Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Definite Brussels Is Awesome
Posted by: OpenG ()
Date: December 13, 2005 13:01

Put the headsets on and listen to Definite Brussels from 1973.The band rocks and Taylor is brilliant on every song.Taylor even does a melodic scale at the end of
Rip this Joint.On SFM he goes wild at the end and the song ends with his piercing
guitar line. On Midnight rambler is licks bleed and GS what an expressive solo.
His slide on BS sets the mood for the night on the opening track.

There is guitar interplay on every song put on the headsets and listen to what was once the greatest rock and roll band .

Re: Definite Brussels Is Awesome
Posted by: phd ()
Date: December 13, 2005 13:59

This is the ultimate Live album of what still is the greatest rock band due to eternal versions of YCAGWYW ( Keith intro and riffs, Taylor at his best on his unbeatable solo with Keith joining in), GS and TD.

Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: December 13, 2005 14:04

Every once in a while we need a thread reasserting the obvious. Yes, Brussels is the greatest on all levels. Jagger, Keith, Taylor, Wyman and Charlie are the BEST. And I don't forget about Nicky, Bobby, Jim and Stu either. The setlist is A triple plus, and they were never performed better. There!

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: December 13, 2005 14:11

have got various samples, from this, but not the whole "Definite" cd.
Anyone know where i can get it on cd? thanks.

Posted by: Ringo ()
Date: December 13, 2005 14:54

Perhaps you can get the bootleg at [stonesconcerts.com].

Posted by: KevStonesFan ()
Date: December 13, 2005 15:08

ChelseaDrugStore made a great comment here that I hadn't considered before - In comparison, the Stones' "back-up band" for the 72 / 73 tours was absolutely awesome. To me, they really fit musically with the style of the band - much more so than the highly polished session guys that tour with them now. Rounded out the sound of the band live without being over the top (Chuck)

Great point Chelsea...it's the little things that matter big

Posted by: vox12string ()
Date: December 13, 2005 16:28

There are so many versions of Brussels '73 it's not funny. I got my Definite Brussels off WinMx & even the mp3 is very nice thank you.

Posted by: MCDDTLC ()
Date: December 13, 2005 18:32

Agree with everything said here, but that Gimme Shelter version from
Wembley 1973, never heard the whole show,but just off that song, that must have been some night also!!!!

MLC

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1623
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home