Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

BJ and Jimi
Posted by: liddas ()
Date: October 25, 2005 14:30

I was sick at home yesterday, and saw an interesting documentary on the making of Jimi's Electric Ladyland.

At one point they were playing some outtakes of Watchtower. On one suddenly there is a completely out of time piano struggling to keep the beat.

Guess who the pianist was? Brian Jones!

It was said that he tried that part several times before giving up.

Maybe it was the piano that had been drinking ... but now I know why his "famous" part was deleted.

Anyway, the interesting thing was that BJ was described as someone always fascinated by rythm.

C

Re: BJ and Jimi
Posted by: llaushin ()
Date: October 25, 2005 15:02

interesting ,didn't know that

Posted by: LA FORUM ()
Date: October 25, 2005 15:06

It's not really out of rythm, it's called back rythm. Maybe a bit out of rythm but this was in 1968 and the man was suffering. Sounded pretty cool to me and a nice idea, a piano on that song.

Posted by: Potted Shrimp ()
Date: October 25, 2005 15:07

listen to the two takes of Littel one (jan. 1968). It's BJ and Jimi together on this song (vgp: Brain Jones is not dead)

Date: October 25, 2005 16:06

The only take of "all along the wtachtower" that is available is that one, other takes with Brian on percussion are not available, the one in Sout Saturn Delta has no Brian

BTW, If someone want to hear those takes of My Little One mentioned by Potted Shrimp check this space for Jimi and The Rolling Stones, download and play them they are great with Jimi, Brian, Dave Mason and Mitch Mitchell. [www.rocksoff.org]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1394
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home