Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Are These The Worst New Posts By Mathijs Ever?
Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: October 25, 2005 02:45

It slowly struck me. I haven't read every post Mathijs has ever written, but from all I've seen of them his posts are slowly going downhill. Are these the worst ever posts Mathijs has done? Logically, I find his reasoning appaling. To me, his posts miss everything I love in a good thread. They don't swing, they don't rock, they just don't do anything for me. For me, Mathijs is the first to blame, but also Gazza just isn't any good anymore. I read some threads Mathijs wrote about how much the Stones suck, then compared them to similar posts from the past, and the difference is striking. Mathijs is probably at the same level he had during the Euro leg of the Licks Tour, but of course he had deteriorated by then also. I find all his posts just drunken men's noise.

Why on earth would anyone read a Mathijs post in 2005? He now denies the reason why he became one of the biggest posters on the board. It reminds me too much of Michael Jackson changing the colour of his skin on his older albums. Of McCartney changing the "Lennon/McCartney" credits to "Macca/Lennon". Of that terrible "have they had hair implants" thread. If Mathijs denies what made him great, will he ever write anything worthwhile again? He has become an awful, whiny complainer, with all the integrity of a money grabbing Las Vegas act. This has nothing to do with the postings I loved so much. Mathijs has become an appaling crying, bitching machine.

P.S. He should be replaced immediately by Mick Taylor. smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-10-25 02:47 by ohnonotyouagain.

Re: Are These The Worst New Posts By Mathijs' Ever?
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 25, 2005 02:48

Laughin' man....Good one.

ROCKMAN

Re: Are These The Worst New Posts By Mathijs Ever?
Posted by: Markdog ()
Date: October 25, 2005 02:50

Q: How many guitarists does it take to change a light bulb?
A: Twenty. One to change the bulb and nineteen to say, "Not bad, but I could've done better".

Posted by: chippy ()
Date: October 25, 2005 02:58

hey i no how mathijs feels ..im been listening 2 all my Beethoven boots ,,, they r all audience recordings mind u & i gotta tell ya,,,, he was the worst composer ever

Posted by: tomee ()
Date: October 25, 2005 03:12

He only did the 9th for the money!

Date: October 25, 2005 03:14

If Mathijs didn't post on IORR, there would be one fewer fan here who actually knows what he's talking about. Now if Mathijs started a thread with 'Best Stones Songs' OR 'OT Macca/U2/etc" then I'd be worried for him and us. IORR should be about balance.

Posted by: tomee ()
Date: October 25, 2005 03:15

Worried about someone for their opinion about music????

Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: October 25, 2005 03:22

tomee Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Worried about someone for their opinion about
> music????

No, I actually enjoy his posts, even though I don't agree with him. It is a joke. I am just screwing around. I was sitting here thinking "how would he like it if someone said the kind of stuff about him he says about the Stones?" I figured he would probably think it was funny, so I basically just took chunks of his post and replaced the word "Stones" with "Mathijs." He is just trying to stir everyone up. And so am I!

Posted by: Markdog ()
Date: October 25, 2005 03:23

It would not be as enjoyable to read these posts without different points of view. It would be better though if the anger was kept in check. They are JUST opinions.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: October 25, 2005 03:30

>For me, Mathijs is the first to blame, but also Gazza just isn't any good anymore.

LOL

Unfortunately, there are too many IORR readers who just live in the past and yearn for the "golden era" of posting. Wake up folks, its over and it aint comin' back

Its also pointless complaining that theres not enough diversity in these guys' posts anymore. Just take a look back at the sort of posts these guys were making back in the "golden era" of 1972. It was the same posts every day, and they werent as lengthy either...and no one complained! These people are still posting now and theyre doing it, not for the money, ego or glory, but solely to entertain all of us who happen to be reading it at the time - not for those of you who feel the need to analyse EVERY single post, even if you're not even there to read it. I mean, how can we take such people seriously?

Just be glad these old guys are still around to give you something to bitch and whine about, because when they're gone there wont be anyone else to do it...

and yeah, they get a lot of attention - but so what, theyre worth it!

(This post is an irony-free zone...)

Posted by: stickydion ()
Date: October 25, 2005 03:42

Mathijs very often denies himself: just look at 2-3 his reviews from Licks Tour. After reading this stuff see his posts about the band! But he has the right to be here, like anyone else. Everyone has the right to criticize or to praise what he want and the others have the right to criticize or to praise him, if they want. So simple.

After hearing some boots from this tour, i agree with the first post (about the tour) of Mathijs - titled "Boston", if i remember correctly. His last post about how bad (!) the tour is, seems completely untenable to me. But he has the right to be here, like anyone else.

Posted by: drake ()
Date: October 25, 2005 06:56

Its sad to see someone complaining so much about their supposed favorite band. The tour is great. Everyone who goes is enjoying it. Overall it just seems there are a ton of crappy threads as of late. I think alot of people heard about iorr.org from the Toronto radio fiasco who are hardcore fans. So we get these pisspoor posts. "y r da stones da greatist", "vibrato", "mick taylor is god" and "is this the worst tour ever". I know I'm not the only one.

Posted by: LA FORUM ()
Date: October 25, 2005 11:50

Bla bla bla. Mathjis wrote a good post. Period. If you want good reviwes then read BVs reviews and dont go to the forum and see Mathjis;

[iorr.org]

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: October 25, 2005 11:56

I enjoy Mathijs' post very much. I just don't agree with him many times.

BTW: When and what is "The Golden Era of Posting"???

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: October 25, 2005 12:17

Said it before and will say it again; Mathijs' views on the the way the Stones are playing these days as perhaps to how they've played in the past are "partially" blighted by the fact he has played in a Stones tribute band. All this really means is that the majority of us who let's say for arguments sake (a) don't play guitar and (b) don't play in a Stones trib band are probably not quite as capable of "tuning in" to the actual level of musicianship displayed by the band in both the past and present as either Mathijs himself or someone "like" Mathijs. His views are perfectly valid, his criticisms are equally valid, albeit that they stem from his own rather unique perspective. All I'm saying therefore is that they're not perhaps the easiest of criticisms to reconcile with the pleasure that the majority of us get when we go and see a 2 hour show today on the ABB tour. Our pleasure by contrast stems largely from the fact that (a) we're seeing our heroes, (b) they're "still out there", they're playing their asses off ................ etc etc. Who @#$%& up which chord change and who bungles which solo isn't QUITE the issue with "us the majority" as no doubt it is with Mathijs the guitarist in a Stones trib band. There's no rights or wrongs in any of this, it's just a matter of varying perspectives and views.

Posted by: Thommie ()
Date: October 25, 2005 12:36

Mathij's posts are often refreshing for this board.
But this post is ... just great. One of the funniest I've read!

Date: October 25, 2005 12:40

Drake says: "Its sad to see someone complaining so much about their supposed favorite band. The tour is great. Everyone who goes is enjoying it."

É haven't seen the Stones on this tour yet, but after hearing some boots i say yes, the band sounds great. High standards, energy, rock feeling, truly good guitars being higher on the mix. Also i see everywhere positive or enthousiastic reviews and comments. I suppose the 99.9 % of every's concert crowd would lough reading Mathijs'last post. But, i say it again, Mathijs has the right to be here and to post everywhat he wants, like anyone else.

Posted by: Bärs ()
Date: October 25, 2005 12:59

Well, when Mathijs went from completely slaughtering ABB ("The Stones are now finished as a recording band") to praising it ("I truly, truly like this album"), I understood that it's a bit too much emotions involved for him to make balanced judgements, whatever musical expertise he might have. But I appriciate his ability to start discussions and think he's an imprtant figure on the forum.

Posted by: Muddyw ()
Date: October 25, 2005 13:01

Why do you post a thread about a fan on this board? I thought this board is about our favorite band The Rolling Stones! Please leave it to that, don't go analyzing a person or his critics who just loves the Stones in his own way!

Write a thread about the Stones.

Date: October 25, 2005 13:02

paulywaul says: "Mathijs' views on the the way the Stones are playing these days as perhaps to how they've played in the past"

Yes, but everyone who lives always in the past is idealiazing the past. Why the hell must i believe, for example, that Love You Live's nerveless version of Tumbilng Dice is better than TD nowadays?? Just hear...

Thommie says: "Mathij's posts are often refreshing for this board"
Unfortunately they are not anymore, i think. Not because Mathijs is critical of course but because he never says something different, something new anymore. I don't say something positive, i say even a new argument to support his nagging. The same blah, blah about Ronnie, Daryl, Keith and "Las Vegas act". Very often with the same words. What kind of refreshing is that?

Posted by: OpenG ()
Date: October 25, 2005 13:16

The truth will set your free - I come to this board to read Mathis and Gazza
posts and others which often open up my mind to new ideas and thoughts about the current stones.

Posted by: StonesLicks2002 ()
Date: October 25, 2005 13:53

Oh yes, is a very refresh idea to replace Ronnie with Mick Taylor, yes great idea, of course..... too much original, I think.

Oh yes, these ideas open my mind too: "This tour is a shit", "Stones sucks", "Ronnie was drunk", etc... yes, open my mind for sure.

Posted by: OpenG ()
Date: October 25, 2005 14:04

Stoneslicks2002 - Read all there posts and you will learn something .

since you must like the 2002 tour with your address name - watch woody's two
note solo on TB from Twickendam its sad sad sad.Watch his solo on hand of fate
from Paris its dreadful.This is not bullshit but actual tapped live performances
that went PUBLIC on DVD.

Listen to WOODY"S solo on Dead Flowers see the THREAD below its terrible and
its from the current tour.His solo on Sway etc.

Date: October 25, 2005 14:17

Well, I'm on the road with the Stones since 1989, and of course I think I must learn, as you say.

I really think we must put a Ronnie in a music alcohol reability school. It's obvious. He has no feeling, he isn't a Rolling Stone, is a piece of shit, is always drunk, has no attitude, and one of the worst guitar player, everybody knows.

So, I think Mick Taylor must be back to the Stones, or even better, Mathijs must replace Ronnie !!! Yessss, it could be great with the Master of Guitar Player !!!

Keith and Ronnie have all I love from a Rock n' Roll guitar player. If you want the perfect studio solo, go to see Satriani. I prefer the Stones feeling.

Posted by: Potted Shrimp ()
Date: October 25, 2005 14:23

Mathijs is rather good in creating Mixed Emotions. I do not always agree with the way he makes his point, but his opinions about the last tour are valid i.m.h.o. He probably makes these threads because he loves the Stones. I'll bet he will still be going to see them in Europe next year!

Posted by: dj ()
Date: October 25, 2005 14:27

I have a problem throwing Mathijs and Gazza in the same category. Mathijs' posts are virtually 100% dissenting and critical. There has to be some redeeming factor in this band, doesn't there? On the other hand, Gazza's posts are usually more objective and well thought out.

Posted by: capsula ()
Date: October 25, 2005 14:40

I think that all those of you that are writing here should first read all the post of those you are insulting. I describe myself as a person really interested in the stones music. I know that they are the only known band that still plays toguether with no official break, and that they have been the greatest. Also, I think that I have some musical knowledge, enough to say that if they were a new group, I would not pay hundreds of dollars or euros for a ticket or a boot. I remember reading somewhere Keith critics to the first Jagger alone albums: he said that they were really bad because Mick only had flattering people around. I think that something similar happens in this forum. In my opinion, although I continue going to their concerts and buying boots, they seem now to be a band that only plays for money and show, and that doesn't make good efforts to play good music.

Date: October 25, 2005 14:49

Yes, you're right. The Stones are my life, but they aren't perfect. If they were perfect sure I don't like them. I love the Stones, and I'm open to the critics.
I respect when people say "I don't like Stones" or "I don't like this tune, this lyric", etc..., but I don't know why other guys say "Stones sucks", "This tour is a shit".... If you don't like the Stones shows you can tell us, but how can anybody say Stones shows are shit?

Date: October 25, 2005 14:54

In the same way that I think that Britney music (and not her body) is shit, someone can say that the stones are shit. I don't understand that, but they can tell it. Although I also think that other words should be used. Maybe they don't have received enogh formal education.

Date: October 25, 2005 15:01

Anyway, as the wellcome to new york lp says: the shit is good, millions of flyes cant be wrong. Don't worry so much about shit or not shit. In the sameway that you don't understand how someone can describe the stones as shit, maybe someone doesnt understand that for some of us the stones play an important role in our lifes. I read Mathijs posts and they are not offensive. He knows about music, loves music, and I'm not sure that the stones are doing music, but only mimics.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1428
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home