Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 3 of 7
Re: Present your Rolling Stones Fan Credentials
Posted by: stevecardi ()
Date: October 10, 2009 08:20

Hey guys, I'm Steve. I've been going on this website since 1997, when I really got into the Stones, but this is my first time posting on the fourm. I guess showing my credentials as a die-hard is the best way to introduce myself.

Reasons that make me a true Stones fanatic:

10.) Can name the venues, cities, and tours where the biggest Stones shows in the United States took place---including one which has been debated in largest crowd (Kansas City 1975)

9.) I rememeber the exact set list order of my first stones show (Foxboro 1997 show 1)

8.)Stones concert I enjoyed myself the most at was opening night of Licks at the Boston Garden, where I heard a shit load of songs I never expected to hear in or even played at concerts (Neighbors, "Mannish Boy" Stray Cat Blues, Rocks Off, Happy, Street Fighting Man)

8.) Sent a scathing email to an offcial Yahoo Music blogger after he said "Get Your Leeds Loungs Out" was the best Stones bootleg, proving he has never listened to nor heard of "In Action," "It's No Hangging Matter," "Philadelphia Special," "Very Ancient, Thank You Kindly" "Rocks Off," "Brussles Affair," LA Friday, Garden State 78, Kings Of Drugs, Ride Like the Wind, Atlantic City 89, Tokyo 1995, Paris/Amsterdam/London 1995)

7.) Missed my first day of freshman year college in New Hampshere so that my first Mick Taylor concert would take place in my home state of Rhode Island.

6.) Freaked the hell out when my cousin told me she attended the Stones show at the Lowe's State Theatre (now Performing Arts Center) in Providence, RI on the 1964 tour

5.) Was pissed that the rarities album did not include "The Storm," "So Young," "I'm Gonna Drive," and "Jump On Top Of Me" as they were by and far the best songs from the 1990s, especially the latter, as well as the now unfindable "Think I'm Going Mad"

4.) Was pissed "Almost Hear You Sigh," "Out Of Time," "Turd On The Run" "Too Much Blood," "Let Me Go," and "Little By Little" were reherared but not played, and that "Dancing With Mr. D" and "Coming Down Again," "Blue Turns To Gray," "She Said Yeah," and "I'm Moving On" have never been rhearesed at all.

3.) Believe that "A Bigger Bang" was by far the best Stones album since at least Tattoo You, and wonders why "Let Me Down Slow," "Driving Too Fast" and "Dangerous Beauty" were not played.

2.) Think Don Waas and Chuck Leavell should be sacked immediately, and that Ian McKlagan, Andy Johns and/or Chris Kimsey should be brought back.

1.) Think Ian Stewart is the greatest unsung hero in rock 'n' roll history.

Posted by: Zack ()
Date: October 10, 2009 09:17

1) Skipped school to drive 30 miles to get a vinyl copy of Satanic Majesties in 1980.
2) Went to local music shop at 7 a.m. on day ER was released forgetting shop didn't open till 10.
3) Screamed so long at 1981 show I fainted at the end.
4) Made my wife wait in the beer line in 1989.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-10-10 09:17 by Zack.

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: October 10, 2009 09:22

my ears.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: October 10, 2009 09:33

In 1972, when I told my high school Government teach that I had to miss his class the next day because of a personal reason, knowing me and my taste in music, he pulled out his wallet, handed me some cash and asked me to buy a ticket to the Stones show for him while I'm at it.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: October 10, 2009 13:16

My defining moment when I realized I was infected deep within my psyche by the Stones...when I flew to Shanghai to see them...

Date: October 10, 2009 15:35

Hi Steve Cardi, you waited 14 years until posting, yet never left, haha...that right there is your cred.
BTW - I Think I'm Goin Mad isn't that hard to find if you don't mind boots. Both versions.
And to whitem8 - I wish I could say "I flew to Shanghai to see the Stones". What a great line.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: October 10, 2009 15:46

sweetcharmedlife
tatters
Credentials? I ain't got no credentials. I don't need no credentials. I don't have to show you ANY STINKING CREDENTIALS!

Your hired.

LOL. You DO know that that's a line from an old movie, right? Except in the movie it's "Badges? We ain't got no badges. We don't need no badges. I don't have to show you ANY STINKING BADGES!" If anyone still doesn't "get it" just google "we don't need no stinking badges" or words to that effect.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: October 10, 2009 17:23

Hey Mickschick, I did not forget Charlie - he wasn't there first.

Obviously you don't know or remember that.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: October 10, 2009 17:45

Paid $9.00 for my first Stones show. $450 for the last one. And will again.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: October 10, 2009 18:04

More Hot Rocks
Paid $9.00 for my first Stones show. $450 for the last one. And will again.

You made me start thinking about all monies spent involving the Stones, which includes Tickets including Date's Ticket, Concessions, Gasoline, CDs, Albums, Magazines, etc... Not complaining but the League Office has spent well into the thousands for Stones activities, which the comish does not regret. It seems to me costs started rising unusually high with the Steel Wheels Tour.

Posted by: SeanC ()
Date: October 10, 2009 19:09

I stood outside a hotel in Wellington New Zealand for 9 hours (and needed a piss bt the second hour but didnt move) just to get a glimpse of Ronnie and Charlie.
AND.....I love Dirty Work and Jaggers Primitive Cool!!

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: October 10, 2009 21:06

SeanC
I love Dirty Work and Jaggers Primitive Cool!!

now THAT is a credential

Date: October 10, 2009 21:11

Nobody has snorted their Dad's ashes yet?
You people disgust me!
And you call yourselves fans....
Surf on over to Blink 182 or Lady GaGa.com
Go Now...Get Goin!!!

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: October 10, 2009 21:24

tatters
sweetcharmedlife
tatters
Credentials? I ain't got no credentials. I don't need no credentials. I don't have to show you ANY STINKING CREDENTIALS!

Your hired.

LOL. You DO know that that's a line from an old movie, right? Except in the movie it's "Badges? We ain't got no badges. We don't need no badges. I don't have to show you ANY STINKING BADGES!" If anyone still doesn't "get it" just google "we don't need no stinking badges" or words to that effect.

Oh yeah I remember it. I use that line all the time myself. Or variations there of.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: October 10, 2009 22:21

sweetcharmedlife
tatters
sweetcharmedlife
tatters

Your hired.

Oh yeah I remember it. I use that line all the time myself. Or variations there of.

Oh S#!t, we forgot the dimes, will somebody go back and get the dimes!?!

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: October 10, 2009 22:59

I was there for their ascendence and the Golden Era, which was one of the highlights of my youth, and have been to shows in Australia, NZ, Europe, and the US.

I saw a show on Mick's solo tour.

I have everything on original vinyl up to Steel Wheels, all in excellent condition.

I have a huge collection of Stones books, many rare and long out-of-print.

I have had some personal contact (shhhh...).

Posted by: tussler ()
Date: October 10, 2009 22:59

1990 Valle Hovin, Oslo
1995 Valle Hovin, Oslo
1998 Valle Hovin, Oslo
2003 Parken, Copenhagen
2006 Twickenham, London
2007 Nya Ullevi, Gothenburg
2007 Valle Hovin, Oslo
2010 ????...but there will be one or more...maybe 2011 cause it have to be Europe. Can`t afford to travel to U.S if I don`t win the national lotterywinking smiley

Posted by: tussler ()
Date: October 10, 2009 23:06

work for a respectable accounting firm pwc iceland with dresscodes and everything
and am generally known there as rocker or stonesman
that is pretty devoted ..?

work for a respectable accounting firm pwc iceland...Iceland? Really? Did not know there were any of those in Iceland winking smiley

Just kiddin`with you...buy you a beer next time we are at the same stadium/ Arena smiling smiley

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: October 10, 2009 23:06

Palace Revolution 2000
I've heard of that Jagger fellow. Doesn't he put on make-up, and like girl's clothes?

yeah that one. dances like a girl too...wassup w that?

Posted by: stevecardi ()
Date: October 10, 2009 23:10

Hahah, thanks man. It's not that I don't mind boots....it's that I @#$%&' love boots. One of the best days of my life was when I walked into a NY store, and saw Brussels Affair Definitive Edition, LA Friday, Blinded By Love in Madrid, and In Action all for sale. Needless to say, I walked out with each of them! A few years later, in the same NY store as first mentioned, I found on boot two of the four Stones shows I attended (Boston, September 3 2002, and Boston August 23 2005. The latter has the greatest version of "It's Only Rock 'n' Roll" ever played.)
Yeah, this sight has been one of my frequent internet visits since I was 15. When I heard on the radio that Charlie had quit the Stones, this was where I came to see if it was true.

Posted by: dead.flowers ()
Date: October 10, 2009 23:50

ok, I used to sing stones songs with a heavy loaded garage band on doubtful cellar parties on holiday nights some time ago

does that qualify me

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 11, 2009 00:07

does that qualify me

Only if ya did did a cover of When The Whip Comes Down....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: October 11, 2009 00:12

Hanging out on IORR for some years

Posted by: dead.flowers ()
Date: October 11, 2009 00:25

Only if ya did did a cover of When The Whip Comes Down....

f*** I knew I missed something

I'll make another try later

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: October 11, 2009 01:23

Monkeytonkman

dig the music. Isn't that all that really matters?

Good enough for me.

But having said that, tongue & lips tattoo, stack of books, tapes, LPs, shiny discs, signed photos, photo prints that I should not have (wink), seen them only 6 times but have been in 2 different incarnations of Stones tribute acts... one of which is the nuclei of the original band I have now.

[thepowergoats.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-10-11 01:26 by jamesfdouglas.

Posted by: Ludwig8745 ()
Date: October 11, 2009 01:32

When I was 19 a friend of mine worked for an important bus company near Hannover/Germany and was ordered to pick up the Stones entourage at Hannover/Wunstforf Military Airport.

The Stones played in Hannover in June 1995 during the Voodoo Lounge Tour at that day.
He knew that I was an enthusiastic Stones fan and asked me if I was like to accompany him.
Well, what a question.

The Stones landed in their own Airbus at the Military Airport, two limos arrived, picked up Jagger&Richards, Wood&Watts and the rest of the folks entered our bus (Bobby Keys, Bernard Fowler, Lisa Fisher, Darryl Jones, etc.).

Lisa and Bernard sat right behind me and commented on the wild drive we took to the Niedersachsenstadion ("what a hell of a driver" "we'd be arrested drivin' like that at home" "This isn't correct - see all the anxious people jumping aside" (and several other very, very, very cynical but trenchant remarks about the privileges of the Stones).

We were accompanied by a police helicopter, four police cars and eight police motorbikes.
All important crossroads and roads were strictly blocked by the police in beforehand,
the motorcycled police was clearing the pavements like in a third world regime (pedestrians were jumping aside).
It was just insane.

But it was an experience altogether and gave me insight into this whole Rolling Stones Circus.

Here's a copy of my backstage pass ("Limo 2" was the bus, "Limo 1" was the Stones' Limos" )

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-10-11 01:48 by Ludwig8745.

Posted by: TeaAtThree ()
Date: October 11, 2009 01:41

Cindy C wrote-
"I listened to Je suis un Rock Star once all the way through once.
Also, I bought Primitive Cool and didn't throw it out after listening."

I had no idea that Cindy C and I were exactly the same person! I've always secretly wanted to be a woman for one day.

T@3

Posted by: studiorambo ()
Date: October 11, 2009 11:58

I've been Jag's @#$%& double for his personal appearances in Australia since Voodoo.

Posted by: guyrachel ()
Date: October 11, 2009 12:18

Since 1977, wrote the lyrics to the song Some Girls in my Latin book, and my teacher said that I needed psycho sexual counselling.

Saw them twice in 1982, Roundhay Park, then Wembley, bought all Jagger's solo stuff, love WS and Goddess. Saw them twice in 1990, first in Urban Jungle then the remount Steel Wheels, saw them in 1995 at Wembley and Brixton, saw them in 1999 at Wembley and Sheperds Bush, saw them at Wembley arena twice in 2003, at Twickenham in 2006 and twice at the O2, including the last concert from the front row of the mini stage, my girlfriend now wife has seen them the last three times with me, I met Ian Stewart, Keith Richards, and shook Charlie's hand twice. Looking forward to their next visit.

Posted by: Roll73 ()
Date: October 11, 2009 13:35

1) I once refused a bj from a girlfriend to avoid being late for a Stones gig (Osaka March '98)
2) I bought Goddess in the Doorway
3) I own a half smoked cigarette that Mick Taylor discarded during a solo gig in London

I think I need help...

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 3 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1976
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home