Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: What Career Advice Would You Give To Mick Taylor?
Posted by: tatters ()
Date: September 16, 2009 15:45

out of my head
Dude, why are you tryin to give "career advice" to a proven legend ??

Because what he's been doing for the past 35 years clearly isn't working. Anyway, I'm quite sure that Mick doesn't read this board and wouldn't take our advice even if he did. I'm just saying, Suppose you and Mick were in a bar, having a beer, and he ASKED you for advice. What would you say? Maybe you would say "What are you asking me for? I'm in no position to give advice to a great man like yourself". Fine. That's your answer then. It's as valid as anyone else's.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: September 16, 2009 15:50

....eat wise and exercise....don't sweat the small stuff. Rock on.

Date: September 16, 2009 15:53

Svartmer
out of my head
Dude, why are you tryin to give "career advice" to a proven legend ?? Leave him alone and let him be. Ridiculous some of these recent topics.

Agree. It´s nothing but humiliating when the "succesful" people on this board feel that they have to give advices to an old legend. Arrogance really.

What's humiliating for an old legend is having to play for chump change in tiny clubs that are only half full. Does it HAVE to be that way? No, I don't think it does. What can he do to change it, assuming he even WANTS to change it? That's what this thread is asking. This board if LOADED with threads full of posts telling the OTHER Rolling Stones what THEY should be doing. Do you have a problem with that, too?

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: September 16, 2009 16:08

I have a sneaky suspicion that our beloved MT will be invited for the next tour, which should commence in Feb or March.

Date: September 16, 2009 16:46

Chris Fountain
I have a sneaky suspicion that our beloved MT will be invited for the next tour, which should commence in Feb or March.

Chris, Is this based on anything other than fantasy? I know there would be a tie-in with the Ya-Ya's and Exile re-issues, but is Mick even going to receive royalties from the sales of thoses re-issues? And why would "The Company" which he resigned from 35 years ago, and whom he is now taking to court, and writing a tell-all book about, invite him to tour?

Posted by: Svartmer ()
Date: September 16, 2009 16:47

tatters
Svartmer
out of my head
Dude, why are you tryin to give "career advice" to a proven legend ?? Leave him alone and let him be. Ridiculous some of these recent topics.

Agree. It´s nothing but humiliating when the "succesful" people on this board feel that they have to give advices to an old legend. Arrogance really.

What's humiliating for an old legend is having to play for chump change in tiny clubs that are only half full. Does it HAVE to be that way? No, I don't think it does. What can he do to change it, assuming he even WANTS to change it? That's what this thread is asking. This board if LOADED with threads full of posts telling the OTHER Rolling Stones what THEY should be doing. Do you have a problem with that, too?

The problem is that you feel pity for him. I don´t think that´s the case concerning the other Stones. But in general I think people should mind their own business.

Date: September 16, 2009 16:56

Svartmer
tatters
Svartmer
out of my head

The problem is that you feel pity for him. I don´t think that´s the case concerning the other Stones. But in general I think people should mind their own business.

Let me get this straight. If you feel pity for someone, the best thing to do is to just mind your own business? Seems like an odd way to help someone. Besides, if everyone just minded their own business, there wouldn't be any reason for anyone to ever talk to anyone about anything. Maybe your right, though. Maybe I should open EVERY thread on this message board and answer EVERY post with "Why don't you mind your own business?"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-09-16 16:58 by tatters.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: September 16, 2009 16:57

tatters
Chris Fountain

Chris, Is this based on anything other than fantasy? I know there would be a tie-in with the Ya-Ya's and Exile re-issues, but is Mick even going to receive royalties from the sales of thoses re-issues? And why would "The Company" which he resigned from 35 years ago, and whom he is now taking to court, and writing a tell-all book about, invite him to tour?

Only Speculation. Remember when Bruce quit the E Street Band?? This is possible. We're all getting older and this would be a favorable move by the Stones. I would love to see that happen. I really don't need the well respected back-up musicians anymore. Not sure if I needed them to begin with. I want a simple open stage and R & R on this tour.

Posted by: Svartmer ()
Date: September 16, 2009 17:17

tatters
Svartmer
tatters
Svartmer
out of my head

Let me get this straight. If you feel pity for someone, the best thing to do is to just mind your own business? Seems like an odd way to help someone. Besides, if everyone just minded their own business, there wouldn't be any reason for anyone to ever talk to anyone about anything. Maybe your right, though. Maybe I should open EVERY thread on this message board and answer EVERY post with "Why don't you mind your own business?"

There´s a big difference between having a point of view about something then to tell other people what they should do with their lifes. Besides, I don´t think Mick Taylor needs your help. Don´t you think that he is is capable to make his own decisions regarding his career?

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: September 16, 2009 17:24

I really hope this happens! it would be good on so many levels. I'd love to hear him with the Stones, but in view of his recent comments it ain't likely.

>>Only Speculation. Remember when Bruce quit the E Street Band?? This is possible. We're all getting older and this would be a favorable move by the Stones. I would love to see that happen. I really don't need the well respected back-up musicians anymore. Not sure if I needed them to begin with. I want a simple open stage and R & R on this tour.<<

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: September 16, 2009 18:17

in view of the recent post guess things are cool with MT and the Stones...

"but in view of his recent comments it ain't likely. "

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: September 16, 2009 18:30

tatters
out of my head
Dude, why are you tryin to give "career advice" to a proven legend ??

Because what he's been doing for the past 35 years clearly isn't working.

clearly isn't working in what sense? he's maintained the active life of a musician...seems like it's been working just fine for him....

Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: September 16, 2009 18:42

Barn Owl
Get a lawyer!

...a ruthless, bad-assed, war-mongering, muck-raking, tell-all-or-else bully who can threaten to expose Mick and Keith for what they really are.
But Alan Klein is dead!

Posted by: Paintitblak ()
Date: September 16, 2009 19:23

He should be guest on different rock and blues bands studio recording (ex : The Black Crows, working with Richard Ashcroft, replace Noel Gallagher (joke), The Raconteurs...)
He should join a young rock/blues band as guest...
He should form another band with more energy for some dirty blues riffs..(like Canadian band The Perpetrators, or like the Black Keys)
He should stay in Austin, Texas to get some more exposure.

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: September 16, 2009 20:11

Don't listen to me.

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: September 16, 2009 21:34

It's funny..Mick Taylor really has become like the old blues legends, here in 2009. Shades of Muddy painting the ceiling. And maybe Mick and Keith have become like Robert Johnson, if you believe old tales.....

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: September 16, 2009 21:35

It's been made very clear that Mick Taylor will NEVER play with the Stones again. By HIM. One could argue that Mick Taylor fans should respect him in that way - but no, there is no respect, only selfish fandom. And the Stones have never even remotely distantly hinted at such a thing. Why the insistence that it MIGHT happen? Because of some reissues? That's bosh. How long does this fantasy land thinking have to continue? He quit in 1974. Nothing has changed since then. So what if he played at ONE show in 1981. He's not the same player y'all think he is based on bootlegs from the early 1970s. It's obvious. "Wouldn't it be great?" has no relevance to reality, which is "It will not happen."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-09-16 21:37 by skipstone.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1482
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home