Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: OT; KISS SONIC BOOM
Date: October 16, 2009 21:13

humanriff77
I dont get it Kiss is a band that makes music for kids age 8-14, its adolescent tripe, they are a circus act for children, nothing wrong with that I suppose but what that has to do with rock n roll and the Stones is beyond me.

I know what im talking about, they were the biggest band when i was in school, but no-one listened to them after 14 years old, even the dumb kids grew out of it and went on to buy the Knack smiling smiley

Yes, it´s pre-high school stuff.Bad musicians 'singing' and 'playing' ridiculous riffy no-songs with no imagination and nothing to say or add to human kind. Kiss , despise all hype by the monster-gore-adoring Beavis and Buitterhead crowd, now in middle age with kids( and some in the media spreading the garbage belief....) keeps being what it was in the seventies and what it will always be. Second-rate derivative music. Just as Abba, by the way.And just as most of the so called NWOBHM, someone must say it one day.
Also I think that some people believe that some very old tricks, on riffs and guitar playing were invented by that 75-85 rock sub-musicinas. Please try to hear more stuff.
Fun? Just for 12-13 aged males, and of some kind.
Striclty no offense, but I´d rather hear one snippet of a 83-year old Chuck Berry gig than the whole Kiss, NWOTBHM discography.
Democracy? Always. But bad art.And sincerely I´ve had enough of the minimalist bad-is-good teen-feeling as king of human kind hype..
Taste? relative and very questionable.
Sincerely.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2009-10-16 21:15 by Gibson Fender-Nanker.

Posted by: letitloose ()
Date: October 16, 2009 21:17

Gibson Fender-Nanker
humanriff77
I dont get it Kiss is a band that makes music for kids age 8-14, its adolescent tripe, they are a circus act for children, nothing wrong with that I suppose but what that has to do with rock n roll and the Stones is beyond me.

I know what im talking about, they were the biggest band when i was in school, but no-one listened to them after 14 years old, even the dumb kids grew out of it and went on to buy the Knack smiling smiley

Yes, it´s pre-high school stuff.Bad musicians 'singing' and 'playing' ridiculous riffy no-songs with no imagination and nothing to say or add to human kind. Kiss , despise all hype by the monster-gore-adoring Beavis and Buitterhead crowd, now in middle age with kids( and some in the media spreading the garbage belief....) keeps being what it was in the seventies and what it will always be. Second-rate derivative music. Just as Abba, by the way.And just as most of the so called NWOBHM, someone must say it one day.
Also I think that some people believe that some very old tricks, on riffs and guitar playing were invented by that 75-85 rock sub-musicinas. Please try to hear more stuff.
Fun? Just for 12-13 aged males, and of some kind.
Striclty no offense, but I´d rather hear one snippet iof a 83-year old Chuck Berry than the whole Kiss, NWOTBHM discography.
Democracy? Always. But bad art.And sincerely I´ve had enough of the minimalist bad-is-good teen-feeling as king of human kind hype..
Taste? relative and very questionable.
Sincerely.

Have you ever heard "Deuce"? Its a monster. If you don't like Kiss then fair enough. But please remember that my opinion is as valid as yours. Please don't patronize those of us who like a bit of party RnR. It's supposed to be fun, remember.

Posted by: destroyer ()
Date: October 17, 2009 01:06

KISS, THE HOTTEST BAND IN THE WORLD

Sonic Boom is better than the Bang.

Destroyer is the ALBUM.

Posted by: trainarollin ()
Date: October 17, 2009 01:09

Very Good overall. Some songs are beyond excellent.

Posted by: stevecardi ()
Date: October 17, 2009 03:34

Defintley love KISS. And I think Ace did a great job with his cover of "2,000 Man" on the Unplugged album

Posted by: mexicostone ()
Date: October 17, 2009 06:29

I rate Sonic Boom - 7/10

Posted by: OhNoNotMeAgain ()
Date: October 17, 2009 14:07

humanriff77

The kind of prejudice and ignorance you display here is astounding. You obviously have never even been near to a Kiss concert, nor do you seem to know anything about that band and their followers, as clearly comes across in your useless hate rant. They have a hardcore and incredibly dedicated (yet not uncritical) fan base that literally grew older with them, and many Kiss fans are now well beyond their 40s or even in their 50s, and still listening to their music and attending their shows. Those people love Kiss for what they are, and they certainly don't deserve to be ridiculed by pseudo-"elitist" Stones fans like you.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1524
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home