Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

First Concert Footage on Days of Our Lives
Posted by: gut ()
Date: December 16, 2005 19:21

Today, according to that article, is the first day of the Stones LA concert on Days of Our Lives.

Will return with reviewed details once it airs.....

#......Go ahead....Bite the Big Apple....Don't mind the Maggots.....Uh Huh...#

Re: First Concert Footage on Days of Our Lives
Posted by: cirrhosis ()
Date: December 16, 2005 20:32

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-12-23 00:58 by cirrhosis.

Date: December 16, 2005 23:41

Oh my God, it was hideous.......but I'll keep tuning it for the whole glorious train-wreckness of it.

For Europeans not acquainted with American soap operas, they are unbelievably tacky and nonsensical. I'm acqauinted with it because my wife has been watching DOOL for over 20 years and it has seeped thru to my brain.

Now n Gory detail:

The lame show intersects the Stones concert storyline with a baby-in-mortal peril story and a Christmas auto accident story....very lame, I know....

Its ome sort of romantic rectangle between 4 star-crossed lovers who happen to be at the same Stones concert. One pair win evidently front-row tickets from a Katrina Charity benefit and the other couple uses his incredible business contacts to get prime tix one hour before the show...yeah, right.

They all claim to be huge Stones fans, so the story goes. In one cheezey flashback scene, the divorced couple think back to their good old days when they were listening to Tattoo You on vinyl lp thru earphones. They are listening to it, but the viewer can't even hear the music....but you do get to see the Tattoo You lp cover.

When the concert finally begins you get to see lots of characters in Stones T-Shirts. The concert footage sounds terrible and looks to be shot in hand-held video camera,it is so shaky. They opened with "Start Me Up" and you can't even get to enjoy it long, because they cut back to the baby in the hospital scene and the auto accident.

Over the ending credits, they showed scenes from next Monday when the ex-husband is shocked to see his ex-wife dancing on the big concert screen....while the Stones are playing "Oh NO Not You Again"........

Yes, the whole thing is worse as it seems and is worse than the Beverly Hills 90210 crap from 1994. But I have to admit I want to see how much lower DOOL will go.

Posted by: Jack Knife ()
Date: December 17, 2005 04:48

How many people do you think will be prompted by this embarrassing "commercial" for 'A Bigger Bang' to go out and actually buy the CD? I'll wager next week's sales will prove probably not one. Same thing the week after the Super Bowl appearance-- which I cringe to think about...wrong ocassion, wrong crowd, wrong venue, wrong band.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: December 17, 2005 04:52

What a horrific and truly vile picture Gut paints!

I think I've just barfed up the Chinese takeaway that I had this evening...

"the horror, the horror..."

Date: December 17, 2005 06:06

-

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2007-12-23 00:58 by cirrhosis.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: December 17, 2005 06:07

heres hoping she crashed into the twit who thought this would be a great career move!

Date: December 17, 2005 06:10

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-12-23 01:23 by cirrhosis.

Date: December 17, 2005 09:11

Oh God, Cirrhosis and Gazza, this is soap opera time....all of the couples can marry, have babies and divorce by the end of the show!

I have to admit...I'm hooked....its a train wreck but I have to watch the next Stones episodes to see how this wretched mess turns out.

Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: December 17, 2005 09:32

Like sands through the hourglass, so goes the Stones tacky appearance on Days of Our Lives.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: December 17, 2005 11:34

Lame. But funny.

JumpingKentFlash

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1882
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home