Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

-MICK TAYLOR NEWS-
Posted by: redrum ()
Date: October 13, 2005 18:09

Hello,
13 Oct 2005--11:10am EST

Just pulled these dates off [www.dpagency.fi]

About even dates added since last "Stones Vikings" post , on 25 Sep 05.

"WENTUS BLUES BAND (FIN) feat. MICK TAYLOR (UK)

12.11 Levi, Hullu Areena Blues Festival, FIN
07.12 Göteborg, Sticky Fingers, SWE
08.12 Stockholm, Fasching, SWE
09.12 Karlstad, Plaza, SWE
10.12 tba
11.12 Gnesta, Teater, SWE
12.12 Söderhamn, Södra Teatern, SWE
14.12 Falun, Harrys, SWE
15.12 Visby, Munkkällaren, SWE
16.12 Västerås, Village, SWE
17.12 Umeå, Droskan, SWE "

Cheers

redrum

Re: -MICK TAYLOR NEWS-
Date: October 13, 2005 18:32

Correction:

Above should read: "About seven dates added..."

Posted by: stonethobo ()
Date: October 13, 2005 18:36

Never heard of these stadiums. lol.

Date: October 13, 2005 18:38

Yeah, nor have I! (ha-ha) Except I've heard of 'Sticky Fingers".

Posted by: OpenG ()
Date: October 13, 2005 18:47

AT least those venues with NO NAMES will have blistering,piercing guitar lines
rocketing against those damp,dark,murky walls by a guy that can still play live
with his head down not posing for PRAISE.LOL

Date: October 13, 2005 18:51

Yes, Mick Taylor is a true blues man...I wish he'd come back to the States...

Posted by: Miss U. ()
Date: October 13, 2005 19:03

Lately he seems to only play in Finland & Sweden.

Date: October 13, 2005 19:15

Yes, I don't know what to say about that. 2005 has been a very quiet year for Taylor. I think he played with John Mayall over here in the States this summer--a 'one-off" gig. There was also a solo show of his this year in Belguim (see Nicos "Taylor Made Works" page).

He hasn't done a real solo tour of United States since about 2000, or 2001.
Perhaps the December gigs are in preparation for a more exstensive tour in 2006?

Posted by: wisertime ()
Date: October 13, 2005 19:24

He's better when he plays in a band, not solo.
I heard a few years ago a cd he recorded with a german group, it was very good, if anyone can give more informations about it ..

Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: October 13, 2005 20:37

redrum Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> "WENTUS BLUES BAND (FIN) feat. MICK TAYLOR (UK)

Wow, Taylor doesn't even get first billing over the Wentus Blues Band, whoever they are. It's not "Mick Taylor feat. the Wentus Blues Band," it's "Wentus Blues Band feat. Mick Taylor." How the mighty have fallen.

Reminds me of the part in the movie Spinal Tap where they are playing county fairs and the sign says "Puppet Show and Spinal Tap' and one of the band members is screaming "It was supposed to say "Spinal Tap and Puppet Show!" Sad.

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: October 13, 2005 20:44

Wentus are excellent, they play with many guests:

[wentus.cjb.net]

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Date: October 13, 2005 20:44

The itinerary on the webpage was basically for the Wentus Blues Band. They play several dates on their own, joined later by Taylor. I think you'll see Mick Talyor's name up front during promotion once we get closer to the dates of the shows. It's Mick's show--Wentus Blues Band play his songs or songs he's covered in the past and Mick Taylor is out front and sings/solos.

Posted by: OpenG ()
Date: October 13, 2005 20:53

MICK TAYLOR FORMER LEAD GUITARIST ROLLING STONES - HE HAS EARNED THAT BILLING
WHENEVER HE CHOOSES AND WHEREVER HIS CAREER TAKES HIM AND TO HAVE TOP BILLING
WITH ANY BAND HE PLAYS WITH.

Even when Taylor was in the stones on the 72 tour - the @#$%& writers in the
local papers many times referred to keith richards as the lead guitarist thats
so damm WRONG.

Posted by: mago ()
Date: October 13, 2005 21:21

This will be Mick Taylors fourth tour in Sweden in five years! Lucky us living in Sweden. Last year I saw him with Wentus at Fasching and it was really great. It´s going to be great this time too, I have already made reservations. Just amazing that he choose to come hear the darkest time of the year. All these four tours have been either in November or December.

Posted by: Reptile ()
Date: October 13, 2005 21:38

Sure this is THE Mick Taylor?

Date: October 13, 2005 22:23

Yes, "the" Mick Taylor: blues guitarist extrodinaire! Former (and sometimes still) member of John Mayall's Bluesbreakers. Also formerly of the Jack Bruce Band. Has recorded toured with Carla Olson, Todd Sharpville & many others.

I'm not knocking it: but I haven't a clue why he has toured Finland and Sweden so much in recent years! On at least 1 tour, he used his "regular" backing band...on others the Wentus Blues Band. He may love to play with the guys in Wentus, hence the frequency of his touring in Finland/Sweden.

2006 will mark 20 years since he began touring solo. Hopefully, the man will go out on tour in America (its been 4-5 years). I think the fact that he hasn't toured North America in so long may be because he now lives back in the UK.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but in the 1980s and 1990s, he lived in Florida. I don't know what his nationality status was then, but he may have been a U.S. citizen, and thus made it easier to tour the US. With him living outside the US, he would be taxed more heavily if he tours here. I don't know this for a fact, I'm just speculating.

Posted by: Ket ()
Date: October 13, 2005 23:23

ohnonotyouagain Wrote:
> redrum Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------

"It was supposed to say
> "Spinal Tap and Puppet Show!" Sad.

LOL that was classic!!! and the jazz oddesy they played , LOL

But yeah Mick Taylor can't even headline a club show anymore, oh well he is not starving that's for sure. I think he ate his vibratto with a large order of chips

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: October 14, 2005 11:23

Well, personally I don't have anything against the idea that he constantly tours in Finland and Sweden (But hey: only one in Finland this time, and far in north!!??). smiling smiley

But, I hope that they could vary the setlist a bit more. Now they (Mick with Wentus) are as predictable as his former band that happens to tour in the U.S at the moment. You see, so spoiled we are here that we already are whining about the set list!

Anyway, Taylor seems to enjoy very much playing with Wentus (and the feeling is mutual I've heard). The guitarists share the spot and the solos nicely - there is not any ego thing involved at all. Their version of "Stop Breakin Down" (usually the open song) is a gas. Sounds almsot as.. you do know what! I have only seen Taylor with his regular band only once, and it was a big disappointment (in contrast to his work with Wentus).

And tonight I'm gonna check Bill WYman's Rhythm Kings who happen to be in the town.. (these Rolling Stone drop-outs seems to like Scandinavia smiling smiley)

- Doxa

Posted by: s-asla ()
Date: October 14, 2005 14:09

So you live in Pakkahuone. I'm going to their concert in my hometown next Saturday.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: October 14, 2005 15:15

"So you live in Pakkahuone."

Well, one could say so smiling smiley, but actually Pakkahuone is name for the venue, Tampere is the name of the town.

- Doxa

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: October 14, 2005 15:28

wisertime Wrote:

> I heard a few years ago a cd he recorded with a
> german group, it was very good, if anyone can give
> more informations about it ..

maybe you mean Nikki Sudden. He lives in Berlin, but he is english.
check his site:
[www.nikkisudden.com]

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: October 14, 2005 16:02

redrum Wrote:
> Yes, I don't know what to say about that. 2005 has
> been a very quiet year for Taylor. I think he
> played with John Mayall over here in the States
> this summer--a 'one-off" gig. There was also a
> solo show of his this year in Belguim (see Nicos
> "Taylor Made Works" page).
>
> He hasn't done a real solo tour of United States
> since about 2000, or 2001.
> Perhaps the December gigs are in preparation for a
> more exstensive tour in 2006?

Mick Taylor told me in 2001 that he would never play in the United States again. Had a little "fly-by" conversation while he was signing albums after a gig and somebody said "Hope you come back soon" or some shit, and Taylor says "I'm not playing here again". I asked "Why not?" thinking he meant that he wasn't going to play at my local watering hole anymore and being somewhat offended about that and Taylor clarified himself, saying he meant he wasn't going to play ANYWHERE in the States again! He said that from now on he would only play in Europe, so of course someone said "Well, I guess we'll just have to go to Europe then." @#$%& that! I'm not going to Europe to see Mick Taylor!

Date: October 14, 2005 16:40

Well, thats interesting about what he's said about not playing the US again. I think in '03 he came over and played a few gigs in Canada.

Perhaps he's developed a fear of flying?....caught it from Bill Wyman? (ha!).

Actually, and/or technically he *has* played the US since 2001: this past June 2005, in Chicago with John Mayall's Bluesbreakers.

redrum

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1782
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home