Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

I have to own up ABB
Posted by: john nicholls ()
Date: November 6, 2005 18:47

Well it's been 2 months since the release of a bigger bang and I have to own up, I'm starting to like this album. There were only maybe 3 songs I enjoyed when I first listened to this, they were RJ,BOMH and Laugh I nearly died. Now I really think there are a lot of good songs to be heard, Let me down slow, wont take long, rain fall down and biggest mistake all sound good to me. Anyone else agree with me or heaven forbid disagree????????

John (Stjohnswood)

Re: I have to own up ABB
Posted by: farawayeyes2 ()
Date: November 6, 2005 18:49

well john let e down slow and biggest mistake aren't too good to me, but i absolutely love that album!

Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: November 6, 2005 18:50

i loved it at first...now i'm back playing s.fingers, exile, tsmr, black n blue, iorr and even flowers........i'll go back to it again and i now at least love all tracks on bang except 1...

Posted by: James Lynn ()
Date: November 7, 2005 00:05

I love it. Think its awesome! Better than I anticipated. James

Posted by: guy ()
Date: November 7, 2005 01:15

It's the best album they've made since GHS, better than SG in my op. Also biggest mistake and LMDS are 2 of the finest tracks. Even the poorer tracks stand up well, have much to recommend and/or are growers! The poorer tracks are LWTCDI, DB, SSMC, although now that I think, they're all pretty good, Infamy is a grower and TPIE is fab, great to hear MJ AND KR singing together, with KR on lead vocals. The guitar work is often understated but very exciting, loads of weaving!

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: November 7, 2005 01:41

to be honest, i really really like all the songs on ABB. Even SOL has grown on me tremendously. I think its a great album. Its not Beggars to Exile period, but its just as good as SG and Tattoo YOu.

Posted by: Roger457 ()
Date: November 7, 2005 02:05

I agree with all of you. I like it better than Some Girls & Tattoo You. I think this really IS the best album since Exile. As the reviewer for USA Today said...."ABB isn't Exile but it does put them back in the zipcode."

Sums it up for me...

Roger

Posted by: 4tylix ()
Date: November 7, 2005 02:18

My original belief remains the same...best since Tattoo You along with Voodoo Lounge. To say it's better than Some Girls is really quite surprising. ABB's rockers are great, but not equal to WTHWCD or Respectable and no ballad comes close to BOB. That said, I love ABB.

Posted by: tumbled ()
Date: November 7, 2005 06:28

I feel like this album pulses into a lot of the recent shit I have been thru
breakingup, selling the house, having a beautiful affair you know, if you haven't been thru that sort of emotion. but anyway, I gotta say, its captured for me that emptiness, the new, the need to move on. its quite righton for me at least transcendental. which is always the best stones there is and why I for one appreciate them. they carry you beyond. .. which is a beauty.

Posted by: Chas ()
Date: November 7, 2005 18:58

Best album after Tattoo You. I really like 80% of songs. One of the worst packages/"artwork", though.

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: November 7, 2005 19:02

tumbled Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I feel like this album pulses into a lot of the
> recent shit I have been thru
> breakingup, selling the house, having a beautiful
> affair you know, if you haven't been thru that
> sort of emotion. but anyway, I gotta say, its
> captured for me that emptiness, the new, the need
> to move on. its quite righton for me at least
> transcendental. which is always the best stones
> there is and why I for one appreciate them. they
> carry you beyond. .. which is a beauty.

This is the best "A Bigger Bang" review I've read so far!

Posted by: phd ()
Date: November 7, 2005 19:20

I think Let Me Down Slow is greatly underestimated. It is to me an over-the-age standard middle tempo r&r stones song. Should sound well in an intimate arena coupled with Dead Flowers and/or Mixed Emotions

Posted by: bassaleman ()
Date: November 7, 2005 19:33

At first I could only listen to the fast numbers.After a week had gone by I stopped skipping tunes and after that, I let the whole disc play from song one right thru to the end. And when the disc is over ,I say to myself...wow i can't believe how fast the time goes listening to it.The disc is over before you know it. This really is the best Stones disc since Tattoo You. I really like every song . I hope they can do it again...By the way. I missed hearing Don't Stop so I burned a copy of ABB and put it on the end which makes it just as good...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1361
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home