boise state. the stated reason: the oregon team was not what was advertised. the oregon coach agreed and sent a check for the invoiced amount to the fan.

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: October 11, 2009 22:13

The worst thing about it was that they actually chose it as the first single from the album!

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Date: October 11, 2009 22:22

StonesTod
Chris Fountain

the precedent was recently established in sports. an oregon duck football fan billed the head coach for the costs of a road trip to see oregon play against boise state. the stated reason: the oregon team was not what was advertised. the oregon coach agreed and sent a check for the invoiced amount to the fan.

Speaking of which - Screw Boise State. I'm glad that Duck is back in the water. That Boise Shit Blue Football Idiot player taunted and provoked the Oregon player. If anyone gets in the Comish's face and yells and taunts.....Need I say more? Again, screw Idaho.

L.O.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1869
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home