Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Want 1961 home recordings
Posted by: redrum ()
Date: September 8, 2005 22:56

Hi,

Does anyone own copies of the 1961 home recordings by Mick and Keith? I'd like to get a copy. I can trade blank CD-Rs.

Thanks

Re: Want 1961 home recordings
Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: September 8, 2005 23:01

A shot from the hip.
Guess we´re some more that would be interested.
Maybe its safe deposited at Basil´s or Doris´s.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: September 9, 2005 09:38

I was actually watching Rolling With The Stones tonight on MuchMoreMusic in Canada. They mentioned this recording of Little Boy Blue and the Blue Boys and it was auctioned at Christies in the mid 90's. Mick successfully bought the reel so I doubt anyone will have it. They played a very brief tape of them playing Around and Around. Dick Taylor said they made it as an audition tape, I think he said for Alexis Korner.

Date: September 9, 2005 10:42

I heard a home recording from Alexis Korner's living room last week (Stones with Dick Taylor and Mick Avery). Sweet Little Sixteen! I was amazed with how hard rocking this version was. The guy who played it for us paid about 250 dollars for it...). I think the recording was from early 1962. Does it really exist recordings from 1961 as well?

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: September 9, 2005 11:14

Didn't Sotheby's or some other auction sell a live recording of the Stones at the Marquee in 1962 or something a few years ago (Around the Licks Tour)??? I remember someone anonymous bought it, and that person later was revealed as Mick Jagger.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: smith ()
Date: September 9, 2005 12:33

at least 6 entire songs turned up from the 1961/1962 recordings on a shitload of bootlegs for the last two years - namely "Around And Around", "Little Queenie", "Beautiful Delilah", "La Bamba", I Ain't Got You" and "Wee Baby Blues" - keep your eyes open on records-fairs - or should I seed them on Dime?

Sweet Little 16 wasn't even recorded at this "session" - I wonder what you've heard DandelionPowderman. The tape was described in Record Collector track-by-track before it was sold - no Sweet 16 on it.

Date: September 9, 2005 12:37

<Sweet Little 16 wasn't even recorded at this "session" - I wonder what you've heard DandelionPowderman. The tape was described in Record Collector track-by-track before it was sold - no Sweet 16 on it.>

Seems like the session I referred to was later in 1962. Was the session with the 6 songs also from Alexis Korner's living room?

Posted by: The GR ()
Date: September 9, 2005 15:12

The recording was from Richmond of a live show in 63, it was reported here at the time so look back.

Date: September 9, 2005 15:51

<The recording was from Richmond of a live show in 63, it was reported here at the time so look back.>

The thread states "home recording"?

Posted by: tattoome ()
Date: September 9, 2005 17:45

mail me ichbin.ich@freenet.de
have some celler outtakes from 61
phil

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2224
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home