Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Charlie Is My Darling DVD
Posted by: wtravis6565 ()
Date: December 19, 2005 20:11

Anybody get this yet? I've seen it listed on Amazon.com and HMV.com. Also have seen it on ebay.

Re: Charlie Is My Darling DVD
Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: December 19, 2005 20:16

It´s excellent, go get it.

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Posted by: wtravis6565 ()
Date: December 19, 2005 20:18

What company put it out? Did the Stones or ALO authorize it?

Posted by: riccardo99 ()
Date: December 19, 2005 21:47

Looks like it came out officially in Australia.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: December 19, 2005 23:01

i just got this newly-released "MRA Entertainment" version, and i sure hope the vendor will give me a refund.
i love this film, and while this version isn't the *very* worst quality i've seen, it's one of the worst.
it does seem to be more or less complete, but:
(a) it's the same scratchy picture quality and slighty out-of-synch audio you can find on any ebay copy;
(b) they didn't bother editing a film break in the middle, so you get treated to a several-second-long blackout that i've never seen even on crummy bootleg versions;
(c) they used the version with Going Home in place of Get Off of My Cloud, which - okay, i love Going Home and it works beautifully in the film, but it's not the original soundtrack; and
(d) a note on the back says "this product is not authorized or approved by the artist nor their management", which ... jeez, if it's basically just another bootleg version, there are better ones in circulation.

rats & drats - i was really looking forward to a good remastered well-edited version of this beauty.
ah well - i guess i can just keep looking forward. have some popcorn.

"What do you want - what?!"
- Keith

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2005-12-20 00:37 by with sssoul.

Posted by: cc ()
Date: December 19, 2005 23:39

Thanks for the advice, wsss. I was thinking of picking that one up. Guess I'll stick w/ my VHS dub.

cc

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: December 23, 2005 03:41

I have been wanting for quite a while to see "Darling." Has anyone here had any experience with marsmusik.net (good or bad)?

Posted by: the juf ()
Date: December 23, 2005 09:28

if you still find it in shops: go and get it, because it has already been taken off the market!
I bought it last weekend in Amsterdam and last Tuesday all copies were confiscated!

Posted by: The GR ()
Date: December 23, 2005 10:24

I've ordered it from my 'source' and as he deals exclusively with boots or 'legal copies' from South America etc I've no doubt this is not a legit release. Still it'll be nice to have it.

I would expect a legit version to at least have a directors commentary or something from ALO.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1269
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home