Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Who would quit the Stones?
Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: November 9, 2005 02:34

Even if you couldn't get writing credits, why would any sane person quit the Stones after only 5 years??? I think anyone who quit the Stones should be banned from this site. We shouldn't even talk about him anymore. I mean, he was great, but that was a LONG time ago! Oh well, now I'll get ripped up by the Taylorites.

Re: Who would quit the Stones?
Posted by: chippy ()
Date: November 9, 2005 02:41

4 those of us that seen & heard that superior guitar god ,,,,let us rejoice

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: November 9, 2005 02:44

I'm not knocking his fantastic playing, just his decision making.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: November 9, 2005 02:45

Part of the problem may have been that he wasnt 'sane' and had a drug habit at the time which may have affected his judgement. I think he has more or less implied that getting out of the band when he did may have saved his life.

Also, by that time the Stones had been going for 12 years. In 1974, that was unheard of. It sounds ludicrous now when we're talking about a band who have been around for over four decades, but not many people in 1974 would have thought there was a lot more mileage in a band that had been together that long.

Even back then the Stones were endlessly being asked whether this was their 'last tour' etc.

Taylor may have thought there was more career longevity in playing blues than in playing in a rock/pop band which was still aimed at a relatively young audience

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: November 9, 2005 02:53

To say he had bad judgement is an understatement. I still think he was far and away the best . Even today when I see the Video of Ladies(beavers) and Gentlemen he still proves that he was the best. I know it is popular to bash Ron Wood but he couldn't hold Mick Taylors Jock Strap. I have always look at Ron Wood as just a joke. He has done a couple of nice things but for the most part I think he is just a clown. I think he shot hisload on the first tour he did with the Stones. At the time he was only supposed to be a temp so they could tour. The should have dumped him after that tour.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1297
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home