Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Did they break up????????
Posted by: marston ()
Date: September 12, 2005 00:02

What was the real status of the band between Dirty Work and Steel Wheels? Here in the states, the news was put out all over the radio thatthey indeed had broken up as a band. Can anyone quote any official sources?

Greg

Re: Did they break up????????
Posted by: john r ()
Date: September 12, 2005 01:01

They never broke up - I have an interview w/ Ron from a local paper in '87, while touring w/ Bo Diddley, in which he says they'll be recording the next year ('88). Of course by then Keith had embarked on his solo album/tour, but Keith also confirmed they had not broken up & would be making an album/tour in '89.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: September 12, 2005 01:27

The Rolling Stones NEVER broke up at any stage and never issued a statement to that affect.

I do remember Bill Wyman being interviewed on breakfast TV in the UK around 1987 and stating that in his opinion the band was unlikely to work again...I didnt see the interview but the first I knew about it was when a guy I worked with saw the programme and then when arriving at work, dropped a sympathy card on my desk which he'd bought en route to the office!

Posted by: Pedro99 ()
Date: September 12, 2005 02:16

The Band never broke up, Jagger did cancel tour plans for 1986 due to band members drug use. He was afraid the Stones would not perform up to their standards.

Date: September 12, 2005 02:56

I have not heard that they broke up, only rumors man...they are the only band that NEVER broke up.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1621
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home