Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Stones Fans Charity Challange
Posted by: gut ()
Date: September 3, 2005 01:37

I hope this doesn't get censored. I've already had 2 get axed today.

I WANT TO ISSUE A CHALLANGE FOR ALL ROLLING STONES FANS AT THIS SITE AROUND THE WORLD TO AT LEAST GIVE SOMETHING TO THE DIASTER RELIEF AIDING THE U.S.A. GULF COAST.

Whether you hate our politics our not, please consider giving some money to one of the many relief agencies aiding the victims of this horrible diaster.

As for myself, my wife and I are pledging AT LEAST $50 a month for the forseeable future, plus we are leaving for diaster volunteer services in Louisiana this week. I can skip a Rolling Stones concert for a good cause and this national crisis is the BEST reason to do so.

Whether you hate the GUT or support me, please give to the innocent victims who need YOUR help.

#......Go ahead....Bite the Big Apple....Don't mind the Maggots.....Uh Huh...#

Re: Stones Fans Charity Challange
Posted by: chippy ()
Date: September 3, 2005 01:40

people helping people

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 3, 2005 02:44

I'm gona give what I can to the Salvation Army. All us Stones fans really can make a difference if we try.

Posted by: The GR ()
Date: September 3, 2005 13:45

The UK government offered to help and got turned down.

Posted by: Debra ()
Date: September 4, 2005 00:04

WHY WOULD WE TURN DOWN HELP FROM TONY BLAIR AND THE U.K>??????I doubt this is true.

Date: September 4, 2005 00:17

It probably hasn't been accepted yet, not turned down. The bureucrats like to do needs anaylsis of these kinds of things so they can justify their cake jobs.

Posted by: sdstonesguy ()
Date: September 4, 2005 00:17

On Shidoobee they have something set up with a matching fund. A great way to double your pledge...also, if you only need 1 wristband (or none), then just ask for one or none. Seems a waste of support money to make wristbands IMO.

Posted by: Jan Richards ()
Date: September 4, 2005 00:41

Well, Bush seams to think that US of A is the greatest nation on earth, so why would he accept any help...
Well, we living in good ol Europe may have a different look upon things....

Posted by: Treesnake2000 ()
Date: September 4, 2005 00:47

"Seems" not "seams", you illiterate xenophobe. This hardly seems like the time or place for such useless comments as yours.

Date: September 4, 2005 01:41

++++++Well, Bush seams to think that US of A is the greatest nation on earth, so why would he accept any help...
Well, we living in good ol Europe may have a different look upon things.... ++++

Exactly the kind of ignorant and hateful thing that I had hoped would not be posted, especially on this thread.

Jan Richards, This is a thread for giving help not giving insults.

Shame on you.

Date: September 4, 2005 02:02

gut, you've posted the most hateful things here...good to see you calming down, but i wouldn't be pointing fingers if i were you...

Date: September 4, 2005 02:21

======gut, you've posted the most hateful things here...=======

I don't think thats hardly true at all, but thats just a criticism on your part of me and I take that for what its worth...in a positive way. Any thing I've posted in the past that was mean was done in defense of my country and president and people like me. I may have gotten carried away in my replies, but I am both man enough and humane enough to admit my mistakes. I too as well as others could use some restraint in our posts....but I hardly think I post the most hateful things. Contrary, I post some of the most thoughtful.

JanRichards' post kind of irked me because it was poor attempt at a hidden jab at insulting Bush again. More of the same anti-Bush crap that continually shows up unchallenged. Well, not any more.

There are pro-Bush Stones fans who love the Rolling Stones as well.

Now lets get back to HELPING THE HURRICANE VICTIMS. Nearly a million people are displace in the Gulf Coast and there is no time for bitching, just helping.

Date: September 4, 2005 02:34

Ok, sorry for my post earlier on. I'v been staying in a hotel on the next block from Bourbon Street so I've seen the place. So much of music history that may have been lost, it really is a sad situation. Political or non political, still a sad situation

Date: September 4, 2005 02:39

All peace to you, Jan. Good tidings to you.

Did you post that you are actually in the Quarter at this moment, or have done so recently?

Date: September 4, 2005 15:08

All well gut. I was there about a year ago and I have it on the "have to revisit" list. I really liked the place. Sadly to say, I may have to take if off the list nowsad smiley

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: September 4, 2005 16:20

Why should I give money to the richest country in the world?

Mathijs

Date: September 4, 2005 19:00

Just saw Kuwait has made the largest donation $500M and Qatar donated $100M. Both pledge to donate oil as well.

Posted by: roryg ()
Date: September 4, 2005 19:07

Try Second Harvest as well. We tossed them fifty yesterday after seeing them actually getting food to people.

Date: September 4, 2005 19:21

+++++Why should I give money to the richest country in the world? +++++

Exactly the kind of vile remark I expected of you, Majitsu. Don't worry, we'd rather not have money from America-haters. It would be blood money coming from you.

Yes, his post pissed me off.

Date: September 4, 2005 19:24

gut, settle down & let people have their opinion. You seem all hopped up on something, jumping at every post. Smoke a J, have a drink, get laid, whatever your vice is & relax.

Date: September 4, 2005 19:35

Sorry, stones-guy, I also see my need to chill also.

This has been a horrible week for America and people who deliberately want to rub salt in our wounds bring out the absolute worst in me. The afore-mentioned poster and several others have taken great pleasure in seeing America suffer at the hand of terrorism and other disasters in the past. They are sick vile people with dead hearts....I would almost feel sorry for them most of them if they didn't spread such hate.

But I believe the vast majority of posters feel great sympathy and love for New Orleans and the Gulf Coast. The Stones certainly do since the very foundation of their music is derived from Mississippi Delta Blues and Louisiana's famous Jazz and Rhythm and Blues. I think they will step up to the plate BIG TIME to help out....there is going to be plenty of time because we are going to be hurting a long time.

Date: September 4, 2005 19:41

I also think that a unifying theme for all of us, whether you like American leaders or not, is Love for New Orleans. It is such a great city to visit....I hope it remains that way. It will never be the same again, but we can't afford to lose the heritage and history it represents.

I encourage everyone, if they can affort it, to visit it when this whole nightmare is over....but that will probably be years from now. Its the most European-like city in the United States. The food, music, and culture are intoxicating in its own. You don't have to go get shit-faced drunk at Mardi Gras to get high in this town.

Posted by: tussler ()
Date: September 4, 2005 19:55

A lot of countries have offered help to USA, including Iran and Cuba. I don`t think the money is the problem,I rather think the problem is to organize the whole thing. Remember every thing is down nothings work. First of all, I really hope they can evacute all the people and then begun with all the the rest.

Now it`s no time to find out what went wrong and who`s to blame. We and they can find out and disscuse that later. The only important thing now is to get people out of there.
I can`t figure out how they are gonna build up a "camp" with a kind of infrastructure with shcools, stores and all the other things that they need for over one million people. That`s a challange and I`m sure we all hope they will make it.

Date: September 4, 2005 20:00

========"don`t think the money is the problem,I rather think the problem is to organize the whole thing."===========

Exactly!!!!! Anyone who has ever been part of or had to deal with a Buracracy, knows that Bureaucrats gum up the works, no matter how hard they try not to. Unfortunately, that is a built-in evil of the system. In New Orleans, there was total breakdown of who accepted responsibilty, from local to Federal. To blame this on one man is idiotic.

Date: September 4, 2005 20:57

gut, i understand your view & frustration with those who are not offering sympathy. However, you must remember that many Americans feel the same way about so many other cultures, countries, people. The best thing to do is to spread some word of understanding to those who seem to refuse to understand. I work with people who seem to think Palestinians, Iraqis and Iranians are barbarians. They don't seem to realize these people, for the most part, want the same things us Americans want. Peace, prosperity, a fair shake, etc. They are saying the toll may be in the thousands from the hurricane now, that is internatinal news. There was almost no news on the 1/2 million killed in the greater Congo region. There was almost no news on the near 1,000 killed in Iraq last week. The hurricane was a great tragedy, but there are so many others that our hearts don't bleed for...and that is the sadest truth of all humanity.

Posted by: humanriff77 ()
Date: September 4, 2005 21:03

Please post details of a reliable place to donate money,I didnt see anything in the press over here yet.
Glad to see Fats is OK, anyone know about Ziggy Modeliste, does he love In NO?New Barbarians fans should be told!

Posted by: skelly ()
Date: September 4, 2005 21:12

Debra Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> WHY WOULD WE TURN DOWN HELP FROM TONY BLAIR AND
> THE U.K>??????I doubt this is true.

Yes it's true to a degree. Bush hasn't turned down aid from the UK government but many UK and European aid organisations, who have no official link to their governments but who are highly trained in disaster relief have had their offers of assistance declined. The stance made was that the USA is capable in itself to deal with this crisis. Quite clearly it is not!

I don't know what the press coverage in the US is like but here in the UK and Europe Mr Bush is not looking too good. His handling (or lack of) is despicable and sickening. If this disaster happened in any other world country major efforts would be made to control and repair the situation immediately, this should not be happening in the 21st Century in the USA!

I have no axe to grind with America, I have been there twice, loved it, loved the people and hope to return there many more times. I am sickened though by the poor releif operation lead by the President.

Would it have been like this if the huricane and flooding had hit a mostly white populated city? I doubt it!

I think I've bust a button on my trousers....

Date: September 4, 2005 21:21

I started this post as a way to unite Stones fan in the massive relief effort.

Valid points and criticisms have been made. Some things I disagree with, but as long as its done in a civil way, I'm alright with it. I don't have to agree with everyone. I just don't want anti-American hate and racism to poison what is a very good cause.

I don't know if Europeans can access this info, but CNN has a link to phone numbers of valid relief organizations:

[www.cnn.com]

I hope everyone can help to the extent they are able. If you can't call the numbers, maybe there are additional websites as well.

All my heartfelt Thanks, Gut (a bleeding heart Conservative...)

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: September 5, 2005 22:46

Gut, you never answered my question: why should I donate money to the richest country in the world? The US has all the money, funds, expertise and what more in the world, why do I need to give money? I agree with giving money to poor people in poor countries, but why should I donate to a country that has all in abundance?

Mathijs

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: September 5, 2005 22:50

[www.dn.se] Thailand/Indian Ocean.
200,000 people dead by a tsunami. Some 7,000 in Thailand- 543 Swedes,
most of us
know someone who was there. Now gone.
(Headline means: We never forget Khao Lak).

[news.bbc.co.uk]

Iraq. Aug 31, the day before New Orleans. 1,000 (965 confirmed) dead.

Cruel world.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2032
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home