Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Chicago Secret Gig Bridges to Babylon
Posted by: Venaka ()
Date: October 12, 2005 14:44

Hello everyone, i´ve got a question:

I think it was in 19997 that the Stones performed a secret Gig in a small Club in Chicago. Can anyone give me more information about that concert?

regards,

Alex

Re: Chicago Secret Gig Bridges to Babylon
Posted by: Reptile ()
Date: October 12, 2005 14:48

Exactly two weeks after they did their first 1997 club concert in Toronto, and just hours after they arrived to Chicago, the Rolling Stones did their 2nd pre-tour club concert on Thursday Sept. 18 at the Double Door, a small club in Chicago who normally house alternative music rock bands.

The decition to do the Double Door club gig wasn't done until midnight the day before, on Wednesday. Hard core fans with contacts jumped their cars to rush into Chicago. At 9 AM in the morning they put up a sign outside the Double Door simply telling The Rolling Stones. They charged a standard fee of $7 per ticket, you had to show an ID card, and they wrote your name on the armwrist band that was put on each ticketholders hand to prevent ticket scalping (i.e. no blackmarket sales). A total of 230 tickets were sold to people calling in early on the Double Door. Another 170 tickets went to VIP people, and some lucky guys mamaged to talk their way into the Double Door last minute. The crowd of 400 was actually 100 less than the club can hold, but the Stones management wanted space for TV and radio equipment as well.

The show was on shortly before 10, and they played the following set of songs:

* Little Queenie
* 19th Nervous Breakdown
* You Got Me Rocking
* Crazy Mama
* The Last Time
* Anybody Seen My Baby
* Out Of Control
* Let It Bleed
* Shame Shame Shame
* Honky Tonk Women
* Start Me Up
* Jumping Jack Flash
* Brown Sugar

There is a bootleg recording available aswell, called "Live at the Double Door". I own it, it is very nice.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-10-12 14:49 by Reptile.

Posted by: Venaka ()
Date: October 12, 2005 15:04

Thank you very much, that helps a lot...

Posted by: Koschi ()
Date: October 12, 2005 15:09

has anybody a photo of the sign outside the club and can post it here or send it to me ([email protected])

thx

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: October 12, 2005 15:09

theres also a pro shot (soundboard) video of the whole show as well as the circulating audience audio recording

Posted by: Koschi ()
Date: October 12, 2005 15:33

i downloaded the video file from emule - it´s fun to watch

has anybody a photo of the sign which just says: The Rolling Stones - I would love to see that.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: October 12, 2005 15:35

according to nzentgraf.de, they were booked as The Little Blue Crunchy Things. :E

"What do you want - what?!"
- Keith

Posted by: bv ()
Date: October 12, 2005 15:43

Each and every concert the Stones ever performed since 1997 is reviewd and listed here on IORR. Just go to the main page www.iorr.org and click on the right side with years and reviews. You will see this for 1997:

[iorr.org]

Then check out:
Sept. 18 The Double Door Chicago, IL

Bjornulf

Posted by: drake ()
Date: October 12, 2005 15:43

The soundboard feed on the video suprisingly sounds WORSE than the audience recording I've heard of the gig.

Posted by: inopeng ()
Date: October 12, 2005 16:52

For anyone from Chicago, the now-indicted George Ryan was at that show...one of the indictment counts should be for taking the place of a fan!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1430
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home