Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Janis Died 39 Years Ago
Date: October 3, 2009 19:42

In the early hours of 4/10/70. Mimi Farina wrote "In the Quiet Morning" for her. I still miss Janis.

"The wonder of Jimi Hendrix was that he could stand up at all he was so pumped full of drugs." Patsy, Patsy Stone

Re: OT: Janis Died 39 Years Ago
Posted by: tatters ()
Date: October 3, 2009 19:53

Is there some special significance to a 39th anniversary? Let's talk about this next year.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: October 4, 2009 01:34

i've always liked 39 better than 40, so let's go ahead with this one....

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: October 4, 2009 01:39

I think of Janis fairly often.
Imagine those years 1969-71.. So much losses for rock music...

Posted by: yorkey ()
Date: October 4, 2009 12:45

Wow I just got I Got Dem Ol' Kozmic Blues Again Mama! and Good Girls Go To Heaven, Bad Ones To Everywhere albums yesterday. I didn't know it was today.

I love her, really I do. There was no other woman as the was after her.

You got the Sun, You got the Moon,
and you've got
The Rolling Stones

Date: October 4, 2009 18:24

tatters
Is there some special significance to a 39th anniversary? Let's talk about this next year.

Yes, let's talk about Ronnie's hair, Keith's nose, Mick's hair. That's far more intersting to you, isn't it? >grinning smiley<

"The wonder of Jimi Hendrix was that he could stand up at all he was so pumped full of drugs." Patsy, Patsy Stone

Posted by: yorkey ()
Date: October 4, 2009 19:15

The Menace of Mayfair
tatters

Yes, let's talk about Ronnie's hair, Keith's nose, Mick's hair. That's far more intersting to you, isn't it? >grinning smiley<

I agree. And Janis was a legend that shouldn't only be missed or talked about every 10 years thereafter.

You got the Sun, You got the Moon,
and you've got
The Rolling Stones

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: October 4, 2009 19:16

Well, the 39th year is the END of that time, so it actually is forty.

Well, for birthdays anyway.

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: October 5, 2009 00:55

she cleaned up; was feeling postive...decided to chip...fell over like a rag doll on the motel bed dead before the bed stopped shaking from the fall

Posted by: Ringo ()
Date: October 5, 2009 03:22

Date: October 5, 2009 04:12

Another "OT" being spit on. Let people have there say, like it or not.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: October 5, 2009 10:40

Beelyboy
she cleaned up; was feeling postive...decided to chip...fell over like a rag doll on the motel bed dead before the bed stopped shaking from the fall

Yeah and unfortunately, there was a particularly bad batch of H going around the circles at that time, with quite a few street casualties. Very sad! I love her music and one of the unique voices of rock from a woman. Pearl was probably her best disc, finally with a band that could hear her visions.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: October 5, 2009 11:21

Ohh, I listened to Big Brother and The Holding Companys great debutalbum yesterday without knowing that..

2 1 2 0

Posted by: HEILOOBAAS ()
Date: October 5, 2009 19:08

Beelyboy

Some things don't add up. Why was she holding the $4.50 from the cigs she purchased when she returned to her room & undressed into her nightie? Who removed the drugs from the room & replaced them?

Somebody else was there & people know lots more than they're telling, if they're still alive.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2029
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home