Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Question on Brazilian concert.
Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: August 26, 2005 11:16

I read on the IORR tour page that they will play before 400.000 people in Brazil. Will this be part of that carnival they usually hold every year (Brazil, not the Stones grinning smiley)??? I know Rod Stewart played there and I even think he's in Guiness Book of Records for it (Largest audience at a rock concert I believe). It was either Rod or Tina Turner.

JumpingKentFlash

Re: Question on Brazilian concert.
Posted by: stickydion ()
Date: August 26, 2005 12:01

I don't know the answer but i have a new question: can they attract more than 500.000 people (that show + Maracana) in Rio? I think it would be a mirracle, even for the most popular live act in the world as the Stones are. And i think Rio is not Buenos Aires, isn't really a "Stonesland". Just curious...

Posted by: stonefan ()
Date: August 26, 2005 12:11

A Brazilian fan told me that about one million people were expected to show up at Copacabana Beach...don't know if it's possible but that would be a record

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: August 29, 2005 19:12

Hot damn. And I even think that they usually show these concerts on TV (Not sure though). But @#$%& that would be so cool.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: salar ()
Date: August 29, 2005 19:20

stickydion Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I don't know the answer but i have a new question:
> can they attract more than 500.000 people (that
> show + Maracana) in Rio? I think it would be a
> mirracle, even for the most popular live act in
> the world as the Stones are. And i think Rio is
> not Buenos Aires, isn't really a "Stonesland".
> Just curious...

I have heard that the Copacabana concert is for FREE...
The brasilian government ot the city of Rio are taking all the costs,
that`s way there are such large crowds .

C u on ABB
salar

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 29, 2005 19:23

Stickydion, Argentina and Brazil are stonesland indeed! During the Voodoo Lounge tour Stones played 5 sold out shows at the River Plate Stadium in Buenos Aires, 2 sold out shows at Maracana (biggest stadium in the world) in Rio, 3 sold out shows at Pacaembu in Sao Paulo plus on or two huge concerts in Santiago, Chile.
The fans are young and they don't have the same nostalgic feeling like fans in Europe and USA, but Stones are the greatest band you can add to the bill for concerts in Argentina and Brazil. And they proved it again during the BTB tour.

Posted by: Halup ()
Date: August 29, 2005 19:46

JumpingKentFlash,

Carnival begins a week after the Stones concert in Rio, so this is not part of the festival. Also, it's Paul McCartney that holds the record for largest attendence at a concert by a single performer (this excludes festivals, thus events like the Stones in Toronto in 2003 are excluded) when he played 2 shows at Maracana in Rio in April 1990. The first concert attracted somewhere around 125-150,000 with the second holding the record with 184,000.

Posted by: country honk ()
Date: August 29, 2005 20:06

Let's hope Mick will not end up with another brazilian girl => kid.....

Posted by: lodge ()
Date: August 29, 2005 21:37

I am working with a brazilia guy here in Switzerland. He told me mostly they close down a big portion of Cobacabana for the public and it's a kind of fenced in but open to the sea. Mostly the boats are out there. It has been before for other events. He assumes that it would be no problem to attract half a million in Rio

Posted by: stickydion ()
Date: August 30, 2005 04:39

The Worst wrote : "The fans are young and they don't have the same nostalgic feeling like fans in Europe and USA"

É know the fans are young, South America discovered what "Stones on stage" means just in 1995! Only ten years ago. But also in the european stadiums during Lcks Tour i was staying between a lot of people much younger than me (less than 25,even less than 20- i am 44). A notable and very pleasant fact. Stones, the band of many genarations...

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: August 30, 2005 08:31

It would be a blast, but having been at shows where there is a flat surface (like copacabana beach), I would think that most people will not be able to see the stage.

It's better that it is not scheduled at the same time as Carnival, as things can get less than safe for tourists during that time.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1354
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home