Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

To buy or not to buy
Posted by: out of my head ()
Date: September 4, 2005 22:47

I have TY, SL, UC on vinyl from when I was younger. I also recently acquired mint condition copies of SF and LIB on vinyl. I had a silly little record player back when I was a kid and I have never really heard the vinyl on a good audio setup like I have now. That all got lost with cassettes and CDs. I've been contemplating buying a turntable for this reason alone. Any audiophiles out there think that the albums sound THAT much better and warmer. Should I buy the turntable ?

Re: To buy or not to buy
Posted by: G. the Cock ()
Date: September 4, 2005 22:52

Without any doubt: YES

Just listen to "Stripped" or Keith's "Talk Is Cheap" on vinyl with a high end turntable, amp and speakers - the CD sounds like a 48kbit mp3 in comparison to that - believe me!!!!!

"I'm Free" on STRIPPED is driving me to tears when Keith's guitar is waving through my living room - played from vinyl! You really think the guy's by your side!!!

But be careful, you have to invest an amount of money for the equipment!!!

Truth is stranger than fiction

stoned greetings
G. The Cock

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: September 4, 2005 22:57

Buy the LP's and just look for a good turntable.

I have a table but put it in the box in the basement. Never used it. I'll still get the LP's because of the artwork - including the sleeve.

I framed Peter Frampton's A&M sleeve's. They are quite good. There is a dog watching LP's flying thru the open window. Great stuff.........s

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 4, 2005 23:04

Buy your self a Sota...expensive, built like a tank and sound great. I've owned one for years and it's never let me down.

[www.sotaturntables.com]

ROCKMAN

Posted by: G. the Cock ()
Date: September 4, 2005 23:14

I'm really happy with my ROKSAN RADIUS plus Van den Hul DDT cartridge - fits perfectly with Rock and Blues!

Sometimes available on eBay (turntable), but the VdH is rare and expensive!

Truth is stranger than fiction

stoned greetings
G. The Cock

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1289
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home