Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Brian Jones fans: a disgrace for Brian's memory
Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: October 8, 2005 13:55

Enough is enough. What's the problem with those people? I've never seen so pathetic people in my life. Just look at those intelligent remarks of "Charles Bronson" and "Deb" in that the following thread "in Stones fans in other boards" in Brian Jones: Like A Rolling Stone Message board ":

[www.voy.com]

I've tried to be polite, and to contribute to discussions over there (that are very interesting and informative sometimes), but this blind hatred against Mick and Keith, or anything related to non-Brian related Stones, is really disgusting, and makes it impossible to join in anymore. The whole atmosphere is ill-guided and sick (there are some "inner circle" professional musicians and producers to tell inside stories of how bad and untalented musicians Mick and Keith in reality are, or just how hated and greedy they appear to be in musical business.)

And now I really had it enough, and that's why I came running here ("back home") to share my frustration. Namely, I just learned that the bad people aren't just the "Greedy Twins", the criminals Mick and Keith - two totally untalented people who stole poor Brians's riffs, songs, band, woman, and probably life - but the bad, stupid, unintelligent people are the whole Stones fan base in totality that have worshipped those bastards and blindly believed every word they have said in their own revisionist Rolling Stones history. We - "Stones fans in other boards" - who, if not bashing Brian and Mick Taylor (!!!!!) are just "worshipping Keith Richards as genious and even thinking that Charlie Watts is a good drummer" - are not "intelligent enough to read" as we supposedly don't know that a person named Brian Jones founded the band - or even that person of that name played in and contributed to the band for some years. Not that we have a BAD TASTE (by liking albums like Let It Bleed, Sticky Fingers, Exile or Some Girls) we are STUPID as well! (Why Beggars Banquet is okay, is because it's mostly based on Brian's visons and contributions - yes, we didn't know that).

Poor Brian - he wasn't born (and live or die) under lucky stars at all - his memory is kept alive with horrible statues and fans like that.

I don't know if I break some net etiquette by taking this issue here (namely, I don't want to write there anymore; I better stay out of the cult), I'm sorry for that, but shit, now I feel much better smiling smiley

- Doxa

Re: Brian Jones fans: a disgrace for Brian's memory
Posted by: KSIE ()
Date: October 8, 2005 15:55

Glad to see you back Doxa, have missed your informed contributions here. I don't think any true Stones fan dismisses the contributions of Brian Jones, but from all accounts his demise was self-inflicted. He basically placed himself at the exit door and Mick/Keith just gave him the final nudge. And this resulted more (IMHO) from their dedication to the quality of the band than from any personal animosity. Brian let the band down, not the other way around.

There's my "vent". I feel much better, don't you? cool smiley

Karl

Posted by: Tseverin ()
Date: October 8, 2005 16:00

I think it was Frank Thorogood rather than Mick and Keith that gave Brian the final nudge.

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: October 8, 2005 16:18

yeah, frank thorogood got away with murder.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1538
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home