Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Where in Columbus Ohio?
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 19, 2005 03:14

Any idea what the Stones will be doing this week? Are there in Columbus already for 6 days off? Any idea what hotel?

Re: Where in Columbus Ohio?
Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: September 19, 2005 22:21

anyone who would spend a one week vacation in Columbus, Ohio should have their head examined (unless they have relatives who live there or something).

Date: September 19, 2005 22:22

They're probably staying at the Hilton...

Going out after dark wearing fake mustaches and taking side trips to Cincinnati for chili smiling smiley

Sorry, couldn't resist this one.

Posted by: KSIE ()
Date: September 19, 2005 22:28

ohnonotyouagain Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> anyone who would spend a one week vacation in
> Columbus, Ohio should have their head examined
> (unless they have relatives who live there or
> something).

Aw, c'mon. I doubt the Stones are in Columbus for more than the day of the show, but it is a great city. Lots of good bars and restaurants and terrific record shops along High Street.

karl

Posted by: jumpinjackgreg ()
Date: September 19, 2005 22:44

Columbus is a very cool city but then again i'm biased since i go to school here. No I doubt the Stones will stay here more than the day of the show but that doenst mean it's a lame city. Ohio rocks baby.

Date: September 22, 2005 00:00

Are the Stones in Columbus?

Posted by: camper88 ()
Date: September 22, 2005 02:29

jumpinjackgreg Wrote:
> Ohio
> rocks baby.

Didn't the Pretenders write a song about that?

Way to go Ohio.

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: September 22, 2005 02:31

i hate columbus. went to see a friend there years ago and my car broke down on the way home in the middle of nowhere. not fun. i blame columbus.

Date: September 22, 2005 02:32

J.J.Flash Wrote:
> i blame columbus.

Don't blame him, blame the Queen of Spain.

Posted by: jhat111 ()
Date: September 22, 2005 02:34

get real.........the jet's engines will be warmed up before the first encore.....onto the next town/city.......end of story

Date: September 22, 2005 03:24

Thats Ok cause Ill be Toronto too

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: September 22, 2005 05:52

Hey Flash on top of being a moron, l guess you are also a stalker, l AM SURE THE STONES WILL LOVE TO HANG OUT WITH YOU IN COLUMBUS .
They will probably stay at the trailer park next to where you live.

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Posted by: Mickschick ()
Date: September 22, 2005 16:08

Hey Ropeni, why do you get on lightningFlash so much? He's just asking a question? I mean, I know that you are "Mr.Know it all" but geez, it's not unlikely that the Stones will be hanging close to where they have to be during that week off. I mean, they could stay in NYC. Or they could be in Cleveland. Have you ever been to Cleveland? Its an awesome city. I don't know about Columbus because I've never been there, but I've heard its supposed to be a cool city. And I'm going to be there Tomorrow!! So I can see THE STONES and relish on how GREAT they are!! GOD I LOVE THE STONES! EVERY SHOW IS BETTER THEN THE NEXT ONE!! IF you seen them you'd know that, it seems to me, you don't really know how great they are, I don't believe you've ever seen them. Apparently you are too cheap to see them in the last few years, so your squaking about stuff you obviously dont know, cause everyone knows that each tour seems better then the last one. THey aren't getting older they are truely getting better!! Can't say that about many other people now can you?

Oh and back to Columbus...there are a few 5 star hotels in Columbus. Like the Westin, and I believe there is a Ritz. And I do happen to know that LithtningFlash is staying at the Westin.

Ropeni,why do you just come here to B*tch about the STONES? You must have a lot of time on your hands! "Hours are like diamonds, don't let them waste"...
You know what? There are very fortunate people that actually go to almost Every show,and each and every time they LOVE what is happening onstage! People who Love the Stones, love them. And there isn't a thing you or the other nay sayers on this board will ever do to change our Love for them!
And everytime you bash them you get a zillion reply's on why you are SO WRONG. So just stop sturring the pot. If you don't appreciate The Stones, then don't listen to them. its really that simple. You do know what simple is don't you? You should! Cause you are.
Have a great day Ropeni the Great, learn a new trick and amuse yourself with that. Because your b*tching is getting you no where on this board.

By the way,Ropeni, who is Manolo? is he your Magician's assistant?

Take Care, and I'd say Rock on, but I don't think you know what that means!
Colleen

Date: September 23, 2005 02:44

Mickschick Wrote:
> Hey Ropeni, why do you get on lightningFlash so
> much? He's just asking a question? I mean, I know
> that you are "Mr.Know it all" but geez, it's not
> unlikely that the Stones will be hanging close to
> where they have to be during that week off. I
> mean, they could stay in NYC. Or they could be in
> Cleveland. Have you ever been to Cleveland? Its an
> awesome city. I don't know about Columbus because
> I've never been there, but I've heard its supposed
> to be a cool city. And I'm going to be there
> Tomorrow!! So I can see THE STONES and relish on
> how GREAT they are!! GOD I LOVE THE STONES! EVERY
> SHOW IS BETTER THEN THE NEXT ONE!! IF you seen
> them you'd know that, it seems to me, you don't
> really know how great they are, I don't believe
> you've ever seen them. Apparently you are too
> cheap to see them in the last few years, so your
> squaking about stuff you obviously dont know,
> cause everyone knows that each tour seems better
> then the last one. THey aren't getting older they
> are truely getting better!! Can't say that about
> many other people now can you?
>
> Oh and back to Columbus...there are a few 5 star
> hotels in Columbus. Like the Westin, and I believe
> there is a Ritz. And I do happen to know that
> LithtningFlash is staying at the Westin.
>
> Ropeni,why do you just come here to B*tch about
> the STONES? You must have a lot of time on your
> hands! "Hours are like diamonds, don't let them
> waste"...
> You know what? There are very fortunate people
> that actually go to almost Every show,and each and
> every time they LOVE what is happening onstage!
> People who Love the Stones, love them. And there
> isn't a thing you or the other nay sayers on this
> board will ever do to change our Love for them!
> And everytime you bash them you get a zillion
> reply's on why you are SO WRONG. So just stop
> sturring the pot. If you don't appreciate The
> Stones, then don't listen to them. its really that
> simple. You do know what simple is don't you? You
> should! Cause you are.
> Have a great day Ropeni the Great, learn a new
> trick and amuse yourself with that. Because your
> b*tching is getting you no where on this board.
>
>
>
> By the way,Ropeni, who is Manolo? is he your
> Magician's assistant?
>
> Take Care, and I'd say Rock on, but I don't think
> you know what that means!
> Colleen

Oh Colleen,Colleen, my dear Colleen you are so wrong about me in so many ways.
First, lightningflash is not worth my time anymore so l won't talk about him in this post.
Second l have to tell you that l have seen the Stones at least 20 times in the last 30 years. But being a fan doesn't mean that we have to accept or applaud when the stones stick it to their fans by charging outreageous ticket prices and by playing basically the same set night after night.
Its my god giving right to point those things out in my posts, if someone does not agree with my position,great, they can write as you do their different opinions. That does't bother me at all, we live in a democracy.

By the way Colleen if you get past your fanaticism and take the time to read other posts in this board you will see that quite a great number of other people agree with many of the points that l make. Being a fan its not being blind.
Also honey l have never being to cleaveland and not planning to go there either.
You call me cheap, How do you know?
As a matter of fact l will be seeing the band in Miami on Oct 17, and in Puerto Rico Feb 11,2006.
For the Miami show l paid 160.00 for my tickets. l will not paid one cent more, and for Puerto Rico l will be going for free since the local promoter is a friend. So you see l am not many of the things that you accuse me of being.
As far who is Manolo?
l will let some of our friends in this board,to explain it out for you.
Have a great evening and enjoy the show

Date: September 23, 2005 04:02

> Its my god giving right to point those things out
> in my posts,

How is it a god-given right? That makes no sense. God has nothing to do with your permission to post on this board, ask Creedence if you don't believe me.

> we live in a democracy.

It's ironic that you invoke this kind of argument to support your right to post but yet you slag the Stones for a set list that plays to the masses: the demos of your democracy. So next time you've got an itch to complain about the setlist just remember that the Stones live in a democracy, too. (By the way, we don't all live in a democracy, this internet thing goes beyond national borders).

> By the way Colleen if you get past your fanaticism
> and take the time to read other posts in this
> board you will see that quite a great number of
> other people agree with many of the points that l
> make.

And many more disagree. And when we do, you don't respond to the disagreements you ignore them. But that's your democratic, god-given right, right?

Date: September 23, 2005 14:46

Mr Camper88, It seems to me that you are looking for an argument which l am not gonna get into it, yes l live in a democracy and yes it is my god giving right to post my opinions even if a lot of you"fans" disagree with it. By the same token its also your right to disagree with me and point it out.
It is also the Stones right to play whatever they want. but that doesn't mean that l have to liked. Why you and some of the others get so upset?
To point out that the prices that they are charging are a rip-off is a fact,$450.00 is way too much.
That basically playing the same set everynight is getting stale, well quite a few other posters feel the same, that with a new record out they are only playing 3 songs from it its crazy,a lot of the new songs would sound great live, l mean how much inspiration the stones have to play miss you, or even satisfaction one more time?
When they were rehearsing in toronto they practised more new numbers and a lot of their early stuff but unfortunately they came up with very predictable set.

l was just listening to the woodstock rehearsals cd and they do a terrific version of "tell me"among others that is totally different from the recorded one, it would have sounded great on stage b.
Well Mr camper88, what makes this board interesting is the fact that many different opinions are allowed some we agree with,some we don't but thats whats all about.is'nt it?
And yes Thank God, l and many others in the board live in a democracy.
You have a nice day. You Hear?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1573
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home